Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: The Psychic

• Start Topic

I always enjoy an appearance from Arlene or Joan-Margaret, so it was nice to get both.

I love Grace's reaction to finding out the psychic's day job is as a judge.  "Of the law?"  Amen, sister.

Jessica is a freakin' moron with this soulmate crap, and Nick needs to hurry up and go to prison already, but I'm glad he was there to talk some sense into them, I guess, because I'd like everyone to be happy as we leave them and Coyote does seem very happy with Jessica.

Bud describing his brand was on point, and I like him finally starting to shake off some of his crippling sense of obligation. 

• Love 3

I honestly can't remember where Coyote even met this woman or when they started dating. His story and Bud's always take such a backseat, neither were even in the last two episodes.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I honestly can't remember where Coyote even met this woman or when they started dating.

It was last season.  She had dated Bud in college, the one he thought he'd lost his virginity to, but it turned out he'd fucked the couch.  After Bud got back in touch with her, she and Coyote wound up hanging out together a couple of times, and things progressed from there.  I don't remember details.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, PWHCHCH said:

Honestly couldn’t remember who the hell Arlene was until she appeared on screen. 

As someone of an age in which my memory glitches are inevitable for a variety of reasons, I felt entitled to "liking" your post with an LOL icon. 
However, I am well aware that "The Third Floor" is no joke.

I finally got my first true LOL of this season (at least as far as I can remember😉) with the switcheroo of the foreskin with the engagement ring. 
Somehow I didn't see that Chekhovian ring box coming at us until Bud was down on one knee. 

2 hours ago, Bastet said:

Jessica is a freakin' moron with this soulmate crap

Yes, but unless people are getting married for practical reasons, the romantic aspects are really all soulmate-type BS.  
Having Coyote write a song to "Annie" instead of Jessica (even with his poor excuses of rhyming and Allman Bros.) kind of hung a lantern on the BS of all of it. 
That said, they seem to be likely to have fewer arguments than most couples. I wish them well.

Peter Gallagher was terrific in this episode. 

• Love 3

Everyone looked noticeably older in this episode, especially Nick.  Maybe I just noticed it or they were intentionally making him look like crap because of his breakup.  Nick's one of those guys that has a good heart and can charm the pants off people but he has another side that's insufferable.

As hopelessly romantic as I am I never thought of my husband as my "one true soulmate".  I know you can feel that more than one person is your soulmate.  My best female friend is one.  We are just in sync in so many ways.  We read each other's minds and stuff like that.  So soulmates, yeah, but one true soulmate that you're destined to be with, yeah, just no.  

• Love 3
On 5/8/2022 at 12:49 PM, Yeah No said:

Everyone looked noticeably older in this episode, especially Nick.  Maybe I just noticed it or they were intentionally making him look like crap because of his breakup.  Nick's one of those guys that has a good heart and can charm the pants off people but he has another side that's insufferable.

I was thinking they did a really good job of making Nick look rough, reflecting his emotional state. He always looks so perfectly handsome / put together, no wonder Jessica was pitying him. At least he pulled his head out of his rear and helped, in the end. 

On 5/23/2022 at 7:04 PM, Turtle Wexler said:

Does anyone know what deck of tarot cards Elsbeth left out?

I was curious about that really gorgeous Death card—the red-cloaked figure with the white rose. Apparently it’s the Robin Wood deck.

• Love 1