Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Ever After

• Start Topic

Yes, I totally agree on being tired of miserable / ambiguous endings for everything, and was glad for the most part the characters were each happier at the end.  But I was still annoyed that everyone retroactively decided that Masha's insane and dangerous methods were just great because they'd all managed to survive and learn important lessons.  And that Ben and Jessica were simply forgotten for most of the last few episodes and then

Spoiler

end up running Tranquilum, which just seemed stupid to me.    

• Love 2
On 9/22/2021 at 8:53 PM, SlovakPrincess said:

Michael Shannon and the other Marconi family actors were tremendous, but I felt we got so much of that family, and too little of Lars, Ben and Jessica (Frances, Tony and Carmel we probably got just the right amount of) over the series.   Needing to let go of their mourning and self-blame over Zach's suicide is good drama, but there's only so much time you can spend reiterating that theme before it gets repetitive.  

In general didn't try to compare this to the book but this is how I felt about the book, sort of.  9 perfect strangers is too many to be focused on in a book and everybody would have been better drawn had it been six or seven different strangers.  And whenever I say that people would ask who I'd cut and Ben and Jessica are easily among them because they had so little there there they weren't necessary for the book and  there was less there there for them in the show.

You know how once in a while you come across a show that is so great you really don’t want it to end?  This wasn’t one of those 👿

I did enjoy the credit montage and song. 😈

Edited by Lifesabeach