Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The Rage

Bort
  • Start Topic

Desperate to leave the Jupiter House, Natasha, Bobbi, and Mrs. Eaves find their plans thwarted by the chaos and destruction of the other suddenly-possessed children. Later, Bobbi receives the social worker’s long-awaited call.

Airdate: 29 May 2022

I get all of the allegory stuff ; you can’t win if you’re a mother, you either want a baby too much or not enough , your children will turn against you. But I’m not getting a good storyline besides the allegorical stuff. This episode should have been scary but it wasn’t for some reason. I like the actress who plays Natasha but I want a real story .

• Love 3

It seems like it's going towards Natasha being the one who ends up wanting him, and who he can grow up with.  I continue to be amazed by the baby, himself.  How they manage to get those actions and facial expressions from him.  When she told him she was sorry about what happened to his mother, his faced looked like she was the first one ever to say that to him.  However they're working with the babies, it's very effective.

• Love 8

I continue to be in love with this show.  What a wonderful story!

The Natasha actress--and the Bobbi one, too--are wonderful, but learning in this episode that the baby's father is still alive--whoa!  That actor is fabulous.  In an early episode, he tells Helen that he knows she finds him repulsive, and I thought bingo-stingo.  That's *exactly* what that guy is:  repulsive.  I hope that poor actor looks better cleaned up, or I hope there are lots of roles for repulsive-looking men because if that's really how he looks, well, he's going to be type-cast forever.

Those kids were terrifying--Children of the Corn much?--and I was really worried they had killed Mrs. Eaves.  What a cast this show has!  And what a story it tells!

• Love 2

Seeing the new abilities of the baby was very creepy.  I don't understand how the girl who smashed her head in with a rock was walking around fine with no apparent injuries.

Even though Natasha was harsh, she wasn't wrong in what she said to Bobbi.  Bobbi puts on a false front of being happy-go-lucky, but she's a very insecure and needy person.

I thought Mrs. Eaves died, so it surprised me to see her walking at the end.

I thought this show was a horror comedy, we've seem to have lost the comedy a long time ago.

On 5/30/2022 at 11:13 AM, LADreamr said:

It seems like it's going towards Natasha being the one who ends up wanting him, and who he can grow up with.  I continue to be amazed by the baby, himself.  How they manage to get those actions and facial expressions from him.  When she told him she was sorry about what happened to his mother, his faced looked like she was the first one ever to say that to him.  However they're working with the babies, it's very effective.

The baby is pretty amazing. I can't think of any show or movie I've seen with such an expressive baby in a lead role no less. There's a short video on You Tube called "Behind The Scenes Filming With Babies | The Baby | HBO" that's quite interesting. As you would expect - it's a complicated process.

That said I found this episode to be a bit disjointed. The segue from Children of the Corn to impromptu family therapy session was so abrupt that I thought it made no sense as horror, comedy or drama. But overall, I'm still enjoying this show - just because it is so different. And the acting is great.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Mannahatta said:

The baby is pretty amazing. I can't think of any show or movie I've seen with such an expressive baby in a lead role no less. There's a short video on You Tube called "Behind The Scenes Filming With Babies | The Baby | HBO" that's quite interesting. As you would expect - it's a complicated process.

Thanks! I'll definitely check that out.

I went back and watched the first few episodes again last night, just to see if what we know now is foreshadowed at all in the beginning.  Not that I could tell, but maybe that's partly because we don't know everything yet.  It just made me wonder about his list of skills, and again, if he was born with them or they developed through trauma after losing his mother.  OR - was his mother not the one he ever wanted, and she was his first victim?  She was just the vessel to get him born?  I have no idea.  

As for abilities - we know he has mind control over people, he seems to have the ability to transport himself (although I think we only saw that once, early on, in Natasha's house).  He absolutely knows what's going on around him, and understands what people are saying.  And can make things happen, to result in the death of people who are in his way - whatever his mission ends up actually being.

And I know he's actually a decades-old murderous psychopath, but I was really glad she finally had a car seat for him, instead of the laundry basket, or just sitting on the back seat.  I wondered if the fact that he was asleep in the car indicated that he's feeling more safe with her?

Yes, I do too have a life. :)

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

he baby is pretty amazing. I can't think of any show or movie I've seen with such an expressive baby in a lead role no less.

The original Baby Lily on Modern Family was hilarious, the deadpan QUEEN. But she was hard to work with I guess so they replaced her. I think the director mostly uses context for a set of expressions the baby has. Like most of his scurrilous looks are probably gas of one variety or another but the editors are just framing him in between cuts to his very casual if calculated murders. 

I thought this episodes was SUPER creepy, and I'm loving the show even though I think it's a bit all over the place, it's stronger when it's a horror-satire, but I also really appreciate that Natasha is allowed to be kind of an epic asshole, it makes her being stuck with the angry baby man sort of karmic. Speaking of I am not sure how I feel about where it's going with Helen's husband being still alive, is he IN the baby? Not just genetically? The reason I was so into this show is because I saw Alice Lowe's Prevenge in which a very very pregnant woman is urged on by the voice of a malicious fetus to do gruesome things, so it's like Natasha ended up with that fully birthed little demon. 

• Love 2