Type keyword(s) to search

S02:E06 Kiss and Release

• Start Topic

Hawaii, 1984: When Dewey gets in trouble at school, Ata enlists the help of Andre the Giant to set him straight. Lia, on trial for extortion, attempts to curry favor with the jury.

Original Air Date: April 19, 2022

I'm not sure if I'm scared or impressed that both Randall and Dwayne will end up in separate Lars van Trier films at some point in their acting careers!

Glad to get another episode with the Youngest Dewey and Andre.  I really like that pairing and Matthew Willig really shines as Andre.  He makes him both larger than life (heh) but also very human as well.  The overall advice here was typical, but it was fun seeing Dewey dealing with his first young crush.

As over-the-top and unrealistic as Lia's trial was, it probably was still more believable than all the ones in the Arrowverse...

They usually do a good job with the actors playing the wrestler, but I couldn't buy this version of Ric Flair here.  Too be fair, Flair is just so iconic and charismatic (at least to me) that it might have been a losing battle no matter what.

Still not taking the election stuff too seriously, but I'm glad they at least saying that Dwayne is still in the lead, but that he is losing ground in key states, which I do think is slightly more believable.  And now we have to see if there will be any fallout over his V.P. candidate beating the crap out of governor she use to feud with.  Hope we see Rosario Dawson again!

• Love 4

I love little Dewey and Andre, the actor really does a great job at playing such a unique, iconic person. His advice about being big and his advice about love were actually both quite good, even if Andre's main experience with love is a flight attendant he met on one flight. There is always such warmth between them.

Little kid Dewey is my favorite timeline, little Dewey is so cute and I love seeing all of the classic wresters getting into hijinks. Plus it has a lot of Lia, who's the best. Her shameless mango bribery was the most I have laughed so far this season. 

"Yes, we all see the parallel Randall."

• Love 6
On 4/21/2022 at 5:12 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Still not taking the election stuff too seriously, but I'm glad they at least saying that Dwayne is still in the lead, but that he is losing ground in key states, which I do think is slightly more believable. 

I think it's a tendency in real elections that as you approach election day, the polls get tighter.  So definitely believable.  I hope there is some sort of closure with the Sean Astin character though, beyond "oh well Rock won the presidency, guess I lose again."  If Rock does become president, they could still keep him around as a thorn in his side, I guess.  But I don't find the character that compelling.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, rmontro said:

I think it's a tendency in real elections that as you approach election day, the polls get tighter.  So definitely believable.  I hope there is some sort of closure with the Sean Astin character though, beyond "oh well Rock won the presidency, guess I lose again."  If Rock does become president, they could still keep him around as a thorn in his side, I guess.  But I don't find the character that compelling.

Maybe some of The Rock's classmates will go on record to say that the Sean Astin character was a total A-hole when they were growing up.

The Rock is single, right? That would be something new for a President.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Maybe some of The Rock's classmates will go on record to say that the Sean Astin character was a total A-hole when they were growing up.

The Rock is single, right? That would be something new for a President.

Johnson remarried about 10 years after divorcing Dany Garcia. I can't remember any sign of a potential First Lady on the show. His real life mother did appear once as herself.

Being an elementary school beef I don't know how far you can take the joke. Especially as Rocky and family moved around the world onto other wrestling promotions. But then again in real life we have gone to prep school actions back when the society was hostile to the LGBTQ+ and the Swift Boat veterans when the US was fighting itself over the Vietnam War.

• Love 1
On 4/21/2022 at 5:12 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Glad to get another episode with the Youngest Dewey and Andre.  I really like that pairing and Matthew Willig really shines as Andre.  He makes him both larger than life (heh) but also very human as well.  The overall advice here was typical, but it was fun seeing Dewey dealing with his first young crush.

I would totally watch a Young Rock spin off about Andre the Giant. Plus I loved how a few episodes ago when Dwayne was playing football in Calgary he told the story about going fishing with Andre and now we are seeing it.

I also loved The Iron Sheik at the airport and how his sign said "Two Big Jabronis". 

• Love 2