Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Proceed With Caution

• Start Topic

On 10/4/2021 at 3:06 PM, Cini said:

I think if her father has a group policy for his practice, they could have Ari covered as an employee. She may be run as a  consultant or some such thing.

We probably all agree that she is not paying for whatever insurance she has.  She is selfish and immature. I don’t like Bini any better though, he’s a user. 

This is exactly how she has her and her son’s coverage 

• Love 1
On 10/5/2021 at 11:30 AM, Xebug67 said:

Ditto.  I was SO HAPPY that they weren't on.  I dread their segments like the plague.  Every time the camera zoomed in at the start of a different segment for a different couple I was praying, 'Please don't let this be Ecuador.'  There are times when it's somewhat difficult to guess which of the third world and/or crappy looking countries is coming up for the next segment, since this season we have Ecuador, Providencia, India.  Whenever I see monkeys in the street, however, I know that's Jenny and Sumit's segment.

With regards to Corey and Evelin, though not horribly overweight or anything, doesn't Evelin look a bit thicker this season?

Corey and Evelin.jpg

She looks pregnant to me

• Love 2

I'm barely 20 mining this chucklefest but nobody's mentioned Ari flying on an international flight and clearly NOT wearing g a mask. During a search pandemic where she hasn't had access to a vaccine yet in Ethiopia. But hey, let's remove our mask ON the plane so, yanno, you can get a cuter shot of your full face for the show. What a fucking moron. 

ETA: Janice asking an 8 month old 'Do you remember me from the video chats?' Yeah lady, Avi doesn't know what a fucking video chat is. Jesus Christ.

What's the deal with Ari's dad? He seems doddering and checked out.

I think it's beautiful that Armando wants to adopt but a baby? I do get that if Kenny is hesitant because he's 60, the kid would be 20 and Kenny would be 80. I get that, if that's the issue. And there are more older kids who need a home...

I'm loving Mother Alina and Alina going in for the kill like a pack of lionesses on weak male animal. I am here for it! Sadly, Alina will probably stay with the moron.

Sumit now wants to live a 'normal' Indian life? Now?!? GMAFB.

Edited by gingerella
On 10/4/2021 at 6:55 PM, magemaud said:

But she was supposedly employed by her father, so maybe she qualifies for health insurance through his practice? 

While that may be true, all policies require employees to be actively at work in order to be covered on the active employee policy.  Ari has been out of the country so long, and not working, that she should not be eligible for coverage unless she is covered under COBRA continuation. 

I'll bet her dad's insurance company is going to be looking at the eligibility of her "employment" quite closely.  He'll be lucky if they only rescind her coverage and not for the whole group.

• Useful 1
On 10/5/2021 at 6:10 PM, Rootbeer said:

There may be shenanigans going on, I agree.  It is hard to figure out how Ari could've managed to apply for and receive Medicaid for her and the baby, though, since they don't reside in the US; so someone has to be paying for it.

I’m 100% sure that she is still employed by her father, getting salary and insurance. Her salary is just enough to support her life in Africa and probably get some benefits in NJ

• Useful 2
On 10/18/2021 at 9:33 PM, Maximadc said:

I’m 100% sure that she is still employed by her father, getting salary and insurance. Her salary is just enough to support her life in Africa and probably get some benefits in NJ

Clearest and cleanest explanation yet, and I agree.

My unlikely theory was that she is still married to Leander and on his very affordable student insurance.  I suspect that her parents keep strong ties to him for their own benefit.