Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Brett

• Start Topic

I liked this one a little better, some of it was funny. Rehashing the same scenes over didn't bother me as much as scene repetition usually does. I wonder if I will still be saying that after the eighth episode. At least the week in between will lessen the sting. Brett's weak slide across the hood of his car was funny and the fight scene was entertaining.

One of the things I am looking forward to with this show is to see the same scenes from different viewpoints and how they differ. Like when Brett sat down at the table and in Aniq's story, he jabbed a knife in the table, but Brett didn't show that. It is going to make any figuring out hard to do because we have no idea who is telling the truth.

I think Walt is the killer, although that seems obvious. But I am excited to hear his side of things. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, xander874 said:

I think Walt is the killer, although that seems obvious. But I am excited to hear his side of things. 

It might be funny to see everybody at the party standing around at the murderer reveal trying to remember who Walt is, but it probably wouldn't have the same impact as another character, at least not yet. There is still plenty of story left. My money is on the guy who is always pulling pranks, nobody will miss him.

Detective Danner has I guess never heard of Mr. T cereal. 

I liked how Brett's version was basically an action movie with a solid car chase and a good fight scene. Never saw Ike Barenholtz as an action guy, but it worked. I did go and watch a few scenes again from Aniq's episode to see how his drunkenness changed the story. It was neat but not sure I'll be interested in doing that after a few more episode.

• Love 1
On 1/31/2022 at 7:40 AM, xander874 said:

One of the things I am looking forward to with this show is to see the same scenes from different viewpoints and how they differ. Like when Brett sat down at the table and in Aniq's story, he jabbed a knife in the table, but Brett didn't show that. It is going to make any figuring out hard to do because we have no idea who is telling the truth.

Agreed, I really enjoyed how the scenes changed based on someone else's perception and memory or vision of how things played out.  So we don't really know what happened yet.  I liked how in Aniq's episode, Brett was angry that Aniq was moving in on Zoe.  But in Brett's version, he's just trying to chase down a stuffed koala bear.

In Brett's version, the kid is still in the car.  Seems like the "retelling" sections are possibly true or not, but whatever is happening around Tiffany Haddish is reality.  So I would assume that the kid is actually sleeping in the car, and Brett was trying to leave the house because he wanted to check on his kid.

I am just getting around to this show now, and so far entertained! This episode ramped up the hilarious, from Brett’s commitment to Fast & Furious tropes, to the literal pissing contest, to the kill you/koala mixup. 

• Like 1