Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: The Bridge

• Start Topic

Edmund really dialed up the Joffrey in this episode.  Sad in a way, because he was just trying to show he was worthy of being King.  He did show some (very reckless) bravery, though not enough that he would merit the nickname "Ironside."

• Love 1
12 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Was it ever! That episode moved so quickly that I was surprised when it was over. 
I’m holding back on bingeing but it’s painful 😆

I wish I would have had your willpower. I finished the first season in record time and am back on episode 1. A lot went over my head the first go through though.

• Love 1

Well, I think that's all the Greenland extras (besides the injured one in Sweden).  I never could remember their names.

I wasn't expecting for the full battle to occur, I thought Canute told Leif that he had to prove himself first?  I laughed when the first team surfboarded into the marsh, those guards weren't very observant were they?!

Edmund sounded like a little boy, and the lame hairstyle doesn't help.  I laughed at the retreat of his backup forces.  That Earl is one petty guy.

For a moment I thought taunting Joffrey, err Edmund into battle wasn't part of the plan and it would all go awry for the Leif's plan. I also thought that perhaps the Vikings would want it to go wrong to humble Leif. 

But no, taunting him was part of it and they knew it would work. Edmund is rather child like, I don't know anything about the real Edmund but it is difficult seeing how this one will overcome being ousted as King. He doesn't seem very worldly and I don't think Godwin has his back. 

Did Vikings really invent surfboards?

• Love 1

I was mostly irritated with this episode, because it's one of those mystery/suspense things where they tell the audience "there's a plan" but we have to sit and wait to see what that plan is. I understood they were trying to pull down the bridge but the mechanics of it were confusing and I really lost patience just waiting for the big "thing" to happen. I admit, the shot of the bridge going down was pretty cool, but by the time it finally happened I was just annoyed having to wait the whole hour to see it.