Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E01: 2020: A Year in Review / S15.E02: The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 7

• Start Topic

For anyone who hasn't heard, the fifteenth season starts with back-to-back episodes tomorrow, December 1, on FXX. Here are the synopses:

The Gang looks back on 2020 to justify their numerous PPE loans. In doing so, it is revealed that they contributed to the chaos of the past political year way more than anyone could have imagined.

Upon discovering that their self-made Lethal Weapon sequels have been pulled from the local library, the Gang decides to address their political incorrectness by making another film -- Lethal Weapon 7.

• Love 1

I'll be honest, I completely forgot Kanye West ran for president last year until the end of 2020: A Year in Review (it seems like such a long time ago lol) which made it that much funnier to me. Frank's segment was my favorite.

Sunny's back!

• Love 3

Got around to watching the episodes. Are they all coming out two at a time? Maybe to get the full season right before 2022?

Did anyone ask if "Don Cheadle" was still working at Trader Joe's? Geoffrey Owens popping up and poorly impersonating more famous people is a nice low-key running gag for this show. And this time, he got a win at the cost of the Gang's pride.

Dennis sexface. No. Please, no. I don't want to see any of their faces in that position. Dennis is more disturbing because you know he did bad stuff to get there. "Fibbing" about his age is the tip of the iceberg.

Hey, Brian Huskey! Sorry . . . he popped up a lot of live-action Adult Swim shows, and I'm a geek. It's not that hard to believe the Gang "Forrest Gumped" their way through 2020. Okay, I don't think Frank was needed as an explanation for Rudy Giuliani's melting dye job . . . but fuck it, you got Danny DeVito, so why not?

Dee is still a horrible actress. She is probably better than half of the Gang, for whatever that's worth. She went way too hard into Mel Gbson's accent. The thought of lots of Riggs mullets in a room in Paddy's is a funny one.

• Love 2

First, congratulations on 15 seasons!

Second, I loved the first one, just because I enjoy some absurd fun.  The plots ranged from the almost-plausible (outfitting some Jan. 6 people) to the off-the-rails (going very quickly from ballot-watching to ballot fraud), but I enjoyed the ride.

Finally, I also enjoyed the way they tried to address problems with blackface, etc. in the second one without breaking character, and the twist at the end (I thought it would end up as just a movie completely without them, but they found a better ending).

• Love 3

I liked them but I didn't love them. Maybe its just been too long since last season. But I need an episode with all 5 playing off each other constantly. Both episodes opened that way, but then diverged. The first basically had them in pairs, and the second kept cutting between script and commentary. (And Frank's diversion. And guest revisits.)

Both had good in-character moments. They just weren't quite what I was longing for.

E1

Loosely based on the chord progressions of Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. Of course I had to jump over to YouTube to refresh my memory of their music. That's and kind if an old reference, no?

Women are alcoholics who hate their kids.

Iconic costumes? Iconic? That word must mean something different now. 🙄

The gang's guy was Kanye West. Great payoff. Didn't see it coming at all.

E2
Pepperjack called the kid a baby ho.

Don't be hatin' on Pepperjack's flow.

Pepperjack's pullout game is strong.

Tsunami is too racially charged. (In my area of the SW there was actually a year where the news stations stopped saying "haboob" and used dust storm instead. Something about not wanting to look unpatriotic since the word is of Middle Eastern origin. I think there are still a few stations still won't say haboob now.)

Dennis' O face remains the stuff of nightmares.

Geoffrey Owens playing Don Cheadle is just wrong on several fronts, lol. I hope he and Cheadle are friendly IRL.

The gang came out swinging this season. Loved it.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1

Kanye was on the ballot in my state for real. 

I don't know if anyone watched on Hulu but they didn't bleep out Mac calling Dee the c word twice and then Artemis saying it and making me love her even more. And her side look to Mac about the butter. 

• Love 1