Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E07: Semifinals 2

• Start Topic

JFC.  The way Akbar and Matt were carrying on, Joe Moravsky has one foot in the grave.  I did enjoy Matt calling him "Old Papa Storm Clouds," but the rest of it was just annoying.  I was happy that Moravsky won.  

Also, I must admit, I really, really, really do not care who the first mom is to do whatever.  Alex Morgan is a mom.  Allyson Felix is a mom.  Oksana Chusovitina is a mom (and just competed in her eighth Olympics).  Yes, Sandy is a great athlete and is in great shape, but dial it down.

I liked the "Jersey girl" who smoked the course on her rookie run and made it to top fifteen on her first run ever.  That was a nice surprise.  Great job, Rachel!  

I'm kind of bummed as this is one of my favorite guilty pleasures, but tonight was just boring.  On the plus side, I got a lot of work done while it was on in the background.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, SophiaD said:

Also, I must admit, I really, really, really do not care who the first mom is to do whatever.  Alex Morgan is a mom.  Allyson Felix is a mom.  Oksana Chusovitina is a mom (and just competed in her eighth Olympics).  Yes, Sandy is a great athlete and is in great shape, but dial it down.

Ugh, they're still carrying on about first mom? I missed it last night; will have to catch on demand, maybe tomorrow. (I saw a commercial with Allyson Felix with her daughter wearing a shirt that said "My mom is faster than your mom." 😊)

I like Joe Moravsky, though, so glad to see he won. (I really don't care about spoilers, obviously.)

• Love 2

For me, the highlight was that the editors put the first run on in toto.  I'll guess she wasn't the first to run, just edited that way.  Then I realized that one person had run and it took with commercials almost nineteen minutes.  That was a give away that not many finished the course.  

Cheers to the guy who caught the ring on his foot. 

The crowd scenes aren't as irritating as the split screen shots of family, friends, and someone they sat next to in vacation bible school in the third grade, but ALL wearing the same t-shirts.  Sort of takes the illusion away of spontaneous fans.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, SophiaD said:

Did anyone else cheer when she flamed out early? Maybe I'm just cruel, but I'm so glad we are done with her this season (although I wouldn't be surprised if she still gets mentioned a few more times).

Edited by eel21788
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

Did anyone else cheer when she flamed out early? Maybe I'm just cruel, but I'm so glad we are done with her this season (although I wouldn't be surprised if she still gets mentioned a few more times).

The more/longer they hype someone up for silly things the more I start to actively root against them. I used to like Kasey and Brent and then they became the It Couple and everything was about them and their relationship and eventually I was cheering when either of them fell. (And I blame the show, not them.) Come to think of it, there hasn't been that kind of focus on any other couple, that I can think of. I wonder if the powers that be learned their lesson when K&B broke up or if they just didn't have another couple willing to put their relationship out front like that. (Jesse and Chris get a little bit of "couple" focus but it's not nearly as bad.)

First Mom didn't bother me so much when it happened, but it's been like two years and it's still her primary identity as far as the show is concerned. Let it go, already. I'd rather they focus on her job and the importance of PE teachers in schools.

• Love 1

Yeay that Joe Moravsky was able to power his Lift Chair so he could stand upright and compete as The Oldest Man On Earth last night. I was half expecting his arm to detach on any given obstacle since he's so old, he can't have any connecting tendons still viable in that decrepit old body of his. What a MIRACLE! that he won Power Tower. Now we'll get to hear more about how ancient he is in future episodes. Forget Pom Wonderful, ANW needs to get Geritol as a sponsor if Old Joe wins the whole thing. Which I hope he does.

It was nice to see The Real Nick Hanson, even if he is out. He's one of my favs.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, eel21788 said:

Me too. Do we know who the first dad was up the Warped Wall? No, we don't. So I don't care about the first mom up the wall either.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Ciarrai said:

Do we know who the first dad was up the Warped Wall? No, we don't. So I don't care about the first mom up the wall either.

Considering that the warped wall has been around for well over a decade now and everyone has had ample opportunity to practice it prior to being on the show, it really isn't a huge accomplishment for anyone anymore.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/11/2021 at 2:29 PM, eel21788 said:

Considering that the warped wall has been around for well over a decade now and everyone has had ample opportunity to practice it prior to being on the show, it really isn't a huge accomplishment for anyone anymore.

Yeah, but to have been THE FIRST DAD !!! up the wall is history making. Surely there is a Wikipedia page for it, along with first DAD !! to hit the buzzer, ever.

• LOL 1
On 8/9/2021 at 10:00 PM, SophiaD said:

The way Akbar and Matt were carrying on, Joe Moravsky has one foot in the grave. 

On 8/10/2021 at 1:30 PM, saber5055 said:

Yeay that Joe Moravsky was able to power his Lift Chair so he could stand upright and compete as The Oldest Man On Earth last night. I was half expecting his arm to detach on any given obstacle since he's so old, he can't have any connecting tendons still viable in that decrepit old body of his. What a MIRACLE! that he won Power Tower. Now we'll get to hear more about how ancient he is in future episodes.

Omg I cannot believe that's the storyline with him now! He is only 32! If that's old, why aren't they calling Sandy Z the old granny since she's 44??? I guess if they are making such a big deal about Joe being old, that really tells you where they are headed with all of these teens being the focus. And I am not here for it. Again, if I wanted to watch a bunch of kids compete I would have tuned in to Ninja Jr. 

• Love 3