Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E15: Last Sons Of Krypton

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

There is, they are her step-brothers, alternate world, once removed.

They're nothing to each other currently. Given how the Arrowverse has been about doppelgängers in the past I'm sure the twins will immediately see her as their sister, which is fine because they're kids and Nat isn't a psychopath but a regular (and confused) kid like them and she's going to end up having that kind of relationship with them anyway. But they do need to not give in to the urge to act like the other shows generally because if they start going around saying that Nat is the twins' sister and Lois' daughter, when she isn't, then everyone is going to think that Lois cheated on Clark with Irons and there will be a ton of judgement thrown their way that cannot be easily explained. And I doubt Lois wants to be accused of something she didn't do.

If they do something like having Nat slip up and call Lois Mom then it needs to be in front of someone as a way for them to be brought into the secret. Like Lana. She overhears the slip up, assumes that Nat is the product of an affair Lois had with Irons years ago, confronts her about it and that's how they decide to finally tell her about Superman.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Maverick said:

I'm going to assume this is another Earth (with some similarities) until they suddenly try to link the shows up, at which point I will call bullshit.  

It's frustrating but the presence of Diggle and the post-Crisis rules about no more doppelgängers and each DC property being it's own Earth proves it's part of the Arrowverse. I agree the lack of Supergirl references are frustrating but that's what they chose to do and we may still get an explanation in story. 

9 hours ago, Maverick said:

They really need to stop the pretense this is set in the Arrowverse.  There's no way the goings on in the show--much less the tone--mesh with Supergirl.   Clark's having to tackle multiple rogue Kryptonians and he doesn't call on Kara or J'onn?   "Do you  think people will be afraid of Kryptonias?"  "You mean will they be afraid of me."  As in me, and not my cousin who's also a well known Kryptonian.  I don't think there's any benefit of them having to work into the Supergirl history (either pre or post-Crisis) so I'm fine with them ignoring it.   I'm going to assume this is another Earth (with some similarities) until they suddenly try to link the shows up, at which point I will call bullshit.  

To be fair, in its first season, Supergirl didn't call on Clark to help her with a squadron of rogue Kryptonian and other supercriminals. Even after the first season, Supergirl never seemed to pull Clark in when he would have been useful. But they acknowledged that he existed in that universe. fairly frequently.

Not entirely sure which approach is actually worse: Supergirl's acknowledging that there is Superman (with way more experience fighting this sort of stuff) yet not enlisting him, getting advice from him, etc.  or S&L avoiding bringing up Kara and crew when there would be an obvious reason to do so. 

• Love 1

Hopefully they were just avoiding it in order to not get the cannon muddled while both shows are still on the air.  Perhaps there will be more Supergirl mingling and connection next season, after Supergirl is over.  

ETA:  I don't actually know when Supergirl's last season airs/aired, I 'm just assuming production was going on for both around the same time.

Edited by ouinason
9 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I don't actually know when Supergirl's last season airs/aired, I 'm just assuming production was going on for both around the same time.

The final episodes of the final season start tonight.  Both shows were in production at the same time but COVID caused delays and Melissa’s maternity leave made for an atypical schedule. 

58 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Hopefully they were just avoiding it in order to not get the cannon muddled while both shows are still on the air.  Perhaps there will be more Supergirl mingling and connection next season, after Supergirl is over.  

ETA:  I don't actually know when Supergirl's last season airs/aired, I 'm just assuming production was going on for both around the same time.

Sorry to belabor things, but it seems clear that the issue was not of possibly screwing up canon or covid or other factors making it difficult to do a crossover.

As an example, in this final episode Clark could have responded to Chrissy's question about whether people might fear Kryptonians, "You mean like me or Supergirl?" No real effort required, no coordination needed, etc. 

It looks like early on someone asked one of the S&L powers and he mentioned that there was a scene that had Lois collecting a picture of her, Clark and Kara from her Daily Planet desk that was cut for time, and that it was just coincidence that there hadn't been a mention of Kara. 

If you buy that, I have a deed to the Shuster mines you might be interested in.

• Love 3

I don't follow the DC TV universe on the CW but a youtuber I watch said this was really good so I watched it and really enjoyed it. I like the family drama more than the supervillian stuff but it was all pretty good. I want to see more of Jordan learning his powers and being able to use them. I like the Smallville characters and the kids at school. Like I said, I like the human drama and family drama of this show most of all. 

• Love 4

Posting this here, as it seems to be the most appropriate:

I could just kick, no, I'm metaphorically kicking my ass for not watching this show or adding it to my DVR queue when it first premiered. I recall enjoying Tyler as Clark/Supes, but I think I was just burned out and so just decided after Arrow's series finale, I was done.

WRONG! This, as others have posted throughout this season, is the BEST Superman show ever, in like, ever! 

While I'm still ambivalent over Clark not being the last son of Krypton, because that's what I've always known when watching the cheesy 'toons as a kid, the animated series' and the few graphic novels and comics I read, some of this just gave me flashbacks to Smallville and marble-mouthed Calum Blue as Zod.

But, I digress. I can't add anything that others haven't already stated much more eloquently.

Oh, wait. Yes I can. I think it's utter, utter BULLSHIT that there was never any mention of Kara this season. It's because of her show that we got Tyler's Clark/Supes. And he even showed up as Clark/Supes, pre-Crisis AND Post. So, not buying Hebling's or whoever's decision it is for this big giant gaping hole. How difficult would it be to have a line or show a text or two?

Ahem.

• Love 1

While I like a few call backs (Lois using the psychic headband, John Henry’s hammer being powerful enough to take down a Kryptonian, etc.), did it all seem a little too easy to anyone else? And did the military lose half a dozen men (and women) and then just give up? Not only that, but they left Morgan Edge alive again! I get Supes won't kill him, but the military should.

I get Natalie Irons was surprised at seeing her “Mom”, but shouldn’t Lois have said something like “I’m sorry, no I’m not – I just look like her”?

I assume Jordan/Pa-Rho held back from crushing Jonathan’s throat because Jordan was holding him back.

On 8/18/2021 at 2:59 AM, scarynikki12 said:

Yay for a cleanup montage! Nice to see Smallville coming together. Lana still doesn’t trust the mayor though and she’s totally right.

I'm guessing she runs against him when he's up for re-election. It'll give her something to do next Season.

On 8/18/2021 at 3:13 AM, bettername2come said:

I didn't see the Jor-El funeral coming. It was a nice touch.

That was surprisingly affecting. It was so unorthodox (in a good way) to see Superman cry. He might be invulnerable to most things, but he can still feel.

• Love 1