Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Born to Bleed

• Start Topic

Good episode. Well acted, some interesting twists. Did anyone catch what Pike’s last words to Layton were?  I couldn’t quite make it out even with the sound turned way up. 

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, me5671 said:

Good episode. Well acted, some interesting twists. Did anyone catch what Pike’s last words to Layton were?  I couldn’t quite make it out even with the sound turned way up. 

He said "I hope you find it frozen", meaning New Eden.  

For a moment there, I thought Layton might offer to step down in favor of Ruth, in order to keep the peace with Pike.  But I guess the actor playing Pike had other work he wanted to do, and they wrote him off.  

LJ with her dad's glass eye ball is way too weird.

• Love 1
(edited)

Great episode but does anyone think situation are being wrapped up to fast? Sam is struggling one moment and the next he fine and with his daughter. Like instant recovery from a serious mental break down.

Joise and the return of her motherhood! I get that last season she was recovering, but seriously at no time since the start of the 3 season has she even mentioned Miles. Heck she found time to bang a guy before even seeing Miles. For her to get bitchy and whiny about Layton and his baby is just self centred. I mean yes he’s kinda adopted but still he refers to her as Mom.As for Miles, wow that boy grew, lol. Still in the engineering program, which Wilford kept. 

Speaking of Wilford, hmm maybe the suspension finally humbled him enough to listen to others? Maybe, but I still think the old Wilford is lurking just beneath. Still keep Audrey from him and he might do better. I was 😂 at her that whole scene. She is so selfish.

Alex and Carly, talking about what life used to be and Alex revealing she’s a tad nerdy , haha. But she’s proving she does care about others as she helped Carly see her dad. 

Wow poor Ruth, finding out she actually had feelings for Pike and then Pike pulls this stunt. I’m wondering how well she really took that Tallie solution. I also wonder if she’s still on Laytons side.

I’m sorry but Pikes reason we’re nonsense. The guy was just jealous I think and very prideful.  Did he feel like he should have been second in command for Laytons rebellion? I mean Layton lay it all out and was game to forgive. I do wonder if Layton will take a big hit regarding the Tail section. Who by the way, still look like the slums. At this point that section needs to clean up and renovate. Again taking pride is hurting them all the more. 

Next week is a bottle show in Laytons head. This poor guy needs help.

Edited by rtms77
  • Love 1

I've lurked here for 2 seasons! But thought it time to come out of the woodwork.

This was a well acted episode, but I hate that they built Pike up for this to happen. I am assuming he was killed as a plot device for Ruth to turn against Layton, the look she gave him when he said sorry, was full of resentment, her reply "I'm sorry too", was foreboding. Layton only called for the knives because Pike knew about the lie that is Eden, they both had to agree, he needn't have gone there, Pike's concerns were justified,  but obviously building a bomb wasn't the answer. Poor Ruth though. 

Is anyone suspicious of Wilford, I'm not sure he is genuinely so incapacitated, and Audrey...there seemed to be hope for her at the end of last week's episode, but this week?! Same old, same old. 

Miles! How the teens have grown. Good make up and acting in Alex's case, the actress is in her twenties, yet the character has visibly grown up since last season. Her scenes with Carly were good, I laughed at her " first extortion"...Will there be more then? 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Oxia said:

Miles! How the teens have grown. Good make up and acting in Alex's case, the actress is in her twenties, yet the character has visibly grown up since last season. Her scenes with Carly were good, I laughed at her " first extortion"...Will there be more then? 

Rowan Blanchard is only 20 and filmed the third season while 19. So she’s still way more believable as an 18 yr old. Miles though yeah that boy grew,lol. It’s always jarring especially for male actors when they start a show young and suddenly have the growth spurt. All the show can do is say 🤷🏽

• Love 1
16 hours ago, rtms77 said:

I’m sorry but Pikes reason we’re nonsense. The guy was just jealous I think and very prideful.  Did he feel like he should have been second in command for Laytons rebellion? 

I agree, I just can't buy into his reasons, they seemed to be nonsense.  He acted like he and Layton should have been co-leaders.  And really, unless they wanted to just write Pike off the show, I don't see the point of this storyline, it just seems like a waste of time.  

Maybe if they knew this is the last season, it would make sense the way they've been wrapping things up quickly.  That's the only way it makes sense to have Wilford cowed, AND get rid of Pike as an alternate threat.  Land in New Eden, and everyone is happy.  Except perhaps Wilford, who has lost Audrey's respect now that he isn't the leader.  End of series.

• Love 2
(edited)

It sucks that they had to write Pike off in such a stupid way after everything, but the guy has always been a pain with not only a bug up his ass, but an entire ant colony, so I guess this was inevitable. You can only try to kill your leader/friend so many times before it catches up with you. Poor Ruth. While Pike's motives were nonsense, the acting was really strong at least, I was certainly glued to the TV throughout. 

My how Miles has grown! Nice to see him as well as Alex and Carly, Alex could really use some friends her own age who don't sometimes put their dead fathers glass eyes into their mouth. Weirdo indeed, never change LJ.

I don't know if I buy Wilford being down for the count, the guys too much of an egomaniac to really give up his train.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

With all the "tailie traditions" we've been introduced to you'd think they'd been on the train for hundreds of years rather than 6 or 7.

Yes! This.

I did buy some of Pike's reasons. Layton was very happy to use him rather than get his own hands dirty, Pike is obviously haunted by that. Layton is lying to everyone about the whole Eden thing, but what got me the most was that he called for the knives because he was worried Pike would expose him. I think Layton has moved so far from his origins. There has been so much character progression on the show, Ruth in particular, the character I used to love to hate, - she was shown caring for everyone whilst in charge, the scene where she was making sure the seamstresses had antibiotics etc. Whereas Layton still has the Tail living in squalid conditions and seems to he going in the opposite direction. It's all about him and his dream. 

• Love 1

I wonder if pike thought Ruth also knew about the new Eden lie.  If so maybe she could have talked to him.  But I can see why Layton would not let him live threatening to expose it all.  

nice to see Miles again, who really grew 

Edited by Hanahope