Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Seven

• Start Topic

While the collective is tasked with hunting down the serpent, Mother is left to reconcile complicated emotions. Convinced that it will aid his cause, Marcus sets out to find the creature before the atheists do.

After Campion is hurt during his first encounter with the serpent, Mother must reconcile her feelings for her natural child as the collective is ordered by the Trust to hunt it down. Marcus comes to believe the serpent will help him find the Tree of Knowledge and sets off to find it before the atheists do. 

Original Airdate: Thursday, February 8, 2022     
amanda-collin_1.jpg
amanda-collin-niamh-algar.jpg
morgan-santo-kim-engelbrecht.jpg
raised-by-wolves_0.jpg

• Love 1
On 2/4/2022 at 5:58 PM, AnimeMania said:

I thought it was kind of weird that the Atheists are the ones that have tons of rules and no free will, while the the ones that have a religion are like do whatever you makes you happy.

The Atheists may have started out with the noblest of intentions for a free society, but dealing with the larger Mithraic culture compelled  them to become more rigid over time.

Mother sort of reminds me of Maria Von Trap in the Sound of Music.

Edited by marinw
On 2/7/2022 at 8:28 AM, peridot said:

I thought that Marcus was a former atheist who's now posing as a religious guy. It seems he's just making things up as he goes along.

I think he really believes in Sol now and sees himself as a prophet, doing Sol's work and spreading Sol's word. Of course, this comes with a side of "believe or die you heathens".

• Love 1
On 2/7/2022 at 8:28 AM, peridot said:

I thought that Marcus was a former atheist who's now posing as a religious guy. It seems he's just making things up as he goes along.  He even brushed off the woman who wasn't baptized.

Marcus and his "wife" spent quite a long time on the spaceship, so they had to have picked up quite a bit of knowledge about the religion to be able to blend in without causing any "red flags".

• Love 1