Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Negative Space

• Start Topic

I wouldn't necessarily mind so much if that time were spent on things like directing his firefighters what to do in emergencies or mentoring them, rather than policing the whole city solo as if he's the sheriff in the Old West. Like, I am more than fine with Tommy getting a larger share of screen time than most of the supporting characters, because the time she gets is used well. (And, admittedly, if the show were Gina Torres silently petting her character's cat for an hour I'd be down for watching.)

• Love 7
(edited)

God I hate Owen. I mean he can't keep his hands to himself. It isn't funny to not be able to control yourself and hit people all the time. What an asshole. And them going after that former cop? I get they are annoyed but be pissed at the judge or the prosecutor. Go to the media. They were completely out of line following him etc. 

I honestly don't have anything else because I was so annoyed.

Edited by Bobcatkitten
  • Love 2

One of the other medical shows that ran a season or two (I'm thinking maybe Rob Lowe turned up in that one?) Also had a DNR plotline: a patient who was unconscious turned up with DNR tattooed on his chest, and one of the doctors said they didn't KNOW if that was really his wish, or he'd changed his mind, and they had yet another DNR controversy.

I've watched too many medical shows. None of them will ever top ER.

2 hours ago, kwnyc said:

One of the other medical shows that ran a season or two (I'm thinking maybe Rob Lowe turned up in that one?) Also had a DNR plotline: a patient who was unconscious turned up with DNR tattooed on his chest, and one of the doctors said they didn't KNOW if that was really his wish, or he'd changed his mind, and they had yet another DNR controversy.

Apparently that show would have been ripped from the 2017 headlines:
https://science.slashdot.org/story/17/11/30/1922228/an-unconscious-patient-with-a-do-not-resuscitate-tattoo

• Love 1
On 4/2/2022 at 4:53 PM, izabella said:

Tommy didn't see the bracelet, so she didn't know anything was amiss.  Nancy was about to shock her, saw the bracelet and hesitated (though the audience did not see the bracelet and did not know why she paused for a moment).  She looked at the crying sister, and then she went ahead and used the paddles to get the cancer patient's heart going again.  When the woman was conscious, she got mad that they had revived her and showed them the bracelet.

Nancy was at fault 100%, no way around it.  Tommy said she should have checked for a bracelet but didn't think to do it.  That was probably because of the sister who hid the fact that her sister had a DNR and wanted them to save her.

The sister said the woman dropped the lawsuit before she died.

I would hope that the sister had had some influence on her dropping the lawsuit since presumably she knew about the DNR in the first place and failed to mention it when the paramedics started working.  And yes, I get that it can be difficult for family members to make that call but she bears some of the responsibility.

I knew that Sadie was a wrong un when she told Owen "you came for me".  That and the fact that she 'passed out' right next to a well lit exit sign (presumably the exit Owen used to get them both out). 

• Love 1