Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Better Goff Dead

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

On their first official mission to assassinate suspected “butterflies,” Economos and Murn bond, and Peacemaker and Harcourt reach an understanding. But the whole job goes sideways with the arrival of Judomaster.

Original Airdate: Thursday, January 13, 2022

nhut-le.jpg

Not the best episode but it gave you a lot to think about and set up the rest of the season.

If the senator was as strong as the portrayed him to be, Vigilante's toe should have popped right off regardless of how dull the shears were.

There was an end credits scene after the end credits scene, a preview of what's upcoming for the rest of the season.

• Love 1

Looks like Peacemaker was right: ARGUS really isn't about originality when it comes to naming their missions.  Because, yep, the "butterflies" really are butterflies.  Or at least some kind of alien version that I guess takes over human bodies and makes them their hosts?  Looks like there is quite a bit of them out there.  I wonder what their endgame will be.

Looks like Peacemaker is already starting to have doubts about his mission since he wasn't able to pull the trigger despite claiming in the past that he would kill any man, woman, or child in the name of "peace."  Meanwhile, Vigilante is all about that killing!

Judomaster ended up being a badass.  Took out both Peacemaker and Vigilante with ease and it took Economos smashing in his car with the van AND a few shots to the head with a crowbar to finally bring him down!

Seem to be something going on with the way Clemson was acting at the end.

Solid way to wrap up these initial episodes and set things up for the remaining five.  I'm definitely going to be back next week!

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Looks like Peacemaker was right: ARGUS really isn't about originality when it comes to naming their missions.  Because, yep, the "butterflies" really are butterflies.  Or at least some kind of alien version that I guess takes over human bodies and makes them their hosts?  Looks like there is quite a bit of them out there.  I wonder what their endgame will be.

I wonder if James Gunn was a secret BrainDead fan?

• Useful 1
On 1/15/2022 at 1:50 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Looks like Peacemaker is already starting to have doubts about his mission since he wasn't able to pull the trigger despite claiming in the past that he would kill any man, woman, or child in the name of "peace."

Killing Flag and almost killing Ratcatcher while she was begging for her life, all to protect the fact the US experimented on innocent people in particular children, shook him.  He got to the edge, and he's asking himself if he should really be that close.

• Love 6

Peacemaker was certainly right about ARGUS being uncreative when it comes to operation names. Operation Butterfly is about...butterflies. Probably alien butterflies that inhabit people like parasites, because that's pretty much a typical Thursday in the DC universe. Vigilante might be a rambling geeky Peacemaker fanboy, but he also assassinated that family like it was nothing. He wasn't even part of the mission, he just showed up and took the shot while humming a cheerful song. Meanwhile, Peacemaker is rethinking his whole "kill any man, woman or child to maintain peace" philosophy. Presumably this was brought about by everything that happened in Corto Maltese, especially killing Rick Flagg in the name of covering up the horrible things the American government did, which is a thread I am glad they are exploring. 

The butterflies remind me of the Shrikes from Agents of Shield, I wonder if you can get them out of people without killing them?

This show is a lot of fun, its a bit like what I imagine a Deadpool show would be like, but with less fourth wall breaking and more eagles. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4

Surely I can't be the only one to have noticed that "aliens taking over people's bodies" was exactly what Fake!Alex Jones was ranting about on the TV when Peacemaker made his first visit to his father's house in episode 01?

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Meant to post after I saw the episode a few weeks ago. 

On 1/15/2022 at 2:50 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Meanwhile, Vigilante is all about that killing!

Heh . . . Vigilante isn't a stand-in for Deadpool. He's a human version of Krombopulos Michael!

Nice take on Judomaster. He's the second major character from Charlton Comics worked into the show. He's excellent in martial arts . . . and that's all we get for now. For the most part, the Charlton characters haven't been used on a regular basis that much (aside from Blue Beetle), so making Peacemaker a man-child brute can work. Ditto for JM.

Alien butterflies. Really creepy, too. Anyone think Thinker might have worked with this before The Suicide Squad? If you think about it, the butterflies have the same MO as the Starros, only you can't see them manipulating people.

• Love 1