Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: The Muffin or the Hammer

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

With her life on the line, Jenny makes a violent decision that puts a Bhullar target on her back; but as she closes in on the family, Veer questions his children’s ability to lead and makes a major personnel decision that will change everything. Meanwhile, a grieving father tears up the town over his son’s death; and Cassie returns, ready for a fresh start, considering just how Lindor might factor into it.   

Original Airdate: THURSDAY, April 7, 2022   (10:01-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC.
162513_5302-900x0.jpg
162513_5132.jpg162219_3779-900x0.jpg
Next New Episode: May 5

• Useful 1

Not surprised that not only did Jenny get herself out of what should have been a near impossible situation to get out of, but she would even take out Dhruv/Jag's bodyguard in the process.  It's good being (one) of the lead characters!  Of course, it was equally unsurprising that the Bhullars would be able to get rid of any of the evidence of the drug lab before they got there with the warrant, but at least Jenny was able to stop a situation and flip that driver into being an informant.  Of course, with this show, I suspect it means he won't be lasting for much longer.

I feel like this was the most they've used the Denise character since the beginning.  It's like they decided that Dedee Pfeiffer should actually get to work for her paycheck a little bit!  Of course, Denise (and Lindor) really didn't come off looking intelligent with how they just let Richard/Dallas Roberts go, when it was clear he had something else in mind besides just returning home.

Alicia possibly playing mind games by telling Veer that she had a "premonition" that he will die at Jag's hands.  It will probably end up being true on some level but either a) Jag will unwittingly be responsible for his dad's death or b) she got her wires crossed and it will be the other child/Ren that puts him down.

The love triangle heats up for a bit and currently ends with Lindor deciding he wants to try something with Cassie, but we'll see how it goes.  I'm not invested either way, but I feel like he and Jerrie have a more natural chemistry and rapport.

I can at least say that I didn't predict that Veer might be the on tainting the drugs.  If true, I wonder why?  Does he want to ruin Ren and Jag for some reason?  Or does he have another goal in mind?

Actually enjoyed the Jenny/Cassie scene and it highlights some of my frustrations.  Katheryn Winnick and Kylie Bunbury work well together and I think there is potential to make Jenny and Cassie a pretty solid crime solving duo, but they keep being squandered by finding ways to keep them apart or saddling them with some ridiculous storylines.

Noticed Ryan O'Nan a.k.a. good old Donno actually co-wrote this episode.  I wonder what particular scenes, dialogue, or story ideas he brought to the table here?

• Love 4

I cannot stress enough how much I DO NOT care about Ren and her Merry Band of Psychotic Sadistic Cronies. I wish they’d get off my TV. Jamie Lynn’s character is really annoying and I’ve seen every episode since the pilot and I can’t recall how she went from small town waitress to Psychotic Sadistic Cronie. Abuse and brainwashing, I guess?

• Love 4

I’m glad Lindor opted for Cassie because I don’t know how old these characters are but I suspect there’s a pretty large age gap between Jerrie and Lindor and that makes me uncomfortable, even when both parties are consenting adults. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, in the last scene of the previous episode, didn't Jenny just park her truck in the Bhullar driveway after a pretense of driving away, and then creep down into the basement?  If so, why didn't any of the upstairs crew notice a truck in their driveway?  And how did she manage to retrieve it at some point? And why, with all the crashing about and screaming in the basement, did no one upstairs notice?  And how did she get out if they were coming down the entrance?  Questions, questions.  

I can see it now in the courthouse:

Sheriff:  "We need a search warrant for the ranchhouse to seize any illegal drugs on the compound."

Judge: "What is your basis for requesting this warrant?"

Sheriff:  "Well, you see, my deputy, um, sneaked into the basement after being run off the property, and uh, saw a ton of drug materials, got in a fight and killed the lab manager, and then got away.  But she's a hottie and my other deputies couldn't organize a two car parade, and she browbeat me into making this request."

Judge:  "Well, okay, I guess that's good enough.  I mean, what kind of attorney would actually ask how you obtained your information?"

I hope Tonya didn't get the recipe for that muffin from her previous employer.

I predict that Donno will corner Jennie and be on the verge of killing her when Cassie, at a distance (no more than 60'6", of course), picks up a fist sized rock and beans him, putting him on the ground.  (Call out to her previous role in Pitch.)  :)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

With her life on the line, Jenny makes a violent decision that puts a Bhullar target on her back; but as she closes in on the family, Veer questions his children’s ability to lead and makes a major personnel decision that will change everything. Meanwhile, a grieving father tears up the town over his son’s death; and Cassie returns, ready for a fresh start, considering just how Lindor might factor into it.   

Original Airdate: THURSDAY, April 7, 2022   (10:01-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC.
162513_5302-900x0.jpg
162513_5132.jpg162219_3779-900x0.jpg
Next New Episode: May 5

Why is there a month between episodes??

17 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Of course, Denise (and Lindor) really didn't come off looking intelligent with how they just let Richard/Dallas Roberts go, when it was clear he had something else in mind besides just returning home.

What else could they have done about it? They didn’t have any right to hold him.

• Love 1
On 4/7/2022 at 11:18 PM, thuganomics85 said:

The love triangle heats up for a bit and currently ends with Lindor deciding he wants to try something with Cassie, but we'll see how it goes.  I'm not invested either way, but I feel like he and Jerrie have a more natural chemistry and rapport.

Probably the number one sign that Kelley has no real say in this show anymore, as he would 100% go with the more interesting relationship with Lindor and Jerrie, even if it meant sidelining his lead character. I think I probably prefer letting the main character get the love interest with another cast member (because then you'd have to introduce ANOTHER cast member for the lead to date, since the lead is obviously not going to NOT have a love interest), but it's a good deal less interesting than Lindor/Jerrie. 

• Love 3

Here at Primetimer, we strive to follow GLAAD guidelines for speech as it relates to the LGBTQIA+ population. Comments that violate this policy are removed and the poster subject to moderation measures. This link contains some resources when determining what language is acceptable. 

Please report posts that you come across that are violations of this policy.

Of course Jenny manages to get away from the cartel lackey without even a problem, being a main character is the gift that keeps on giving. I did like this episode though, there was a lot of weird, the kind of weird that I respect. Not too much, but enough that the show feels like its picking up a bit. 

I like Ren and Jag working together and the unpredictable nature of Alicia, and I am interested in who's cutting the drugs. Why? Is it an attempted take over of the business? Revenge for something? 

I wish we saw more of Jenny and Cassie working together. They have nice chemistry but they always seem to find new ways to keep them in separate, usually stupid, subplots. 

• Love 3

I liked this episode, as it gave Jerrie something more to do with the story than just the father-daughter talk they had previously.  (I'm just glad that Jerrie's back and I love Jeff Kober the actor too, but extra points for more stuff in this epi.)  Denise finally got out from behind her desk and had more to do in this outing as well.  I'm not surprised Lindor went for Cassie, but I feel even though he and Jerrie could have something, that there's someone else better for Jerrie out there who will love her all the way, not looking back to someone as with Lindor and Cassie.  I liike Jerrie's gentle grace about the whole decision Lindor has to make.

Ren and Gang are interesting but I can't root for them outright because of their propensity for torture and violence, nevermind the drugs aspect.  Best lines were when Ren referred to Jenny as the Barbie Doll cop and Annie Oakley.  😃

I predict that Travis, who is playing both sides, is going to be the cause of Jenny being saved from Donno, and it turns out he is the "good guy" after all.  Because the show won't let Jenny go without a boyfriend when Cassie gets one. 

• Love 3