Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: A Moral Star, Part 2

• Start Topic

Yes, that was great. Rok has kept her tech skills and put them to good use. We finally saw what happens when someone sees Zero. And we got the Diviner's backhistory or at least parts of it along with plenty of open questions. Since it seems Gwyn's memories are not entirely lost things will certainly become interesting.

I was not prepared to meet RL (so to speak) Janeway. I'm sure she will be thrilled to get entangled in another time travel paradox 😁

The one thing I did not like: Gwyn losing her heirloom, that was a sweet piece of tech. Maybe once she remembers and travels to Solum (which of course she will) she can get a replacement.

• Love 2
On 2/4/2022 at 4:51 PM, MissLucas said:

We finally saw what happens when someone sees Zero.

From the TOS episode, "Is There In Truth No Beauty?" we learned that seeing a Medusan in its true form would make someone insane. Diana Muldaur played Dr. Miranda Jones, the blind telepath that could communicate with them. I doubt any of the children that are watching this show would have known that though. 

• Useful 2

Obviously the ending with Gwyn is too pat.

Dare they screw with her character growth by having her be mentally screwed up now?

There's also clearly got to be a curveball that keeps the kids on that ship. Yes, there's the mystery of where the previous crew went, but why would that need to involve them once Admiral Janeway arrives?  Something bad is coming up.  Janeway isn't going to be happy to see them, or understanding, I'm thinking. 

On 2/4/2022 at 4:51 PM, MissLucas said:

Rok has kept her tech skills and put them to good use.

This made me so happy. I love her and was afraid the crew and writers would immediately forget all of her growth and new skills. Which Jankom did, of course, but he backtracked quickly and Rok got to save the day.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, akg said:

This made me so happy. I love her and was afraid the crew and writers would immediately forget all of her growth and new skills. Which Jankom did, of course, but he backtracked quickly and Rok got to save the day.

She is great! Considering everything she learned during the tachyon storm, she really should be the chief engineer.  Jankom knew that he was out of his depth trying to get the shields up and running and I'm glad he deferred to her and bought her the time she needed to make the repairs. 

On 2/9/2022 at 11:56 PM, SnarkShark said:

Something bad is coming up.  Janeway isn't going to be happy to see them, or understanding, I'm thinking. 

When Janeway shows up they are in for a big surprise from the Diviner's parting gift to the Protostar -- that will wipe Starfleet from existence.  

On 2/12/2022 at 12:35 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

When Janeway shows up they are in for a big surprise from the Diviner's parting gift to the Protostar -- that will wipe Starfleet from existence.  

I think it's reasonably well implied the crew disabled that. 

3 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

I didn't even get the sense they even knew about it.

They don't know about it. Gwyn's memory loss meant she's forgotten everything her dad told her about her planet, that they're from the future, and his plans for revenge.

• Love 3
On 2/4/2022 at 10:51 PM, MissLucas said:

Yes, that was great. Rok has kept her tech skills and put them to good use. We finally saw what happens when someone sees Zero. And we got the Diviner's backhistory or at least parts of it along with plenty of open questions. Since it seems Gwyn's memories are not entirely lost things will certainly become interesting.

I was not prepared to meet RL (so to speak) Janeway. I'm sure she will be thrilled to get entangled in another time travel paradox 😁

The one thing I did not like: Gwyn losing her heirloom, that was a sweet piece of tech. Maybe once she remembers and travels to Solum (which of course she will) she can get a replacement.

I think she still has it. A small piece of it was visible on her right hand when Zero was scanning her at the end.

I only just got round to seeing Prodidy, really surprised by the quality of this show.

While the weapon the Diviner was talking about is most likely a computer virus of some sort (like the one Picard had hoped to place among the Borg when they first met Hugh), I don't think the wording of the Diviner explicitly excludes Gwyn as being the weapon. He said to her that it was currently onboard the Protostar, that it needed to be "armed" and that it would send a signal that would lead to Starfleet ships turning on one another.

The Diviner and Gwyn are capable of sending remote signals to their multitool thingys in orde to manipulate them and the Diviner insisted she would be on the ship, Like he turned her "heirloom" against her, he may have other nasty surprises in store.