Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E18: Blindside

• Start Topic

Callie and Gael struggle to make time for each other; Mariana tries to redeem herself with the Fight Club Girls; Malika realizes there are other ways to help people facing incarceration injustices.

Air Date: September 1, 2021

They have Tommy's girlfriend reveal all that at the trial and then don't show the aftermath? I know it's not a legal show, but what a let down.

Callie. If you are in a serious relationship with Gael, his kid will sort of be your business at some point. 

I don't think that Claire needs to forgive or trust Mariana, but I am really glad Mariana is trying for the new job. She does deserve to be somewhere that her talents are appreciated. Hopefully she has learned her lesson about lying (and maybe about not mixing business and personal stuff so much). BB is going to crash and burn without her there to write all the code and save their pitch meetings. I can't figure out what the rest of them even do all day. Making Raj team lead back when they were at Spekulate was probably the best call, Claire does not seem that great at her job.

So Davia's an influencer, yet her Instagram was some secret to the school until now? I wonder if they are going to have her lose her job. Teachers have to be careful about social media.

I am glad Alice's showcase got saved, even if the sketches are all really lame. Am a little disappointed about Ruby.....I liked her.  And Alice should not get back with Sumi, didn't she break Alice's heart multiple times and treat her terribly?

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

They have Tommy's girlfriend reveal all that at the trial and then don't show the aftermath? I know it's not a legal show, but what a let down.

Callie. If you are in a serious relationship with Gael, his kid will sort of be your business at some point. 

I don't think that Claire needs to forgive or trust Mariana, but I am really glad Mariana is trying for the new job. She does deserve to be somewhere that her talents are appreciated. Hopefully she has learned her lesson about lying (and maybe about not mixing business and personal stuff so much). BB is going to crash and burn without her there to write all the code and save their pitch meetings. I can't figure out what the rest of them even do all day. Making Raj team lead back when they were at Spekulate was probably the best call, Claire does not seem that great at her job.

So Davia's an influencer, yet her Instagram was some secret to the school until now? I wonder if they are going to have her lose her job. Teachers have to be careful about social media.

I am glad Alice's showcase got saved, even if the sketches are all really lame. Am a little disappointed about Ruby.....I liked her.  And Alice should not get back with Sumi, didn't she break Alice's heart multiple times and treat her terribly?

If Callie and Gael move in together or get engaged or get married then I agree the baby will become her business but I think she's right when she says that at this point she doesn't have a right to an opinion on things right now- I think it was the right thing for Callie to say because she's respecting the fact that there's a boundary there and I agree your baby daddy's girlfriend doesn't get a say on the baby when you're pregnant.

Claire was a bit over the top- I understand that Mariana was wrong but Claire was just unprofessional and agreed Mariana deserves a lot better

• Love 2

This trial story is laughable and annoying. Why did they need a friend to tell them about the Instagram post? Weren't they already scrutinizing social media? If they were not, they should have been. Also, when the attorney said "were you flirting..." and "remember you are under oath" I rolled my eyes so hard it took me a while to bring them back to where they belong. Define "flirting"; "I don't know what you mean, I talk to my friends in silly ways all the time". Those are reasons for objection. "Flirting" is a subjective concept and the "perjury" threat was very soap-opera-ish.

I agree that Callie doesn't have a say in the baby business, but the way she reacted was a sign that she is not really as accepting as she thinks she is. And why are they making Gael to look like a saint? He is too perfect, too helpful, too much. I find it very unrealistic that any person would be 100% in after a one night stand, without any moment of doubt. So boring. But I get it, this is all to make Callie and Gael go their separate ways, so Callie can get back with Jamie, maybe open their own law offices. Legal Eagles shout out (I am so old!). Just wait, I am sure I am in the right track here.

Malika's and Alice's stories have expired. Malika is straight, she is poly, she is gay, she is bi. They are just throwing it all at once and having those half-developed plots. Alice is just going through the revolving doors of relationships.

The writers will have a hard time trying to convince me that Davia's students just now found out about the Instagram. How silly! I am not on instagram but I can find anyone who has a public account in a matter of minutes. And if this is a problem with the school, they should have asked, or hinted at this being a problem.

I don't know, i guess the writers are running out of creativity because the stories are getting really bad

• Love 2

These lawyers are terrible. They don't seem to conduct actual depositions where they find stuff out before putting witnesses on the stand. 

I actually understand why Mariana can't redeem herself with someone who she let down so many times. I am not sure she deserves trust or another chance after all that. But if she really is sorry and wants to earn it, leaving to take the job with the competitor is a way to show that making amends isn't really her priority, and she needs to own that and not continue to pretend she actually understood and had remorse for her past behavior, and wanted to make it up to them. Also, they really do seem to be grossly incompetent, plus the app seems so insulting-- do people honestly need to be reminded that they are running low on products they use every day and need to re-order? Maybe if BB was a subscription service, that autoshipped on a schedule until you cancelled, but they keep saying they send reminders??? At least they do seem to be starting to admit that it's more a marketing ploy for the brands, rather than a convenience for the consumers, but that's a total change in strategy from what they said before. Maybe this is why so many start-ups fail. But it irks that they seem to be headed in the direction of "Mariana is business competent, and the rest of them are not, so of course she should be given a pass for her interpersonal BS". They're making the rest of the women in her group look like children.

I laughed about "what kind of lesbians would we be if we didn't stay friends after breaking up?" It's a cliche, but it's not entirely without merit. I'm not friends with ALL of my exes, but....

I call BS on "fat girl" not realizing that people would judge her body, until her friend pointed it out. But I do hope she dances and doesn't let herself be shamed out of it.

The deus ex miscarriage seems like a cop out, but I'll allow it if it gets baby drama off my screen. Callie was right about it not being up to her, but wrong to expect it to be irrelevant to her and Gael's relationship. What happened to "I can do complicated?" On the other hand, Gael was wrong not to actually spend any time trying to think about including her or investigating what it would mean for their relationship, and then throwing it at her that she hadn't spoken up sooner. She was trying to do the right thing, just like he was, but it was pretty stupid of both of them the way they were not handling it directly. Still, people do have stupid fights like this from time to time. It's only on TV that it usually means the relationship is doomed because Callie wants to get back with Jamie, and the producers want Gael to go back to oiling up and taking his shirt off rather than playing daddy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, possibilities said:

and the producers want Gael to go back to oiling up and taking his shirt off rather than playing daddy.

Why is that so funny? It is just like the Callie's brother line about him, "Whose the demi-god in the backseat?"

3 hours ago, possibilities said:

Also, they really do seem to be grossly incompetent, plus the app seems so insulting-- do people honestly need to be reminded that they are running low on products they use every day and need to re-order? Maybe if BB was a subscription service, that autoshipped on a schedule until you cancelled, but they keep saying they send reminders???

Until last night, I thought it did auto-ship. But I have bought this customized shampoo online, and they already offer a subscription services that auto-ships. I would think most beauty products do. So does Amazon, where you can probably buy everything anyway. How is BB going to make money anyway? Getting a percentage of sales from their partners or something?

8 hours ago, circumvent said:

I agree that Callie doesn't have a say in the baby business, but the way she reacted was a sign that she is not really as accepting as she thinks she is. And why are they making Gael to look like a saint? He is too perfect, too helpful, too much. I find it very unrealistic that any person would be 100% in after a one night stand, without any moment of doubt. So boring. But I get it, this is all to make Callie and Gael go their separate ways, so Callie can get back with Jamie, maybe open their own law offices. Legal Eagles shout out (I am so old!). Just wait, I am sure I am in the right track here.

She doesn't have a say, but she obviously had an opinion and was refusing to give it, which would annoy me a lot in Gael's position. Maybe it was just the stress of her day, because until then she had been pretty accepting about things. Or maybe she was just in denial.

It's true that there are subscription services like that, and BB seems to be trying to go after a particular market of... I think they said sustainable brands? I can see how it might work to develop a marketing strategy to feature particular products that appeal to a specific market with a hook like that. I think it would be a thing where they get a percentage of the sales, so the manufacturers would benefit by the marketing and distribution aspect and consumers might enjoy the convenience of having their stuff be vetted to specific standards and then showing up on an automatic basis. But that doesn't match what they'd said about reminders, and also the BB women are SO BAD at marketing, and they also apparently don't code? So WTF? 

4 hours ago, possibilities said:

I think they said sustainable brands?

For one, there is no such thing. This whole app story is just a lot of talk and marketing, manufacturing supposed new needs and wants. Capitalism con. It is pure marketing: you see something, they tell you you need it, you buy it. It cannot be sustainable for several reasons, one of them being that it is *delivered* to you, meaning: there is fuel involved, coming from who knows how far? It would be one step towards sustainability if they were reusing the containers, but that is not the case.

I would be very happy to see the baby story go away too, but I don't think it will. And what is that with the parenting classes? Most people don't have time for that, they cannot skip work, they just learn as they go. I had to learn I as went when my brother was born and I was 10, because my parents had to work and they couldn't afford a full time babysitter. They talk about parenting classes as if it is vital to the child's existence. Please!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, circumvent said:

For one, there is no such thing. This whole app story is just a lot of talk and marketing, manufacturing supposed new needs and wants. Capitalism con. It is pure marketing: you see something, they tell you you need it, you buy it. It cannot be sustainable for several reasons, one of them being that it is *delivered* to you, meaning: there is fuel involved, coming from who knows how far? It would be one step towards sustainability if they were reusing the containers, but that is not the case.

I would be very happy to see the baby story go away too, but I don't think it will. And what is that with the parenting classes? Most people don't have time for that, they cannot skip work, they just learn as they go. I had to learn I as went when my brother was born and I was 10, because my parents had to work and they couldn't afford a full time babysitter. They talk about parenting classes as if it is vital to the child's existence. Please!

Regarding sustainability....I think they did talk about reusable bottles, but how the hell does that work? You have to deliver it in something. Maybe you send back your empty bottles or something? But then what do you use in the time you've sent your bottles back and are waiting for the refill? But really it is just a buzz word the writers threw in there.

Gael and Isabel have time for parenting classes because neither of them works full time. Gael has that internship with the artist, but it is odd hours and Isabel is unemployed. You have time for all sorts of stuff if you don't work 40 hours a week, just not much money to do it. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Regarding sustainability....I think they did talk about reusable bottles, but how the hell does that work? You have to deliver it in something. Maybe you send back your empty bottles or something? But then what do you use in the time you've sent your bottles back and are waiting for the refill? But really it is just a buzz word the writers threw in there.

You are absolutely right. It is a buzz word but not only from writers. A lot of the environmental groups don't really tell the whole truth because they wouldn't raise the money they rely on to keep advocating. Reusing is a great way to reduce waste, but you also pointed out the uselessness of reuse in this case. Sending the bottles and receiving them back is, by definition, unsustainable. It takes fuel for transportation, it increases CO2 emission. 

Basically the whole app enterprise is a way of getting into a saturated market, without adding anything new or important, but using a lot of deceiving concepts.

• Love 2

Speaking of delivering the products, if the app is supposed to be eco-friendly, it should probably somehow calculate the deliveries in a way that sends you a lot of stuff at once to save on packaging, but that doesn't fit with what they say about tracking how much you use and sending you new products at the right time - that sounds more like sending one product at a time, which is not eco-friendly. (I don't know about everyone else, but I always buy a bunch of products at once when the price is lower and to have them stocked for when they get inevitably discontinued.)

Since it is season finale next week, it looks like Callie will be once again torn between Gael and Jaimie and I am not looking forward to that at all.

4 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

Since it is season finale next week, it looks like Callie will be once again torn between Gael and Jaimie and I am not looking forward to that at all.

There is a preview on YouTube and it also looks like they went too hard on the court case, as if that is now the most important part of the show - and I am definitely not looking forward to 3/4 of the episode on that badly developed, worse written plot. And it also looks like they are not giving Constance Zimmer's character a nice farewell (purely speculative on my part) 

I stand by my prediction that Jamie and Callie will find themselves working together, probably in their own firm, and that Jamie will move on to "fighting for real justice" since Callie is light itself, such a source of inspiration to all living creatures 🤮

On 9/5/2021 at 8:10 PM, circumvent said:

I stand by my prediction that Jamie and Callie will find themselves working together, probably in their own firm, and that Jamie will move on to "fighting for real justice" since Callie is light itself, such a source of inspiration to all living creatures 🤮

While I wouldn't mind if Callie had some positive impact on Jamie, I hope this doesn't happen, as I think that couples working together is one of the worst ideas for a relationship. I wouldn't mind if they wrote Jamie off, he adds nothing to the show for me. And the only way I will accept if he and Callie get back together is if we see his parents' reaction to the fact that all of their kids are involved with Adams-Fosters at the same time. I would love to see his parents', especially dad's, reaction to that.

I cant believe we have to wait to get follow up with the bomb the girlfriend dropped in the courtroom, I know that this isnt Law and Order but I feel like they have to give us at least a bit of follow up unless its an end of episode cliffhanger. 

I am glad that Alice's showcase will happen, mostly for Alice's sake, as I really don't care about the rest of her workshop, who are shockingly not funny for professional comedians and spend most of their time whining. I am not thrilled that Alice and Sumi are possibly getting back together, Sumi might have come through for Alice on this, but Sumi has generally always been a selfish ass who treated Alice like crap and dumped her fiancé over a text message. They might be getting along great now but nothing has told us that Sumi wont do the same things again soon. 

Callie might not been obligated to have anything to do with the baby, but Gael was clearly upset at how thrilled she was at the idea of Isabella and the baby leaving the city for awhile. I don't think Callie is at all as cool with the baby as she is trying to act like she is...although they might be playing the miscarriage card anyway. I have suspected for awhile that they might have Isabella miscarry so that the show can have their pregnancy story without actually having to eventually add a baby to the show. I figured they would go this route or with Isabella fleeing with the baby after she has caused sufficient drama with Callie to keep this love triangle going. 

I am glad that Mariana finally admitted that she cheated on Raj, even if it was for self serving reasons. I always thought that it sucked that she never admitted that she cheated on Raj and never told him the truth, so at least we finally got some follow up. On the one hand, I don't blame Claire for not trusting Mariana, who has a long history of lying about big and small things and keeping secrets from the other women. On the other, Claire was really unprofessional, cutting down Mariana in front of everyone for trying to help, if Mariana is there is has to at least be polite even if they will never be friends again. Plus, the three of them would apparently fall totally apart without Mariana as they all seem to suck at pretty much everything, failing at even roping in one single vender without Mariana jumping in. No wonder Mariana is jumping ship. 

• Love 3