Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Legacy

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

More so than most shows of the genre you get a sense that days are passing during their investigations. And not just to set up a one off or will it be a long distance relationship between Jane and Joe. I guess that depends upon how often Enver Gjokaj decides to fly out to Hawaii

Agent Boone's attitude seemed different from the character introduced in the pilot. Meanwhile more backstory for Agent Tara, the independently wealthy person in public service has a long history in fiction.

• Love 3

Decent epi.

Interesting that they'd set up Tenant and Millius.  The actor is on another show, I believe, so was never going to be permanent so why even do that?  They can always give Tenant a boyfriend if they want to sometime down the line like they like to do with these shows.

As for Tara coming from money, eh.  Yes, it's an old trope but so is most of what winds-up on TV and in the movies.

• Love 1

Tara's background is a trope but the episode broke several other tropes: upright warrior for the environment did actually have a violent past, scumbag CEO was not actually a murderer (still a scumbag though), his wife was not a hapless victim, teenage son did not throw a hissy fit at finding out Mum has a sex life and no last-minute change to the Pentagon assignment.

I would welcome a long distance relationship for Tennant: it would free us from a carousel of possible love-interests and all sorts of plot shenanigans dealing with her love-life. Tara and Kai can provide those if necessary, once they allow Kai to loosen up a bit that is. At the moment he's a Hawaiian Sam Hanna clone but without LL Cool J's charisma.

• Love 2

OK.  I've decided--several episodes ago, really--that Vanessa Minnillo and her Tennant character has really grown on me.  I like how understated she is in all the scenes, but then comes on quietly yet strongly badass when needed.  She gets this little subtle frown when she's about to do a smack down that cracks me up.  I'll admit it, I didn't think the actress had it in her but I stand corrected.

She and Enver Gjokaj have really good chemistry together, it was fun to see them on a grown-up date having a grown-up relationship that isn't fraught with subtext or work issues.  Too bad Enver has another gig.  I'm so tired of these shows trying to force Unresolved Sexual Tension between inappropriate characters and co-workers.  It was nice that Tennant and the Captain didn't work directly together, nor were professional enemies.  Their jobs meant they were around each other a lot, but not really in constant interaction.  So their mutual attraction grew from that rather than from some "meet cute" or "opposites attract" TV trope.  You know, how real professional grown-ups in the real world get together.  It was refreshing.

• Love 7

I thought the story was well done but I was annoyed at the stonewalling from the rich people and their lawyers.  This was a criminal investigation, wouldn't NCIS have a right to detain them for questioning?  Instead the lawyers just say "we are done" and refuse to answer questions?  Especially after finding out that Kathy Laster was Rich Prick's daughter.  Couldn't NCIS have charged both husband and wife with obstruction of justice and thrown them in a cell?  This is information that should have been volunteered and they hindered the investigation.  Particularly after Rich Prick denied knowing her.

23 hours ago, Raja said:

More so than most shows of the genre you get a sense that days are passing during their investigations. And not just to set up a one off or will it be a long distance relationship between Jane and Joe. I guess that depends upon how often Enver Gjokaj decides to fly out to Hawaii

Agent Boone's attitude seemed different from the character introduced in the pilot. Meanwhile more backstory for Agent Tara, the independently wealthy person in public service has a long history in fiction.

Yes, I like that they show the sun setting and rising and the agents bringing in coffee and wearing different clothes.

I like Boone's relationship with each of the other team members.  With Tennant, she is "Boss".  He has a growing friendship with Kai, and I like how he works with Lucy.  I know we have heard comments from him about money before this episode, so it seems he comes from a modest or poor background and his job as a cop/Navy investigator is a big success for him.  I do wish we could see his family at some point.

17 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

OK.  I've decided--several episodes ago, really--that Vanessa Minnillo and her Tennant character has really grown on me.  I like how understated she is in all the scenes, but then comes on quietly yet strongly badass when needed.  She gets this little subtle frown when she's about to do a smack down that cracks me up.  I'll admit it, I didn't think the actress had it in her but I stand corrected.

She and Enver Gjokaj have really good chemistry together, it was fun to see them on a grown-up date having a grown-up relationship that isn't fraught with subtext or work issues.  Too bad Enver has another gig.  I'm so tired of these shows trying to force Unresolved Sexual Tension between inappropriate characters and co-workers.  It was nice that Tennant and the Captain didn't work directly together, nor were professional enemies.  Their jobs meant they were around each other a lot, but not really in constant interaction.  So their mutual attraction grew from that rather than from some "meet cute" or "opposites attract" TV trope.  You know, how real professional grown-ups in the real world get together.  It was refreshing.

I like her in this role too.  I like her quiet power.  I also enjoyed seeing Jane and Milius together and wouldn't mind seeing him come back frequently.  

• Love 2

I am very sad if Milius isn’t coming back; I liked them together, though I don’t know what we were supposed to think about him wanting a beer and her making him drink tequila.  I found that annoying. If I am Tennant’s daughter, I am a little miffed that I didn’t get a gift.  How will brother explain his new glove?  “Well, sis, remember when I stopped by the house the other morning?” . . .

• Love 2