Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Part II

Message added by formerlyfreedom,

This is the episode topic for the second episode of Obi-Wan Kenobi. If you want to deep dive on the Star Wars universe, please head to this topic. Posts that are completely off topic from the episode may be removed. Thank you!

• Start Topic

Well need to get some sleep and watch the episode again for more clear thoughts but a few random ones. 

Now I guess people can stop bitching about the Grand Inquisitor not looking right.

Ten years Obi-Wan did you not read a newspaper or anything to learn about Darth Vader still being alive?

So Leia is already starting to show Jedi ability with how she is able to read people like Obi-Wan and her cousin. It is like Rey in TFA. Funny Obi-Wan is waiting for a sign that Luke is showing powers that he just kind of ignored Leia.  

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, ybrik said:

Well need to get some sleep and watch the episode again for more clear thoughts but a few random ones. 

Now I guess people can stop bitching about the Grand Inquisitor not looking right.

Ten years Obi-Wan did you not read a newspaper or anything to learn about Darth Vader still being alive?

So Leia is already starting to show Jedi ability with how she is able to read people like Obi-Wan and her cousin. It is like Rey in TFA. Funny Obi-Wan is waiting for a sign that Luke is showing powers that he just kind of ignored Leia.  

Haven’t seen this one yet, but haven’t fans been talking since ROTJ about Obi-Wan just kind of forgetting about Leia?

LOL at the idea of Obi-Wan of all characters  being some sort of space sexist. 🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

This is pretty entertaining so far. I've never liked the Inquisitors, though. They seem just kind of silly. Maybe this will change my mind.

It's funny how no one can seem to catch Leia. Because she's Princess Leia dammit!

Hopefully this will be the end of Kumail Nanjiani's involvement.

I really liked the end of this episode. Little bit Creepy.

3 hours ago, WritinMan said:

I really liked the end of this episode. Little bit Creepy.

Yes, we finally got to see Hayden Christensen as Vader again… it’s amazing to see how far his acting skills have come since the prequel trilogy! ;)

• LOL 7

I’m really interested to see how they’ll play with the continuity with this series. Will Leia only know Ben as Ben? Will she think he died (hence her BEN Kenobi!?! Reaction in ANH)? Was there a part of her “rescue me” video that was cut out where  after she points out that he served Bail in the Clone Wars, she goes on about that other time he rescued her and made her float and it was awesome? I love Young Leia, so I’m not complaining, but thats all I could think about during their scenes. 

• Love 7

The Inquisitor Shuttle cannot catch an automated freighter???

3 hours ago, tkc said:

Yes, we finally got to see Hayden Christensen as Vader again… it’s amazing to see how far his acting skills have come since the prequel trilogy! ;)

He definitely puts the ACT in Bacta... But still in second place compared to Boba Fett

• LOL 7

Poor Lola - will she get fixed?

And Leia did not owe an apology to her cousin. He OWED HER an apology for the nasty cracks about her adoption. I’ll never forget when I was younger some older kids were picking on me and I said something that hurt their feelings and my mother forced me to apologize. And I think she was wrong. So that type of thing is personal. 😜

• Hugs 1
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, WritinMan said:

Hopefully this will be the end of Kumail Nanjiani's involvement.

I mean, it should unless they get stuck on the planet for some reason.  On the other hand, I'd have expected a hothead like Reva to just gut him with her lightsaber rather than letting him live.    Why do that if he's never coming back?

• Useful 2

That ending! I need a moment. Vader looked ticked off.  Nice seeing Leia and Obi-Wan spend some time together. She does name her son Ben and honestly she doesn't interact with him in A New Hope so this helps a bunch. 

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Ten year old Leia is cuter than a bug's ear. Also a world-class brat.

VLB is a pretty good actress for someone so young.

Are they cousins?

image.png.5f8b6cdcb6cda90fb018b85505057b59.pngimage.png.1103fa260624c75e31f27572ac4eb42f.png

• LOL 13
  • Love 6

I liked that the first 10 year old Leia that we met was a decoy. She's a lot like her Mom!🙂 (Different reasons for the decoy, of course.)

Then, when Obi-Wan told Leia that she reminded him of someone and she asks, "A Jedi?" and he responds, "A leader" it definitely hit hard.

So far, this show is hitting all the right beats.

• Love 16
12 hours ago, ybrik said:

This, poor Obi Wan, he was so detached from  the force he completely missed that Leia was using it. Hopefully now that he's using it again he will pick up on it.

I must say only a few positives in either episode. The Reva character is just not working for me, she is too much over the top acting tough. Im guessing we will see a flashback again of her escaping and coming across Anakin killing the younglings and the clones referring to him as Lord Vader, which would be one way she knows who he really is. I seriously doubt Vader told her anything about himself.

As for the GI, Rupert Friend just was not cutting it. He could be dead but have to wait and see. Still it actually doesn't mess with Rebels too much. Given the way the Inquisitors compete with each other and that Vader himself kills them off at times, having a new GI step in makes sense.

Im baffled that Organa was all, "your my only hope Obi Wan", when he has Ahsoka working the operations/intelligence side of the Rebellion and could have gone to her for help.

I'm guessing we will hear or see Qin Gon in the last ep as it's clear Kenobi did not head Yoda's request to seek out his late master. From here on out he gets stronger and is the Kenobi of A New Hope.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Leia's not wrong, it would have been easier with an army.

I wonder if Ben took a bath before traveling off planet.

Man, that tyrannosaurus was even a worse shot than a storm trooper.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Msample said:

I must admit I didn't expect to see Vader so soon. 

The opening scene with the younglings in ep 1 - need to rewatch that - was one of them Reva ?

Yeah, I think the girl who said Run, is Reva. We will probably get a flashback again explaining why she knows Anakin is Vader. I suspect she saw and overheard the clones refer to him as Lord Vader during the attack.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, rtms77 said:

Yeah, I think the girl who said Run, is Reva. We will probably get a flashback again explaining why she knows Anakin is Vader. I suspect she saw and overheard the clones refer to him as Lord Vader during the attack.

Grogu was the only youngling survivor??? 

28 minutes ago, rtms77 said:

This, poor Obi Wan, he was so detached from  the force he completely missed that Leia was using it. Hopefully now that he's using it again he will pick up on it.

Seriously. She jumped off a building with only 12% of a plan, and Obi Wan didn’t immediately think “holy daughter of Anakin, this child needs to be trained at once!”

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, ybrik said:

Obi-Wan has been in the Outer Rim and presumably, doesn't keep up with the news, and wanted to remain as anonymous/nondescript as possible. It wasn't broadcast that Anakin = Vader so it doesn't surprise me that Obi-Wan might not know Anakin survived what happened on Mustafar.

4 hours ago, Msample said:

I am surprised the cousin even knows she's adopted. 

People  (family members, servants) talk.  Easy for people to remark Breha was not pregnant, but voila - here's Leia, so of course she (Leia) was adopted. 

3 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

I mean, it should unless they get stuck on the planet for some reason.  On the other hand, I'd have expected a hothead like Reva to just gut him with her lightsaber rather than letting him live.    Why do that if he's never coming back?

Yeah, quite surprising she left him alive. Seemed to go against what we saw her do earlier (cut off an Outer Rim citizen's hand merely pointing out the Empire has no jurisdiction there, and using the Force to expel someone in her way).

2 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Ten year old Leia is cuter than a bug's ear. Also a world-class brat.

VLB is a pretty good actress for someone so young.

HUGE emphasis on the brat for me.  Episode 2 Leia made me wish the kidnappers/Inquisitors killed her off since using her as bait worked and they no longer had a need for Leia. There's feistiness and courage/moxie...and then there's the way she treated Obi-Wan.  If he was working with the kidnappers, why bother freeing her from captivity in the first place!?  Leia's "insight" into people seems to come and go (how convenient). Example: Obi-Wan was pleading with Leia to trust him and believe that he and Bail were friends from long ago - compared to - being able to read her cousin.

1 hour ago, rtms77 said:

I must say only a few positives in either episode. The Reva character is just not working for me, she is too much over the top acting tough. Im guessing we will see a flashback again of her escaping and coming across Anakin killing the younglings and the clones referring to him as Lord Vader, which would be one way she knows who he really is. I seriously doubt Vader told her anything about himself.

Same. And uh-oh...I couldn't help but feel the actress was portraying Reva as the IRL Earth equivalent of the "angry black woman" trope.  She didn't come across as merely driven or hungry for power. She came across as that ugly stereotype about black women who are ultra aggressive. I sincerely hope later episodes will explain why Reva seemed to feel personal animosity towards Obi-Wan, rather than merely using him (capturing him to give to Vader) as a route to career advancement.

1 hour ago, rtms77 said:

As for the GI, Rupert Friend just was not cutting it. 

Oh, so THAT's the character he played.  And yeah, no tears from me if he is indeed dead. That's the one good thing Reva did!  🙃🤪

• Love 11

After I heard Kumail Nanjiani was cast, I thought it would have been kind of funny if he was a Jedi, but playing a charlatan pretending to be a Jedi to get a few credits is just as good.  Not surprised though that he came around in the end and helped Obi-Wan out.  Kind of surprised that Reva spared him though, because she struck me as someone who would just have offed him, but I guess she just didn't think it was worth the effort once she got the info.  But I wonder if they will find a way to work his character back in somehow.

Well, damn, that might have been a quick exit for the Grand Inquisitor!  Granted, it is Star Wars, so it's not a sure thing that he's gone for good, but he probably was regretting all the shit he said to Reva for those last few moments.  But I guess with him possibly off the board, this will create a void within in the Inquisitors, which could be kind of interesting.

Unlike with the first episode, Leia's outspokenness and loose cannon approach ended up not being a good thing here.  I get a lot was going on and it is wise not to fully trust someone, but when you've got one person who is clearly putting his own life on the line to get you away from your captures, it might be wise to listen to him for the time being.

Ewan McGregor sold the hell out of Obi-Wan's reaction to discovering that Anakin is still alive.

Enjoyed the cameo from Temuera Morrison as a Clone vet begging out on the street.  Man's certainly got some job security for a few years with all these Star War shows and the numerous characters he could possibly play!

First glimpse of Hayden Christensen!  In a Baca tank no less.

• Love 16

Okay overall really enjoyed the episode. Liked seeing Obi-Wan and Leia spending time together. I wasn’t as bothered with how Leia acted. First she apparently isn’t the most gracious person to rescue now or in the future. Also I don’t think she has control of her insight so she may sense that Obi-Wan is lying/hiding something from her but isn’t able to discern that from being able to trust him or not. 

With Reva, I have to wonder if this is just all her or if she is being used by Vader. I know in like the Legends cannon the Emperor wanted Vader to not continue pursuing the Jedi especially Kenobi. I can’t see him just letting things go.                                                                                                                                                                                         

• Love 10
(edited)

Leia: “There’s a wanted poster of you?!? Stay away from me, villain, you’re not to be trusted!”

Leia ten minutes later: “c’mon Ben, you need to learn to trust people, even if you know they scam people for a living.”

Edited by dmeets
  • LOL 11
(edited)

Okay, can we please get an A/U series (book or show) where Leia is trained by Obi-Wan on Tatooine and Luke is the prince on Alderaan?! She had so much potential that got wasted. WASTED! I did love Obi-Wan reminiscing to Leia about Padme though.

If we don’t get one scene of Obi-Wan confronting Anakin/Vader, I will be PISSED.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 9

While it isn’t an AU series, there is a short story with Yoda who feels the force call to him that he will be getting a new trainee. It’s funny because he thinks fondly about how he has watched this child grow up and how much potential they have to be a great Jedi. Then he is disappointed/shocked when he realizes that Obi-Wan has been training Luke and told him to find Yoda. Yoda had been expecting to train Leia. 

Figured that girl who tries to sell Obi-Wan spices had to be someone in real life since it was one of those roles that seemed not really needed but seemed to be focused on too much but then found out she was played by Ewan’s real life daughter. 

In my earlier post bout Obi-Wan not knowing Vader/Anakin was alive. I meant I would have figured he would have known since I would assume Vader would be mentioned in whatever space news is broadcast. I don’t expect Anakin’s name to be brought up but I thought Obi-Wan knew about Anakin being called Darth Vader by the Emperor.

Regarding Reva knowing bout Anakin/Vader, I think we will learn why that is soon.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I have questions. How long has that dead animal been harvested? And what happens when they're done? Move on to the next big dead animal in the desert? First, I thought I was a fish. Which begged the question, how does a dead fish end up in the desert?

And where does Obi-Wan go to the bathroom in his cave? There doesn't seem to be water anywhere. Does the poor camel animal stand around all day until he gets back from work? And it is a carnivore? Why is he allowed to take treats for his pet home from work?

How did he find his lightsaber in the middle of nowhere? Assuming it's been there a few years, the sand must have shifted quite a bit. Magic, aka the Force?

Obi-Wan: He needs to be trained!

Uncle Owen: Like you did his father?

Burn! I like Uncle Owen.

Why is Obi-Wan such a sexist and doesn't even assume that Leia might have force sensitivity? She actually reminded me quite a bit of original Leia. With extra brattiness.

And most importantly, why is Reva so angry? This needs some backstory because right now, she's quite annoying.

• Love 9

Translation of some of the Aurebesh signage on Daiyu:

Sabaac

Gungan snacks

Arcade

Noodles

Swartz BBQ

Jawa’s market

SW milk

Spice

Parts

$ Bank $

• Like 1
  • Useful 7

So when Luke was 10, Inquisitors were openly hunting the last remaining Jedi, but by the time he was 19, Jedi were a long-forgotten myth????? Ugh, the prequels really messed up the lore the original trilogy hinted at.

Force parkour is dope, but it does highlight how clumsy a full length cape is.

Also, I was sad that Obi didn't Force Jump up when he was chasing Leia, but when he caught her with the Force, it seemed like that was the first time in a long time that he used any Force powers.

15 hours ago, rtms77 said:

And with all his concern that Luke would need to be trained some day, why wouldn't he think that Leia would also be Force sensitive? And why didn't he try to look for her via the Force?

6 hours ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

If you want to stay anonymous, maybe you should shave.

This is the same guy who decided to hide on Tatooine with a new first name and his original surname, and he even wore traditional Jedi robes in ANH!!! (Again, the show is constrained by dumb issues in the lore from the prequels and/or original trilogy.)

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, arc said:

And with all his concern that Luke would need to be trained some day, why wouldn't he think that Leia would also be Force sensitive? And why didn't he try to look for her via the Force?

If Obi-Wan (and Yoda) really wanted Leia trained then they should have objected to Bail adopting her.  A high profile senator's daughter and heir would be noticed far more easily if she suddenly started going off for mysterious lessons. 

41 minutes ago, arc said:

If you want to stay anonymous, maybe you should shave.

Or, you know, not strap your lightsaber to your waist.  At least Kanan had the sense to split his into two pieces.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

If Obi-Wan (and Yoda) really wanted Leia trained then they should have objected to Bail adopting her.  A high profile senator's daughter and heir would be noticed far more easily if she suddenly started going off for mysterious lessons.

Honestly, I know we always knock Ben KENOBI’s plan to hide Luke SKYWALKER in the literal resting place of Shmi Skywalker, but the plan to hide Leia in the royal family of one of the core worlds, with a high profile senator father who personally interacted with Emperor Palpetine, and then groom her to become a senator where she’d personally interact with both Palpetine and Vader, was a far dumber plan. They probably decided to rule out training this Young Leia, because she’d probably end up force choking her enemies for sport. 

Speaking of which, Bail Organa must have known of Darth Vader by now. I get they wanted a big ole dramatic reveal, but it just seems like such a stretch that Obi Wan didn’t know yet. 

• Love 12
(edited)
15 hours ago, ybrik said:

Okay overall really enjoyed the episode. Liked seeing Obi-Wan and Leia spending time together. I wasn’t as bothered with how Leia acted. First she apparently isn’t the most gracious person to rescue now or in the future. Also I don’t think she has control of her insight so she may sense that Obi-Wan is lying/hiding something from her but isn’t able to discern that from being able to trust him or not. 

Yeah, let’s not forget how snotty she was to Han and Luke when they first met in ANH. In fairness, their rescue was not the most well-thought out one either. And she did warm up to Obi-Wan when she saw he was telling the truth, and she was the one that encouraged him to accept Haja’s help because they didn’t have any other options. So she may be a brat, but she’s still Leia, there’s plenty time to grow.

LOL that she tried to undermine Obi-Wan when she wanted that fancier outfit instead of the plainer one. Double LOL that he caved on the gloves.

Ewan is doing amazing with this broken, crustier and jaded version of Obi-Wan. Kind of reminds me of Old Man Luke. Regarding why he wasn’t aware of Anakin until now, keep in mind that he’s purposely living off the grid with his head buried in the sand (no pun intended). Up until now, he’s adapted the mindset of accepting defeat and not getting involved. He didn’t know about the Empire’s going-ons because he didn’t want to know. So I can buy it.

Edit to add: The girl selling “spice” that said “I was someone’s daughter too” is Ewan’s RL daughter!

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, arc said:

Obi-Wan using the Force would be like firing up the Bat Signal - over here!!!  As long as Leia doesn't know who she is, she is presumably safe.  The Emperor has been hunting Jedi for a decade.  Though the Organas are a prominent family and they have (crappy) guards, there is no one who can use the Force protecting Leia; the best plan is to not draw any attention to her.   Anakin doesn't know he fathered a daughter until he senses it from Luke, a decade or so from now.  He doesn't even realize it when he tortures her.   My guess is that this adventure will further cement Obi-Wan's determination to keep her separate.  If she is already showing an innate ability to read people (which was what I took it as, rather than her using the Force to sense things.  she also probably eavesdrops on the gossip) than it's even more important that she be raised as "just" a Senator's daughter.   I guess we have to ignore that pesky "that boy is our only hope" "no, there is another" exchange between Force-ghost Obi-Wan and Yoda 😉  unless Obi-Wan was thinking it was because she hadn't been trained. 

This is the same guy who decided to hide on Tatooine with a new first name and his original surname, and he even wore traditional Jedi robes in ANH!!! (Again, the show is constrained by dumb issues in the lore from the prequels and/or original trilogy.)

In this show, so far he has only called himself "Ben".  I don't recall if he called himself "Ben Kenobi" in Star Wars.   Luke does ask him, but he would admit it to Luke.  As far as the Skywalker surname,  my handwave is that Owen and Beru didn't use that name and Luke started using it himself at some point as a young adult, to further show how pissed off he was at farming. 

Thinking more on the name thing, my non-spoiled guess is that this show will end with Vader believing Obi-Wan to be dead.   After a certain point in time, the name wouldn't matter so much and anyone on Tatooine would not believe the "crazy hermit" to really be that old Jedi, especially since he isn't using the Force.  I'm sure Owen would further perpetuate this belief. 

Yes, I'm thinking too much about this.  I'll untwist myself from this thought pretzel now.

2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Ewan is doing amazing with this broken, crustier and jaded version of Obi-Wan. Kind of reminds me of Old Man Luke. Regarding why he wasn’t aware of Anakin until now, keep in mind that he’s purposely living off the grid with his head buried in the sand.

I agree!  I loved cranky Luke.  Sad Obi-Wan makes me sad, though.  If anyone has watched the Clone Wars (I won't discuss here) he has been through some other stuff.   Obi-Wan is also purposely not using the Force, so maybe he is rusty??  Hence it seemed a struggle for him to snatch Leia from the air.

Anyway, I'm really liking it.   I was a bit disappointed Reva offed the Grand Inquisitor, who was hamming it up in an entertaining manner.  I don't mind her ambition though.  Her plans have worked (except for capturing Obi-Wan, heh) and she wants to be in favor with Vader.  She is correct that bringing him Kenobi would do it.

I also liked Faux-Jedi dude even though I knew he was going to pull a Han Solo.  He helps people, he just wants to get paid!  It's a tough galaxy out there.

• Love 8
(edited)

Great second episode! The Obi-Wan and Leia pairing was a great deal of fun. It seems the Disney shows have a formula. Bring along precocious kid. The Mandalorian, The Bad Batch and now Obi-Wan Kenobi have all done this. It's definitely worked. Maybe that's what The Book of Boba Fett needed...

Leia is a smart kid bit proved she has a lot to learn. Maybe that was the point of showing that. I DESPISE retcons but Obi-Wan amd Leia knowing etch other is one I can get behind.

Didn't expect that with the Grand Inquisiter. I assume he's still alive but it's hard to imagine him surviving that. Hopefully he'll return as Rupert Friend has been great in the role, more interesting than the Reva character who seems mostly one-note.

That being said, I find it intriguing that Vader entrusted Reva with his true identity. I'm sure he's just using her but why her? I know the speculation is that Teva is one of those younglings we saw in the first episode but if what the GI said is true, she was a street kid who came from nothing. Maybe that's what Vader saw in her. An angry kid from the streets who came from nothing and chafed under authority figures. Reminded Vader of when he was Anakin and felt he knew how to work her. Obi-Wan also mentions that most of the Inquisitors were Jedi and if Reva never was one, that might enhance his trust in her.

To bring up a point mentioned elsewhere, if Reva can rip information from someone's mind, why didn't she try to do this with Owen in the first episode? For that matter, why does Vader waste his time with a probe droid in ANH when he could just rip the information out of Leia's mind? This is a (dark side) power that NEVER should have been created in the sequel trilogy. It's another JJ Abrams cheat code to get from Point A to Point B as quickly as possible. 

Fair point that Bail is working with Ahsoka during this time but that information comes from one of the new canon books and the shows have already seemed prone to ignore that stuff at times. If not, Ahsoka definitely would have given her all to try and rescue Leia but Obi-Wan also knows something that she does not. That Leia is Anakin's daughter, giving him more of a personal insight into this mission.

Kumari was a lot of fun and nice seeing Temuera Morrison pop up as a Clone Wars vet.

On the subject of hiding Leia in such a prominent royal house, it can be easily assumed that Leia could have been explained as an orphan from The Clone Wars which is sort of true from a certain point of view. Though it's hard to believe that Palpatine, who knew Padme so well would never have been able to put two-and-two together. Though I guess there is delicious irony that the ultimate plotter and game master couldn't figure this one out. 

Can't wait for the next episode. 

Edited by benteen
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, supposebly said:

And where does Obi-Wan go to the bathroom in his cave?

“Boys and girls, the reason the story does not tell us how Obi-Wan Kenobi went to the bathroom is that it is not an important part of the story.”

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, benteen said:

Didn't expect that with the Grand Inquisiter. I assume he's still alive but it's hard to imagine him surviving that. Hopefully he'll return as Rupert Friend has been great in the role, more interesting than the Reva character who seems mostly one-note.

I have to agree. I enjoyed the Grand Inquisitor as a villain much more than Reva, who suffered from both poor dialogue and an actor who didn't have the skill to give her line readings any nuance or color. There was plenty of potential there, but I felt it was wasted.

• Love 7

Unfortunately, this seems to be an unpopular opinion, and I may be biased because I came into this already as a big fan of her Emmy-nominated performance in The Queen's Gambit a couple of years back, but I think Moses Ingram's portrayal of Reva is one of the best things about the show so far.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Unfortunately, this seems to be an unpopular opinion, and I may be biased because I came into this already as a big fan of her Emmy-nominated performance in The Queen's Gambit a couple of years back, but I think Moses Ingram's portrayal of Reva is one of the best things about the show so far.

Nothing unfortunate about it -- plenty of room for all the opinions! I loved Queen's Gambit and Moses nailed her role. But here I think she is hampered by not great dialogue and perhaps too simple a view of what makes a good screen villain, especially in a world like this one. Not every actor has a feel for every role, but she's pretty young yet, and I am sure her range will expand with experience.

I like Moses as an actress but feel as if they have created a live action-form Dick Dastardly, and I expect her to grow a mustache simply to twirl it before the season ends. Basically, she is a bit overkill.

• Love 8

I feel it's mostly that we don't know why she's so angry all the time. If it's really just ambition, her acting feels on-note and overblown. If there is a reason for her constant anger that I can buy in, then it will be fine. I liked her in Queen's Gambit a lot. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, supposebly said:

I feel it's mostly that we don't know why she's so angry all the time. If it's really just ambition, her acting feels on-note and overblown. If there is a reason for her constant anger that I can buy in, then it will be fine. I liked her in Queen's Gambit a lot. 

I'm pretty sure she was one of the younglings we saw at the beginning and I'm assuming she feels abandoned by the Jedi and by Obi-Wan in particular. Anger is fine, but there are more interesting ways to show it, I feel.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, MJ Frog said:

Anger is fine, but there are more interesting ways to show it, I feel.

Absolutely.

I also think we never really got to see the impact this all had on her life. Assuming she was one of those younglings (is it just me who finds that word weird?). So, I'm reserving judgment until I get to see that. Maybe then I can get on board with all this single-minded anger. Until then, I have this annoyance every time I see her strut onto the screen.

So, I'm hoping there is a bit more to her story.

• Love 6

I think Reva is just young and ambitious.  She wants to make her mark by capturing Obi-Wan and the older Inquisitors are holding her back with their more conservative methods.    The Dark Side encourages anger.   I'm sure she was probably one of those children from the beginning and whatever happened after Order 66, she decided the Jedi couldn't protect her; which they couldn't.  Maybe the show is drawing a parallel between her and 20 year old Luke, who was also impatient, though whiny, at the old folks holding him back.

I had to laugh because Obi-Wan was standing right there when she was making threats in the square.   She mocks the other Inquisitor for looking in the wrong places, lol.   The Empire probably never realizes that Obi-Wan was on Tatooine.

I hope we see more of Owen. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Egg McMuffin said:

“Boys and girls, the reason the story does not tell us how Obi-Wan Kenobi went to the bathroom is that it is not an important part of the story.”

Like all manly men, he uses the outside sandbox.  

• LOL 7
On 5/27/2022 at 11:33 AM, Msample said:

I am surprised the cousin even knows she's adopted. 

Well, if you follow the Star Wars novels, it was common knowledge to the planet that her body had been damaged in an accident on her Day of Demand ceremony to become queen, resulting in a robotic heart and lungs, which meant her body literally could not handle the stress of having children. So yeah, everyone knew Leia was adopted.

• Useful 4