Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Part II

Message added by formerlyfreedom,

This is the episode topic for the second episode of Obi-Wan Kenobi. If you want to deep dive on the Star Wars universe, please head to this topic. Posts that are completely off topic from the episode may be removed. Thank you!

• Start Topic

Luke wasn't adopted like Leia was. He was raised by his uncle and aunt. Even though they were stepuncle and stepaunt they never raised Luke as their son but as their nephew. It is a little odd. They easily could have said they adopted a baby boy and no one on Tatooine would have given it any thought. I wonder if Owen did that more for Shmi then Anakin. He only met Anakin once but Shmi was his stepmother for many years. 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Sandman said:

Well, at least they're big on repressing emotion, because that's so healthy

I always come back to the fact that if Yoda had just said to little Anakin: "I sense great fear in you, I'm going to dispatch a couple Jedis to rescue your mom and then set up up with some sessions with our in-house shrink. After that we will see about training" then the whole galaxy probably wouldn't have fallen apart.

Also I am curious, is the rebel alliance actually a real thing at this point? If so why isn't there some kind of Jedi style underground railroad? It seems like if those Jedis had some assistance hiding it would be helpful. Plus if the rebels actually had some Jedis supporting their cause, even for short bursts while they are moved from place to place I imagine it would go a long way.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I always come back to the fact that I'd Yoda had just said to little Anakin: "I sense great fear in you, I'm going to dispatch a couple Jedis to rescue your mom and then set up up with some sessions with our in-house shrink. After that we will see about training" then the whole galaxy probably wouldn't have fallen apart.

That really was all he had to do. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I'm going to dispatch a couple Jedis to rescue your mom and then set up up with some sessions with our in-house shrink.

... who can actually, you know, read minds.

• Love 1
On 5/28/2022 at 9:00 AM, benteen said:

To bring up a point mentioned elsewhere, if Reva can rip information from someone's mind, why didn't she try to do this with Owen in the first episode? For that matter, why does Vader waste his time with a probe droid in ANH when he could just rip the information out of Leia's mind? This is a (dark side) power that NEVER should have been created in the sequel trilogy. It's another JJ Abrams cheat code to get from Point A to Point B as quickly as possible. 

That wasn’t created for the sequel trilogy or by Abrams. Lucas used that particular cheat code in RotJ to have Vader discover that Leia was his daughter. It also came up in the animated shows which established that it doesn’t work on everyone. 

On 6/4/2022 at 6:09 PM, Sarah 103 said:

We know he's an aspiring pilot so I imagine there's racing whatever the Star Wars version of soap box derby or when he gets older something more like hot rods made from what they can get second hand.

The Star Wars version of racing, esp on Tatooine, is pod racing. Even some six year olds can excel at the sport.

(edited)

I'm glad Obi-Wan is actually doing something active in this episode, though I didn't follow how he found Leia's kidnappers so quickly. 

I liked some of the scenes between Obi-Wan and Leia, but she was still annoyingly bratty just doing whatever she wanted, and not acknowledging that she was causing her parents a lot of worry by wandering off and then causing Obi-Wan a world of trouble by running away.  Though it makes no sense why he didn't stay hooded when he knew his Wanted hologram was everywhere.

I still found Reva grating and unenjoyable.  Why wouldn't the Grand Inquisitor lock her up or something after her rouge actions.

This episode was slightly better than the first, but still not fully engaging or intriguing.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1