Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Mind Frisk

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Nathan and Nora race to stop a potentially dangerous technological advance. Luke boycotts sleep when he finds Horizen is profiting from his dreams, as Aleesha continues to rise in the Horizen hierarchy. Ingrid is tempted by a new tech offering: digital babies.

7111IM3+x1L._SX536_.jpg

Edited by AnimeMania

Okay, so this is a completely random thing, but it drives me crazy. Aleesha got on the bed with her shoes on. Now, I recognize that for her its just a simulation, but dammit, if you are going to have simulated naked butt sex, take off your shoes before you get on the bed!!!

Edited by Rlb8031
  • LOL 1
On 3/15/2022 at 12:11 PM, Rlb8031 said:

Okay, so this is a completely random thing, but it drives me crazy. Aleesha got on the bed with her shoes on. Now, I recognize that for her its just a simulation, but dammit, if you are going to have simulated naked butt sex, take off your shoes before you get on the bed!!!

LOL. But do shoe-germs and dirt exist in Lakeview?

• LOL 1

I fully expected them to check Ingrid’s thoughts and find they couldn’t because she isn’t actually an upload

since that didn’t happen, I’m guessing (dragging these out so I don’t know what is coming), Nora and Aleesha find out she didn’t upload through some glitch and debate telling Nathan in the finale.

Edited by Wanda
Download not equal to upload

Mind Frisk makes no sense, for the dead and especially the living. It is TV so you can stretch things like privacy, but even within this realm it would violate all sorts of concerns and open the company to risk. All the little charges for pretty much everything feels like going to Disney World.

1 hour ago, Ottis said:

Mind Frisk makes no sense, for the dead and especially the living. It is TV so you can stretch things like privacy, but even within this realm it would violate all sorts of concerns and open the company to risk. All the little charges for pretty much everything feels like going to Disney World.

Season 1 had some uncomfortable policies and tiers of virtual living, but MindFrisk and then profiting off dreams made the idea of uploading completely repulsive. I guess I don’t understand how the “dead” don’t have rights, fixed terms and conditions, or any control over their virtual lives and intellectual property... and how no one really seems to actually care. They are treated as artificial commodities. IMO, it’s pretty hard to argue they’re not real people and not alive (which gets into all sorts of spiritual arguments, right to privacy discussion, and economic-philosophical stuff), which made this episode super uncomfortable and, IMO, poorly done. 30 minutes was not enough time for this storyline.

But I get a kick out of all the little charges. That’s realistic to me. (And why I don’t have many apps.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hmm. Between the ruthless capitalists who want to exploit the dead people in their uploaded world and the terrorists who want to destroy said world because they don't think dead people should be allowed to upload, I'm not sure why I'm supposed to think the ruthless capitalists are worse than the Luddites.

MindFrisk sucks, just like the rest of the terms and conditions and restrictions in Lakeview suck but... it's all still better than trying to destroy the place. Targeted advertising in the real world is just a few steps back from this sort of thought mining, but no one advocates the killing of humans to stop corporations from selling shit to them.

The whole digital baby thing is... I don't get it. Why is it a multi-episode thread? But we got more Vic Michaelis, so I'm happy with that. She plays a cold, aloof, patrician lady very well. It just got more annoying as the baby got older. Such a lame B-plot. It felt like they were trying to do a Black Mirror thing, but didn't have the time to devote to it.