Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: St. Sebastian

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, LoveLeigh said:

Good grief! 

Hide contents

Every cliche in the book. So predictable. Poor Billy, loyal right to his own doom. And Isaac can't get a happy ending either. The show is a real downer. 

How many more episodes do we have to slog through? 1? 2? Not only is it a downer, I see nothing here that couldn't have been  folded into a 90 minute movie. I kept thinking for sure Isaac was going home to confess IN THIS EPISODE! ... and Billy would get out of prison. but no, true to form this trash story is unfolding at a snail's pace.

If this mishegas goes into a second season I'm not watching. I'm sure there's something more enjoyable I can do with an hour on Sundays.

There are three movies so depressing they killed any desire in me to go out to see a movie: Ironweed, Barfly and Lorenzo' Oil. This may have done it for me as far as TV series go.

• Love 6

Lee is the worst bitch!!  She gets the lawyer to bring her along to the visit, then when lawyer asks, I think it was "Are you protecting someone," Billy looks at Lee -- who has carefully situated herself farther from the table where lawyer can't see her -- and she slightly shakes her head No.  So condemning Billy to Torture by Aryans. I hope she somehow pays for this!!!! 

• Love 10

Kudos to all of you who have been slogging through this mess, week after week.  I started recording it when the first episode aired, watched that, the second one, and part of the third.  I kept thinking that it would get less depressing, that something interesting would happen; but here we are.  I came here and read the comments to determine whether or not I should watch the episodes I haven't seen - and right now it's looking like "No".  I started watching for Maura Tierney and Jeff Daniels, but even their characters don't do anything for me; and the others are idiots.  

To me this looks like somebody tried to write a parody of "Mare of Easttown" (which I loved), but forgot to make it funny.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, MBayGal said:

Lee is the worst bitch!!  She gets the lawyer to bring her along to the visit, then when lawyer asks, I think it was "Are you protecting someone," Billy looks at Lee -- who has carefully situated herself farther from the table where lawyer can't see her -- and she slightly shakes her head No.  So condemning Billy to Torture by Aryans. I hope she somehow pays for this!!!! 

My thoughts exactly. How many ways can she figuratively and literally screw Billy. And I find myself fast forwarding through every scene with Isaac. Not because I am homophobic, but because I am bored and he just drags the show down. We could have seen two scenes wit him on the road and then last night when he reads about Billy and the show would be exactly the same, without the tedium he brings.  At least he finally bought a friggin bus ticket.

Looks like Del will finally do what he wouldn't do in Pittsburgh.

Next week the Season 1 finale. Does that mean we get no resolution?

• Love 3

Did Grace burn down her house just so the Chief would let her move in with him?  Her behavior with him is creepy!  

I think we will get resolution, but we won't like it.  I predict Isaac will return and confess, but too late to save Billy from the Aryans. 

• Love 2

I'm still slogging through this depressing mess of a tv show.  The torture is almost over - one episode left to go and I doubt if there is going to be a happy ending for anyone. 

And what is the deal with Lee?  What is her endgame here?  And Billy - man this kid is too stupid to live. All I can think of is that he got brain injured in a high school football game or something, because his life choices just defy all common sense.  

Isaac - I just can't even go there...

• LOL 1