Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: FaceFlop App, $1.99

• Start Topic

Tom and Connor vie to prove who would make a better sperm donor to Denise. Meanwhile, Sarah tries to prove to Alison that she has what it takes to direct the spring musical by throwing a successful fundraiser at Connor’s house.

Original airdate: 3/2/22

(edited)

There is just no appeal to the character of Sarah and the actor playing her isn't anything to write home about either.   She was a better singer than I expected though.

It's annoying that Marina could not simply be honest about her feelings to Denise.  At least she was honest to Tom.

Okay, that moment at the end with Marina and Denise was nice.

It was funny that they had Danica McKellar play such a nothing role.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

Glad the spice talk is hopefully off the table now. Although I thought they were waiting to have a baby for a while and now it seems they are not. I giggled at several lines and thoughts. That app was amazingly bad. I enjoy this family dynamic so much. I haven’t been missing the parents though. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

There is just no appeal to the character of Sarah and the actor playing her isn't anything to write home about either.   She was a better singer than I expected though.

It's annoying that Marina could not simply be honest about her feelings to Denise.  At least she was honest to Tom.

It was funny that they had Danica McKellar play such a nothing role.  

The Danica McKellar character is a regular in the show. 

I’m not sure how I feel about the brothers vying to be the sperm donor of their sister’s partner’s baby. I’m glad they got turned down. Otherwise, their wacky hijinks were funny

• Love 1

So I’ve had fertility problems and egg/embryo donation was a possibility for a while and my doctor told me sometimes people do ask close friends or family to be their donors because it’s a lot cheaper that way. I honestly don’t think I could go that route. Of course Denise and Sarah would be the parents but one of Sarah’s brothers would still biologically be the father. It’s just a little too close. I would much rather use an anonymous donor, they are vetted extremely well and you know a lot about them (physical attributes, medical issues, etc.). 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I loved that too.  I love how they are all "I love you!' And then,

Denise: "I didn't want to hurt your feelings!"

Marina: "I didn't want to hurt your feelings either!"

Denise: "From now on, Let's promise to always hurt each others' feelings"

Marina (whispers) "Always."

Ha!  I do enjoy their friendship on this show.

And yeah that face app meld thing was eesh!

I am glad Denise thought through it and got squicked out and the app thing just took it over the top.  That is just a little too weird as Marina was pointing out.

I don't think Connor and Tom were as stoked by the idea as it might have seemed, I felt like as time went on the need to prove who is better obliterated why they were trying to prove it in the first place.  I felt like they just got caught up in the rivalry and just hadn't gotten to the place where Marina and Denise had quite yet.

Surprisingly, I did not find Sarah as grating as I normally do in this ep.  She was kinda bearable.

As usual the sibling dynamic is the best part.  And I liked bad ass Lupe.

• Love 4
(edited)

I liked this episode mostly for the Connor and Tom subplot, but it was the least enjoyable one of the season for me. It was too sitcom-y with misunderstandings and people hiding their feelings.

Edited by Aileen
  • Love 1