Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: No Apologies

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Reacher starts White Knighting for Roscoe as predicted. Goes off half cocked in a busy diner. I get that he is meant to be like that but at the same time it just seems really stupid. 

Roscoe seems influenced by Reacher's punch first ask questions later approach. Is reminded she isn't 6ft 5. 

I liked the thick bodied stripper in the club scene.

Edited by LadyIrony
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, LadyIrony said:

Reacher starts White Knighting for Roscoe as predicted. Goes off half cocked in a busy diner. I get that he is meant to be like that but at the same time it just seems really stupid. 

Roscoe seems influenced by Reacher's punch first ask questions later approach. Is reminded she isn't 6ft 5. 

I liked the thick bodied stripper in the club scene.

Reacher, Roscoe, Neagley, they all have this fantasy I can kill anybody thing going as long as I am in the right. The coincidences pill up some random street cop in Memphis has a connection to a years old conspiracy. With more back story that Reacher wouldn't really get into West Point in the first place.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Raja said:

Reacher, Roscoe, Neagley, they all have this fantasy I can kill anybody thing going as long as I am in the right.

When Reacher took out the 4-man torture/murder squad (plus driver) I thought he was a bit excessive. He should have read them their rights and asked them to come quietly. Even though he wasn't a cop and therefore had no power of arrest, and ignoring the fact that the Mayor, Chief of Police, local prison guards, the most wealthy and influential citizens in town and half the cops in the department were bent. And also ignoring that they had murdered his brother and mutilated his corpse.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, RedElf said:

Why isn't the Secret Service busting down doors to find out who killed their agent?

I think Joe Reacher was so deep undercover the an ex West Pointer Secret Service Agent could not be identified when Margrave started searching for who their John Doe was. So a secret office sort of romance doesn't draw attention to link to a dead agent in Atlanta in time for the show.

I was thinking that Reacher was Batman without Bruce Wayne's money while announcing he will go out and kill like a Punisher. Too many cops and feds around as there would have to be with so many dead federal agents then our Punisher can't engage in our revenge fantasy.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Netfoot said:

When Reacher took out the 4-man torture/murder squad (plus driver) I thought he was a bit excessive. He should have read them their rights and asked them to come quietly. Even though he wasn't a cop and therefore had no power of arrest, and ignoring the fact that the Mayor, Chief of Police, local prison guards, the most wealthy and influential citizens in town and half the cops in the department were bent. And also ignoring that they had murdered his brother and mutilated his corpse.

I thought you were being serious for a minute 😂

• LOL 1
18 hours ago, RedElf said:

Why isn't the Secret Service busting down doors to find out who killed their agent?

Do they even know? Joe was undercover, and no one knew where he had gone or what exactly he was looking into. Reacher told Joe's girlfriend about Joe's death and told her not to tell anyone. She gets killed next. So, the Secret Service might know about Molly Beth, but that wouldn't alert them to Joe's presence.

The folks in the police department would have been the ones to reach out to the Secret Service, but most of them were shady. Reacher, Finley, and Roscoe weren't telling anyone yet. At least, not until they were safe and had caught the bad guys.

7 minutes ago, SoapDoc said:

Do they even know? Joe was undercover, and no one knew where he had gone or what exactly he was looking into. Reacher told Joe's girlfriend about Joe's death and told her not to tell anyone. She gets killed next. So, the Secret Service might know about Molly Beth, but that wouldn't alert them to Joe's presence.

The folks in the police department would have been the ones to reach out to the Secret Service, but most of them were shady. Reacher, Finley, and Roscoe weren't telling anyone yet. At least, not until they were safe and had caught the bad guys.

That is where real world, or at least the knowledge of other genre shows breaks through and the viewer is trying to determine how could they not know. With the murders of both Secret Service Agents the local police first step when finding a body would be to try to identify who was killed. And that computer will get the prints and spit it out. Even if an agent was deep undercover  his agency has got to have that biometric information and the FBI beyond Picard is on the way to take over the case

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, SoapDoc said:

and technically, I believe, the FBI would be the ones to investigate the two agents murders.  And since Picard was corrupt, it could be he'd be able to complicate and delay that investigation.

• Love 2

Thanks for reminding me about the FBI investigating. And like you said, the FBI agent involved with the situation was shady, too. I don't think anyone legit in the FBI or Secret Service knows what happened to Joe yet.

• Love 1

Definitely had a "midway through the season so lets put everyone's back against the wall" vibe here, but amusingly, a lot of it was because characters took the "punch first, ask questions later" approach, which might be fun to watch but admittedly probably wasn't the smartest plan.  Kliner's son graffitis Roscoe's car in an attempt to slut-shame her and even though Reacher knows it's a set-up, he still does what he does best and beats the shit out of some fools.  As for Roscoe herself, she not only finds out that her mentor/father figure likely didn't commit suicide but was murdered instead, she also thinks Teale himself was involved, so she goes barreling into the police station and starts laying haymakers on him (right after he fired her, making it look like she was a disgruntled former employee.)  So, now she's wanted for assault.  Oh, you two!  Finley going to need to find ways to keep his blood pressure in check having to put out these fires!

At least he had Reacher out of his hairs for a bit, since Reacher was teaming up with Neagley this go around and trying to get more info on a potential assassin to track down.  Which apparently might be some guy who goes by the name "The Viking", which gives me hope that Reacher might have a legit physical threat to tangle with soon.  Hopefully we meet him or her soon, because for now, I'm just picturing Reacher getting ready to fist fight Ragnar Lothbrok (which would still be amazing to see now matter what.)

I figured Reacher was going to eventually save the mistreated dog, but surprised they just gave him to an animal shelter because I thought it was going to lead to him having a new companion!

Sounds like Roscoe is going to end up on babysitting duty with Charlene and the kids.  Suspect someone will find out where they are very soon...

Looks like Kliner was just a clog in the wheel, since he's now dead as well.  Uh oh! 

• Love 1
On 2/7/2022 at 2:08 PM, Raja said:

Reacher, Roscoe, Neagley, they all have this fantasy I can kill anybody thing going as long as I am in the right. The coincidences pill up some random street cop in Memphis has a connection to a years old conspiracy. With more back story that Reacher wouldn't really get into West Point in the first place.

I kind of buy Neagley being a kick ass bitch but not so much Roscoe. It seems silly to me to start fights everywhere when your actual mission is something very different. Surely making a rep for yourself everywhere you go just makes it harder for yourself in the future?

3 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Definitely had a "midway through the season so lets put everyone's back against the wall" vibe here, but amusingly, a lot of it was because characters took the "punch first, ask questions later" approach, which might be fun to watch but admittedly probably wasn't the smartest plan.  Kliner's son graffitis Roscoe's car in an attempt to slut-shame her and even though Reacher knows it's a set-up, he still does what he does best and beats the shit out of some fools.  As for Roscoe herself, she not only finds out that her mentor/father figure likely didn't commit suicide but was murdered instead, she also thinks Teale himself was involved, so she goes barreling into the police station and starts laying haymakers on him (right after he fired her, making it look like she was a disgruntled former employee.)  So, now she's wanted for assault.  Oh, you two!  Finley going to need to find ways to keep his blood pressure in check having to put out these fires!

At least he had Reacher out of his hairs for a bit, since Reacher was teaming up with Neagley this go around and trying to get more info on a potential assassin to track down.  Which apparently might be some guy who goes by the name "The Viking", which gives me hope that Reacher might have a legit physical threat to tangle with soon.  Hopefully we meet him or her soon, because for now, I'm just picturing Reacher getting ready to fist fight Ragnar Lothbrok (which would still be amazing to see now matter what.)

I figured Reacher was going to eventually save the mistreated dog, but surprised they just gave him to an animal shelter because I thought it was going to lead to him having a new companion!

Sounds like Roscoe is going to end up on babysitting duty with Charlene and the kids.  Suspect someone will find out where they are very soon...

Looks like Kliner was just a clog in the wheel, since he's now dead as well.  Uh oh! 

I get that the show is pure fantasy and it's fun. But, wouldn't Reacher want to take a more stealthy approach? Fighting Kliner's son in the cafe was stupid. I thought Roscoe going in fists blazing was funny but also stupid. Tell me they wouldn't both be thrown in prison and killed soon afterwards!

I actually ended up forgetting all about The Viking by the end of the show. 

17 hours ago, Linderhill said:

I forgot about the Viking too until I read your post @LadyIrony  Did they ever come back to the Viking?

Spoiler

I think they made some mention right at the end, setting it up for Season 2 maybe. It was a funny series for me, I liked it but at the same time I don't think I always took everything in either!

• Love 1