Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: I Like to Be Hugged

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Despite predicting that child Chucky murdered his own parents, I literally gasped when he stabbed his own mother while hiding from his father’s killer in the closet. That whole scene was just a twisted version of Young Indy getting the fedora from the third in Last Crusade. Well done, Don Mancini.

Lexy as usual was the worst but even she couldn’t help being touched at how Caroline used Chucky to hug her. 

LOL that Chucky mistook Oliver for Lexy, then killed him anyway. “Oh shit, my bad…ah fuck it.” Classic Chucky.

• Love 4

This show continues to be loads of fun.  

Jake and Devon continue to have very adorable chemistry.   Thought the scene with Devin and his mom was really well done.   Yeah demanding your teenager stop seeing someone has a history of ending well.

Lexy continues to tow the line between being a villain and sympathetic.  She is a bully to Jake but her parents are complete assholes  to her.  

The house party she threw was on fire though….the fight scene between her and Chucky was hilarious.

Good to know Charles Lee Ray was always a psychopath.  

I think my favorite relationship though is between Chucky and Caroline.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 9
(edited)

The news says that Hackensack is a very safe city and Devon disagrees, I wonder who is more credible.

Jake should have let Chucky find his own knife to kill Lexy because somebody might have recognized it as being missing from Jake's house and having Jake's fingerprints on it. 

I am surprised that they have revealed Chucky's autonomy to the main character so early in the series. Maybe Lexy will make a more sincere apology to Jake now.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Love 1

So Chucky called Lexy the c-word, right? That’s the only possible curse that could have been bleeped on a show with 10 fucks per episode.

The flashback was actually a good tie-in to Chucky’s “kill or be killed” speech last week. He didn’t really give a crap about his parents obviously, but he certainly didn’t want to be killed by the murderer that broke into his house. Hence: “I helped.”

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

So Chucky called Lexy the c-word, right? That’s the only possible curse that could have been bleeped on a show with 10 fucks per episode.

The flashback was actually a good tie-in to Chucky’s “kill or be killed” speech last week. He didn’t really give a crap about his parents obviously, but he certainly didn’t want to be killed by the murderer that broke into his house. Hence: “I helped.”

I think there are weird connotations to certain words.  Unless your ears bleed at cussing the “f word” has lost all meaning. While words like c*nt  and f*g are highly contentious so they get bleeped.  

Love the flashback because it shows that Charles Lee Ray was never a good person even as a child.  He was always a psychopath looking for an excuse.  Which is a good reason for him hanging out with Jake.   Ironically he might be at the point in his life where he wants to pass the.uhhh knife as it were……”see one.  do one.  Teach one”. As it were.  He failed with his own son but he has a perfect pupil in Jake.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Jake should have let Chucky find his own knife to kill Lexy because somebody might have recognized it as being missing from Jake's house and having Jake's fingerprints on it.

Isn't the knife the one Chucky has been carrying all along, the one he stole from the yard sale and has been keeping in the pocket of his overalls?

8 minutes ago, Dev F said:

Isn't the knife the one Chucky has been carrying all along, the one he stole from the yard sale and has been keeping in the pocket of his overalls?

Yes, but Jake has been handling it quite a lot and the lady from the yard sale might remember seeing Jake there when it went missing.

Come back home to good old rock and/or roll, kids. Electronica/house/trance or whatever that was will be the death of you!

Lexy bugged out of her own party to go smoke a joint. I hope you learned your lesson, Lexy. Don't do drugs (at least not alone).

Little Charles is so adorable. Who wouldn't want to adopt that wee little orphan?

So that's how you escape a serial killer, kill one the people for them. I guess psycho recognizes psycho. 

I wonder if Lexi will believe Chucky's alive or think she hallucinationated. And will Oliver's death be covered up by the fire since Jake wasn't there. He also was at school during the housekeepers murder but these cops seem to only have him as a suspect. 

Cop mom is wrong Devon needs to keep being nice to Jake to stay safe. Lol 

Did those kids lose their sense of smell? You'd think they'd smell smoke. 

Caroline and Chucky make a surprisingly great pair. She has no reaction to a talking doll and Chucky seems to like her enough to invite her to her sister's murder. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Did those kids lose their sense of smell? You'd think they'd smell smoke. 

Not only their sense of smell but also their peripheral vision. That last one seems to be fairly common on tv.

• LOL 2
10 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Caroline and Chucky make a surprisingly great pair. She has no reaction to a talking doll and Chucky seems to like her enough to invite her to her sister's murder. 

I wish we had more scenes of them being alone together. It’s weird how patient and casual he is with her compared to how he’s treated the kids in the movies. Yes, it’s because he thinks he can groom her into a killer (not mention using her to get to Lexy), but he’s surprisingly good with interacting with her, considering that she’s on the spectrum. Of course that’s always been his MO: taking advantage of a lonely kid, pretending to be their best friend, only to use them for patsies or try to possess/kill them. He’s doing the same thing to Jake. The difference is he actually seems to like Jake and Caroline for their “potential.”

I was totally expecting him to be rolling his eyes during the “group hug” with Caroline and Lexy. That would have been funny.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, paulvdb said:

Not only their sense of smell but also their peripheral vision. That last one seems to be fairly common on tv.

That wasn't as surprising, kids today can be so focused on their phones or music they will not notice anything going on around them. But smell, that you can't turn off or not pay attention too. They'd also probably be choking on the smoke. But it's tv. They can only notice when the story wants them too. 

On 10/31/2021 at 1:35 PM, meatball77 said:

Lexi's sister is creepy.

Well, now, she’s on the spectrum so maybe that explains her lack of reaction about Chucky saying he’ll kill Lexy. And she obviously isn’t physically close with her family since she doesn’t like to be touched. But that doesn’t make her creepy.

In fact, I really hope Chucky’s not going to groom her into becoming a killer because the bias that autistic people are automatically prone to violence is trite and insulting. TV shows ought to know better by now.

• Love 2