Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Hallo, Spaceboy

• Start Topic

An alien (Chiwetel Ejiofor) on a mission crashes in the oil fields of New Mexico with only eight hours to find the one woman on Earth (Naomie Harris) who can save his species. Together they discover that in order to save his world, they must first save ours.    

Original Airdate: April 24, 2022
1040800_0_0_01h_1280x640.jpg
MV5BMzRjZGZhYTItNjRhMi00ZTEzLWIyODktMWE1
1040800_1_3511511_08_800x600.jpg

20 hours ago, HollyG said:

I'm in. It hooked me right away. 

Same. I admit I was nervous at yet aother "Remake" or "Reimagining"  but this was really well done. Chiwetel Ejiofor has so much gravitas. His adapting to his human form reminded me a little of Alan Tudyk in "Resident Alien." And Bill Nighy was a good update on David Bowie. He would still be around in 2022 as the Antheans age slowly relative to us humans. Very intriqueing flashback to his homeworld were they were trying to make it rain (?)

Most of humanity sucks, but we already knew that.

Edited by marinw
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, marinw said:

Same. I admit I was nervous at yet aother "Remake" or "Reimagining"  but this was really well done. Chiwetel Ejiofor has so much gravitas. His adapting to his human form reminded me a little of Alan Tudyk in "Resident Alien." And Bill Nighy was a good update on David Bowie.

Chiwetel's alien reminded me of Alan Tudyk also. Both are such good actors. I kept thinking I that Naomie Harris looked really familiar. She played Calypso in the Pirates/Caribbean movies with Bill Nighy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The show is a real-time continuation of what happened in the 1976 movie so it might be nice to be familiar with what happened there to give you the context for what is happening. Unfortunately, although the movie is on Prime Video, you will have to pay to see/rent it.

• Love 1

looks like Farady goes full Elon Musk in the Fast Forwards. Like Newton, he will be seduced by money and Earth decadence and use his alien technology to get more of those things.

On 4/29/2022 at 7:52 AM, AnimeMania said:

I don't know why Faraday demanded all of that money if he wasn't going to take better care of it.

I wondered this as well...

On 4/28/2022 at 8:49 PM, Starchild said:

I was mesmerized from the start. This is going to be a ride.

I agree, but quoted you for the word "mesmerized," because it's a word I used in 2002, when I took watched Dirty Pretty Things and saw an actor I'd never seen: Chiwetel Ejiofor. I was mesmerized, and for over a decade, when someone asked on social media or elsewhere, who's your favorite actor, I'd name him. Not to be pretentious or different but because I thought he needed to be a star NOW. I think he's incredible (I have a framed picture of him in my living room, but it's kind of a joke gift. One Christmas, I found my husband's list of stocking stuffers for me and added "a million dollars" and "Chiwetel Ejiofor" then forgot about it until my stocking contained a lottery ticket and that picture. Now he's stuck with it). 

The casting is incredible. Not just Ejiofor, though he is perfect. The things he has to do could sometimes come off as slapstick or too jokey, but he's got the gravitas to just sell it. Really captivated by this. 

• Love 3