Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E18: Change The Game

• Start Topic

Airing April 14, 2022:

As the task force makes a critical arrest in the case against the Brotherhood, the Marcy organization ups the ante with a dangerous shipment of illegal weapons. Stabler looks for ways to gain Webb's favor while staying loyal to Donnelly.

• Useful 1

I like Donnelly as a villain but I hate Preston Webb and his smugness.

After what Elliot has done (retrieves Cassandra’s missing art piece), the Webbs should be trusting him more than Donnelly. But at the same time, the cops showed up under his watch, so Donnelly and Preston should be suspicious of him. And where’s Nova during this missing crate fiasco? Isn’t she supposed to be Preston’s number two? Why Preston isn’t suspicious at all when his number two is MIA?

About those film reels, Jet should not be doing Elliot any favour because it’s not her job especially in the middle of an active case. Elliot should have instructed his spoiled son to go and get those reels digitalised if he really wants to see his grandpa.

I guess it’s now official that part of Elliot’s UC job description is to be seduced by mob bosses’ wives. How cliché… 🙄

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, preeya said:

There is no way in hell that Jet digitized those reels of film in that short amount of time.

Ha!  I thought the same thing but of course in TV/movies we the viewers aren't supposed to notice or question such things.

5 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I guess it’s now official that part of Elliot’s UC job description is to be seduced by mob bosses’ wives. How cliché… 🙄

Yes, I thought, please no, let's not go down that rabbit hole.

And where was Nova and how come Donnelly is no where to be found doing some important job when he's already expressed to Elliot that he's the number two guy and shouldn't be stepping on his toes?  Webb should indeed be questioning all of this.  Why Donnelly hasn't questioned the arrest of one of his brotherhood members and the bust of guns when Elliot was the closest in proximity to both events makes no sense either but I guess you wouldn't have a storyline.

• Love 7

I really hope that Elliot resist the urge to get too close to Webbs's wife, considering how well that went last time. 

Donnelly is a solid villain, Denis Leary is doing a good job at taking his "affable morally grey working man" character type and making it feel a lot more threatening. My main worry about this arc is that they might be stretched a little too thin with Donnelly and his crew, Webb and his double life, there is a ton of things happening and I worry that it all might end up collapsing. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Donnelly is a solid villain, Denis Leary is doing a good job at taking his "affable morally grey working man" character type and making it feel a lot more threatening

Does anyone else think Donnelly is what Tommy Gavin would have been if he had chosen police work over fighting fires?  I also think Denis Leary is doing a great job in the role.  He plays these types of roles so well.  Charming guy who is capable of doing some really bad stuff.  And him and Christopher Meloni have incredible chemistry.  They play off each other so well.  

• Love 8
8 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Does anyone else think Donnelly is what Tommy Gavin would have been if he had chosen police work over fighting fires?  I also think Denis Leary is doing a great job in the role.  He plays these types of roles so well.  Charming guy who is capable of doing some really bad stuff.  And him and Christopher Meloni have incredible chemistry.  They play off each other so well.  

I could definitely see that. As someone who is a Rescue Me (and Denis Leary) fan. He and Meloni do have good chemistry--plus it feels like a blue-eyes showdown, like who has the most intense blue eyes? I sort of wish this arc was longer--I assume it's over at the end of the season? I'd prefer to have seen a bunch of Donnelly over a bunch of Wheatley....

• Love 3

I am really enjoying Denis Leary's gig here on the OC as blue-eyed bad boy cop.  I will miss him when he's gone.  I wonder what his reaction is going to be if and when he finds out Stabler has been UC, especially after this episode's bonding moments with the new baby and all.

• Love 4