Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Fade In

• Start Topic

Pressure mounts for the scripts' delivery after Ruddy is forced to sit down with Joe Colombo and Evans finds himself navigating hot waters with Gulf & Western’s CEO Charlie Bluhdorn. Meanwhile, Bluhdorn takes an interest in Bettye.

Premiere dropping Thursday, April 28, 2022.

• Love 1

I can't believe no one is commenting. I'm really enjoying this. But then, I really enjoy tales of Hollywood set during this era.  Also, the Godfather is one of my favorite movie. I remember reading that they wanted Love Story to have a happy ending.  My aunt and uncle went to see it Christmas day while the rest of us were at a family get together. They both came home crying.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

The Godfather is one of my favorites, too, so having a dramatization of the behind-the-scenes stuff has been rewarding. What's funny to me is that I've read a lot of books on The Godfather, and a lot on Old Hollywood, but somehow I managed to learn next to nothing on Robert Evans. Now I need to read "The Kid Stays In The Picture".

• Love 3
On 6/3/2022 at 10:08 AM, Epeolatrix said:

The Godfather is one of my favorites, too, so having a dramatization of the behind-the-scenes stuff has been rewarding. What's funny to me is that I've read a lot of books on The Godfather, and a lot on Old Hollywood, but somehow I managed to learn next to nothing on Robert Evans. Now I need to read "The Kid Stays In The Picture".

Matthew Goode is killing it as Robert Evans.  Evans was quite a character. A recent Trashy Divorces podcast gives a good and entertaining summary of Evans’ life. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

Matthew Goode deserves an Emmy for this. He’s elevating the whole series.

I can't believe people are sleeping on this one. It’s the best thing on Tv right now - far more entertaining than that droning, macabre Staircase that’s dominating the press right now.

Worth nothing that it takes something special for me to tolerate Miles Teller. This is the only vehicle in which I’ve found him remotely likeable.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 6/16/2022 at 11:02 AM, thesupremediva1 said:

Matthew Goode deserves an Emmy for this. He’s elevating the whole series.

I can't believe people are sleeping on this one. It’s the best thing on Tv right now - far more entertaining than that droning, macabre Staircase that’s dominating the press right now.

Worth nothing that it takes something special for me to tolerate Miles Teller. This is the only vehicle in which I’ve found him remotely likeable.

I agree about Miles Teller. I don't remember liking him in anything (including Top Gun Maverick), something about him is just not appealing to me but I really like him in this. 

• Love 1

I just recently discovered this and am also enjoying it immensely. I love Hollywood insider movies (having actually worked production) and anything period I love just in terms of enjoying costumes and sets. 

I don't understand the mediocre reviews - There is a Netflix series called Hollywood which also was immense fun although that one was more of a fantasy as it rewrote a Hollywood history in which gays and black people were able to flourish.

The Godfather was and is one of the great American films and although I knew the vague outlines of the way it came into being, it was still amazing to realize that it was this magic confluence of people and events that managed to elevate it beyond a genre gangster movie into a masterpiece that had much to say about American myths and power.

That era of movie production is fascinating from both a legal and business point of view as American films were maturing - the peek into the genesis of Chinatown which is another iconic masterpiece was great.

• Love 1