Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: The Shipping News 

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

The kids may be free from the trouble they caused, but the Bhullars’ reign continues as Jenny finds herself frustratingly stuck one step behind their crew’s every move and Travis struggles to maintain the balancing act of his two lives. Elsewhere, Cassie reels from her final interaction with Ronald and decides to take some time off; meanwhile, the syndicate bares its teeth at Wolf.

Original Airdate: THURSDAY, March 24, 2022   (10:01-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC.
162156_3076-900x0.jpg
162157_3516-900x0.jpg
162157_3349-900x0.jpg

So, after surviving that shot last week, it looks like Wolfgang might finally be dead at the hands of an assassin sent by this mysterious Milton guy.  Of course, I say might be dead because I've learn not to expect John Caroll Lynch characters to go quietly into the night on this show.  Or, again, Wolfgang is actually dead and we'll be getting a mysterious triplet, a clone, a Legarski from an alternate universe, or some kind of crazy shit to keep Lynch on the payroll.  It could be anything!

Other than that, it was kind of hilarious how everyone else in that entire plot (Cassie, Lindor, etc.) pretty much just fell off the face of the Earth for this particular episode.  Easy gig for the actors this go around!  It also seems like the teens might no longer be sticking around.  Yep, their never ending stupidity has been rewarded!

Oh, no!  Can't believe... err, goofy comic relief cop character whose name I can't even remember got hurt in that explosion!

More Bhullar family dysfunctional drama with Veer making Jag beat up Dietrch for trying to go against them and I guess make Jag "prove himself" or some shit, and while it might not be the most pleasant thing ever, Jag was acting like he was forced to kill him instead of simply roughing him up so little that Dietch was up and about and playing pool in a mere few scene later.  Meanwhile, Alicia clearly sees through Ren's "act chummy to get more info" act, and remains a mystery.

Travis isn't dirty apparently, but has a vendetta against Veer because he might have killed an informant that Travis was in love with.  Alrighty, then.

Bob gets captured by Ren and crew, tries to rat out Travis, but then Travis "proves his loyalty" by just flat-out stabbing Bob in the throat with a steak knife.  That's one way to do it!

It was cool seeing Ren's colder and more dangerous side a little bit this time.

• Love 2

Is/was Bob that creepy forest guy that was spying on the kids in the first few episodes?  I can't place him.

So, they load Legarski in the ambo, it disappears, and his story is just dropped?  Nobody in the sheriff's department cares?

Speaking of the sheriff's department, looks like the next go round for the bomb squad should include some testing to make sure the candidates actually, you know, have some technical expertise in bomb scenes.  On the plus side, AC/DC Tee shirt Jenny doesn't have to waste time processing this scene.

Did we get rid of the kids?  Woohoo!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Is/was Bob that creepy forest guy that was spying on the kids in the first few episodes?  I can't place him.

I thought creepy forest guy got stabbed or shot or something while saving the kids' lives, and the kids put him down someone's basement and were trying to help him. I don't have any idea what happened to that guy. So maybe it is/was Bob.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, PBnJay said:

I thought creepy forest guy got stabbed or shot or something while saving the kids' lives, and the kids put him down someone's basement and were trying to help him. I don't have any idea what happened to that guy. So maybe it is/was Bob.

Creepy van guy and Bob look a lot alike, but I think they are different people. 
Bob also seems to be an independent contractor

• Love 2

What is up with those parents sending the two teens to boarding school? I mean, they clearly realized that totally missed that there kids were super dumb, and couldn't tell they were in trouble and want to make a change. But shouldn't the change be paying more attention to your kids and not shipping them off to somewhere with less supervision?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

What is up with those parents sending the two teens to boarding school? I mean, they clearly realized that totally missed that there kids were super dumb, and couldn't tell they were in trouble and want to make a change. But shouldn't the change be paying more attention to your kids and not shipping them off to somewhere with less supervision?

Unless they think they will be safer there since they think the money is still missing?  Ren’s  dad doesn’t know Ren has the money?  Really I think it’s just an easy a way for the writers to get away from the kids plot.   

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1
On 3/27/2022 at 5:57 PM, mythoughtis said:

Unless they think they will be safer there since they think the money is still missing?  Ren’s  dad doesn’t know Ren has the money?  Really I think it’s just an easy a way for the writers to get away from the kids plot.   

Oh, maybe, I keep forgetting who knows what about the money.