Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Not Here to Play, Here to Win

• Start Topic

Paulina doesn't have much padding. It surprises me that Jodie has all those tattoos. She must really want to earn money for her charity since she is appearing on Celebrity Name That Tune and Celebrity Worst Cooks in America. Lauren has been incredibly impressive. I've become a fan. I'd like to think Ray told his kids he was doing this and they were OK with it.

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Paulina doesn't have much padding. It surprises me that Jodie has all those tattoos. She must really want to earn money for her charity since she is appearing on Celebrity Name That Tune and Celebrity Worst Cooks in America. Lauren has been incredibly impressive. I've become a fan. I'd like to think Ray told his kids he was doing this and they were OK with it.

Or maybe she's looking for work and trying to keep her face out there?

• Love 1

Another decent episode.  I feel for Jodie, especially because you can see it on her face that losing is getting to her.  Even with an advantage in the challenge they still lost.  Glad Eboni finally won something, though.  Honestly, I really thought Ray was going to go for it and ring the bell.  At this point, I'll be surprised if anyone else does it.  

• Love 2

I have always liked Lauren, but seeing her develop the confidence in herself is heart-warming.  I like all of these people and Mike is a superhero to me.  To see him use his coaching skills to motivate the others is impressive.  The host is totally wrong for this show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
14 hours ago, azprimadonna said:

The host is totally wrong for this show.

Seriously! Who thought he was a good idea for this show? 

I've never seen Eboni in anything else, but I find her so off-putting. So didactic and preachy. If this is her at her most charming in front of cameras, I don't think I'd want to be around her in private. (Also, she needs to look up the meaning of prolific.) But as I said, I don't know her at all, so maybe she's more enjoyable to know than she appears. 

Conditions do seem to be legitimately unpleasant, especially at night, and I admire the way they're toughing it out, especially Paulina, but I'm feeling a bit manipulated by all the sad origin stories and the manufactured drama.

That last scene where Ray was crying about missing the most important parts of his children's lives to help others... was that really not scripted? I mean he's only missing, what? 5 days? It was a bit much. And everyone was chiming in with words of wisdom... that part of the episode felt fake to me, although Paulina's pain seemed all too real. Can't she get an Advil at least? 

This post is way more negative than the ones I usually post. Maybe this isn't the show for me. 😁

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 2
On 4/7/2022 at 12:29 AM, LadyChatts said:

Even with an advantage in the challenge they still lost. 

That's because the other team created their own advantage by having Lauren stand on the table.  The change of perspective to one more like the  traditional jigsaw solving point of view was a major contributing factor.

As was the lead time they had in solving the puzzle, of course.

• Love 3