Type keyword(s) to search

The Invisible Pilot

• Start Topic

The HBO Original THE INVISIBLE PILOT, a three-part documentary series by Emmy(R)-winning filmmakers Phil Lott and Ari Mark, is a tale of a charismatic, daredevil husband and father who unexpectedly jumped off a bridge in 1977, despite a seemingly happy home life and a lucrative career as a pilot. His small-town Arkansas community searches for his body in vain while family and friends seek answers. Years later, a mysterious story emerges involving hypnosis, secret identities and a double life of dangerous missions and law-breaking. And that's just the beginning... From Adam McKay (HBO's "Succession" and "Q: Into The Storm") comes a labyrinthine story that begins in Hazen, Arkansas and ends up as part of one of the biggest political scandals of our time. THE INVISIBLE PILOT debuts MONDAY, APRIL 4 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT) with new episodes airing subsequent Mondays at the same time. The series will debut on HBO and be available to stream on HBO Max.

Trailer https://deadline.com/2022/03/hbo-trailer-the-invisible-pilot-1234984544/

I’m disgusted by Gary Betzner, his 2nd and 3rd wife and anyone that worked with or supported him.  I never heard of this story when I started watch and I don’t know if I will continue.  His arrogance and constant laughter during the telling of his tale is repellent.

I’ve seen the first 2 parts and I’m feeling very “meh” about it. It’s not as interesting as I’d hoped it would be.

It was sad—and kind of disconcerting—to see how roughly his (second) wife and son aged from 2014 to 2021. His son especially does not seem “all there.” The ex-wife seems stoned. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Only watched the first episode but this guy seems very selfish; he left his family to save his ass and it obviously affected them a lot.  I don’t think I’ll watch the rest.

This. I was so put off by his smugness about committing crimes, not taking responsibility for them and abandoning his family, that I chose to stop at the first episode. 

• Love 1