Type keyword(s) to search

S08: Ultimate Moments

Quilt Fairy
  • Start Topic

Heck, I'll post here. 🙂

I loved the Ultimate Moments.  I just wish they would have shown more of the earlier seasons.

I got goosebumps when they showed the winners at the end with their people.  Especially Alan and Sam.  I loved both of those guys.

I completely forgot who won the quasi-Alone season.  Maybe because it wasn't really "Alone."

I forgot how horrible Dave looked when they pulled him.

I loved how the lead-in said "This show has spoilers."

• Love 2

I forgot how much I liked Nicole from season two.

I forgot about Roland talking about "Rock House" all the time.  It looked like he had actually dug down into the dirt for the floor, similar to Theresa's pit house, I didn't remember that.  A lot of posters didn't like Roland, but he had a lot on the ball, he was a worthy winner, and he has actually stayed the longest in a season (100 days).

It was amazing how healthy and fresh Alan looked, especially after seeing Colter and Clay from this season.  The dude looked like he had just gotten out of hair and makeup.  I loved his response to winning, "All right, let's burn this place down".

Didn't care to see the animal killings again.  An unpleasant fact of life, I guess.

Sam was wittier than I remember.  I forgot how crafty Carleigh was.  And yeah, Dave looked terrible at the end.

• Love 5

I actually wish the episode had been at least two hours long, with a third hour for check-ins with past contestants. 

I forgot about Patagonia's Callie. She was one of the few who made everything look effortless, then finally said, "Eh, I'm done." And just left. 

I didn't enjoy the injury segment, particularly when blood was involved. Very dramatic though. 

• Love 2

It was interesting that my husband and I couldn't remember anything about the "not so alone" season.  All I remember is that we didn't care for it.  We totally forgot who won too. 

Some of the people they featured were those that tapped out early and I didn't remember any of them either.

I had to look away when they focused on open wounds.  I didn't remember those clips being so graphic on the actual episode but OK.

I loved Sam, the David that won and Alan and it was really nice to see them again.  I wish we could have seen more of them.

Crazy Dave with all those dried fish is still crazy (I have food, I can start eating at any time, LOL).  But then there was José who made an impressive boat but then also went a little nuts and did himself in.

Yes, on second watching Roland is still pretty darned impressive.

Yes, I remember Callie and being bummed when she tapped out.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

But then there was José who made an impressive boat but then also went a little nuts and did himself in.

I remember Jose going a little crazy.  What did him in though was his boat capsized, and he tapped out to prevent hypothermia.  Or maybe the incident broke his spirit.  I remember there was a little controversy over that, because he called to tap out, then showed the boat pick him up while he was still in the water.  Some said that showed Alone was staged, and others thought that the crew was staying close in case of just such an accident.

21 hours ago, rmontro said:

I remember Jose going a little crazy.  What did him in though was his boat capsized, and he tapped out to prevent hypothermia.  Or maybe the incident broke his spirit.  I remember there was a little controversy over that, because he called to tap out, then showed the boat pick him up while he was still in the water.  Some said that showed Alone was staged, and others thought that the crew was staying close in case of just such an accident.

If I remember correctly, the majority thought that he didn’t have the physical or mental energy to drag himself and all those wet heavy clothes from the water.  

I had forgotten abt a lot of these contestants, including the S4 pairs, except I remember liking the Father/Son who came in 2nd.  Pete was one of their names.

All, except maybe the douche brothers and Fowler- who won by default - were worthy winners.

25 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I'll never forget Desmond from Arizona.  He lasted 6 hours, even though he had emergency rations as one of his 10 items.

Maybe he would have lasted longer if they would have built a shelter for him.

• LOL 2

Roland is a complete a-hole. who goes hunting with just one arrow? He wasted so much time and energy on that stupid stone house that he couldn;t do a proper stalk, so he shot the ox in the butt and let it suffer for FIVE HOURS instead of trotting 10 minutes back to camp  for more arrows,  or use your boot laces to lash your knife to a pole and make a bola. Entangle the ox's legs and then stab it thru the neck and rip out its throat.