Type keyword(s) to search

S2.E04: Ola Adebayo

• Start Topic

Ola wasn’t totally right for Marcus, and they shouldn’t have rushed into things even if she did have mold in her apartment. But they could maybe have worked it out if he didn’t have such a hang up about Mia. Still, she broke up with him fast.

On the other hand, Marcus needs to work on himself. Not having stuff in the apartment right after divorcing and moving out is fine. The same situation nine months later is not fine. It looks like he wanted a secretary/maid/sex buddy more than a life partner.

I wish Marcus had been shown to be right about some of his editing choices with Trae. Or even wrong. As it was, it was purely Marcus’ preferences, and he didn’t explain them at all. I’m sure editing literature isn’t a fun thing to put onscreen, but what little we got was unsatisfying for how insubstantial it was.

4 minutes ago, arc said:

Ola wasn’t totally right for Marcus, and they shouldn’t have rushed into things even if she did have mold in her apartment. But they could maybe have worked it out if he didn’t have such a hang up about Mia. Still, she broke up with him fast.

On the other hand, Marcus needs to work on himself. Not having stuff in the apartment right after divorcing and moving out is fine. The same situation nine months later is not fine. It looks like he wanted a secretary/maid/sex buddy more than a life partner.

I wish Marcus had been shown to be right about some of his editing choices with Trae. Or even wrong. As it was, it was purely Marcus’ preferences, and he didn’t explain them at all. I’m sure editing literature isn’t a fun thing to put onscreen, but what little we got was unsatisfying for how insubstantial it was.

Can't say I blame Ola for breaking up with him. Marcus was clearly uncomfortable with their relationship, and instead of telling her that, it manifests in erectile dysfunction. 

I liked Ola, and although that belt was ugly, and she probably should've noticed that it wasn't his style, they definitely moved too fast. When she said that she was "bringing a few things over from her house," as soon as I saw Marcus unpacking crates, I was like, oh, this is not a "stay at my place for a few days" type of situation. 

I don't hate Marcus, but he's frustrating. He's just...there. It's like you can project any personality on him and he'll go with it. 

I wouldn't have given Trae the time of day. That's just way too much attitude. Their working relationship is reminding me of Taye Diggs and Mos Def in Brown Sugar. 

1 hour ago, Sheenieb said:

When she said that she was "bringing a few things over from her house," as soon as I saw Marcus unpacking crates, I was like, oh, this is not a "stay at my place for a few days" type of situation. 

You’re right about that, but I guess I assumed dealing with black mold was a multi week situation.

6 hours ago, tomsmom said:

Guess this season hasn’t caught on. They’re putting up the last 4 episodes next Thursday.

I think that was always the plan. First week, they released the first three; second week, the second three; third week the remaining four.

• Love 1

I like that Marcus starts the season as a hot mess (in his personal life). Like this is the first episode where he's less messy, and still he hasn't got food in his fridge, and he can't tell his girlfriend when he's freaking out that they're moving too fast. I love that you can see him learning in his personal life, but that he has his professional life together so far.

He needs to get together with Mia so he can get over Mia or marry Mia. Mia is this fantasy at the moment.