Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Hazel vs. Hazel

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, monkeypox said:

Does anyone think there's any chance that Jasper will be revealed to be the father of Hazel's baby?

I wondered about that too. I would love that. It would give Hazel new purpose in life and it would kill Byron's crazy ass.

• Love 3

Given how much Fake Byron and Fake Hazel were having sex and the fact that Fiffani said Hazel was very early in her pregnancy, I am guessing it is Byron's baby. I almost wonder if that will infuriate him even more, being unable to control his child's upbringing. 

• Love 2

I don't understand how the downloaded consciousnesses of Hazel and Byron could be so different personalities than their "real" selves.  Was that explained?

I liked Season 1 better than Season 2, but I'll be along for the ride if/when Season 3 comes along. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't understand how the downloaded consciousnesses of Hazel and Byron could be so different personalities than their "real" selves.  Was that explained?

Hazel mentioned that the digital version of her didn't live through what she lived through. So I think we're supposed to believe that the uploads know of their own pasts almost like watching a film or reading about them instead of actually experiencing them, so they don't have any of the same trauma.  Some of the character traits were the same, though. Hazel both in real life and upload was a schemer. And Byron both in real life and upload wanted to escape the real world and live digitally.

Some loose ends that I'd like to know about:

Why was Byron's brother so shady? Why would he know about the lip balm? 

What about Byron's first wife, Alice? Does Hazel know about her now that she can talk to Download Byron?

Why does Diane look like a real woman in the hub?

Does Bennett know that Hazel came back but not Byron? Is he on board? If not, is he in the pasture? 

Why does the pasture cube still exist? Does Hazel know about it? If so, is she just as evil as Byron now?

Loose ends that I don't care about:

Jasper and Zelda the Dolphin love

Unsatisfying plot point:

Judiff. She was never able to act on her information in any meaningful way.

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

Why does Diane look like a real woman in the hub?

I missed this. When did they show Diane as a real woman in the hub?

Does Bennett know that Hazel came back but not Byron? Is he on board? If not, is he in the pasture?

Isn't Byron just trapped inside his body?

I also want to know more about the brother and ex-wife. I'm annoyed they introduced two huge plot points and then didn't really follow up on them. I really hope there's a third season.

• Love 1
On 5/28/2022 at 7:56 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I missed this. When did they show Diane as a real woman in the hub?

There was a scene where Bennet is in the hub, sees Hazel's face in a mirror and jumps. He turns around a woman, who looks just like the doll, says something like "What's the matter?" and Bennett tries to play it off and leaves.

Well given the cancellation, how well does this season 2 finale work as a series finale?

Not sure it does, as noted there are some loose ends and Hazel leaning into being the new Byron?

FBI doesn't need to find the Hub.  Gogol the company has to have real physical assets so Byron can hide out in the Hub but prosecutors can seize Gogol assets, which would presumably make it difficult to continue running the Hub.

• Love 1