Type keyword(s) to search

S37.E00: Global Activation

• Start Topic

In case you didn’t hear, MTV will be running this preview special tonight, from 8:00-9:01 p.m. Here is the description from MTV.com:

TJ’s newest crop of global agents move into headquarters, where the twists and turns are already at play; agents catch up with one another at get to know their rookie competitors.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

Wish they didn't go with the spy/handler/agent theme again this year. It got real old by midway through last season so I'm sad they dragged it into this one. Also I know this is "Viacom and Beyond's The Challenge" now, but it's still a little weird to tune in and only see 5 Real World cast members out of a Challenge cast of 34!

It was amusing to watch the international cast discuss the Americans. It also seemed a lot of them did not understand the show they signed up for. As much as I usually find Kyle to be kind of a douche, I did appreciate him stepping up (literally) to explain to the cast what it meant after TJ gave them their mission. Maybe I just don't mind Kyle as much because Gabo is taking over the spot as the person who annoys me the most. Why does it feel like he's faking this "I don't know anything about this show or these people?" routine.

Amber B was in the preview, but she wasn't in either group that arrived at the house... did they just give away a big twist??

That one shot of CT in the aviators and green jacket though, dayummmm!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, shantown said:

Wish they didn't go with the spy/handler/agent theme again this year. It got real old by midway through last season so I'm sad they dragged it into this one. Also I know this is "Viacom and Beyond's The Challenge" now, but it's still a little weird to tune in and only see 5 Real World cast members out of a Challenge cast of 34!

It was amusing to watch the international cast discuss the Americans. It also seemed a lot of them did not understand the show they signed up for. As much as I usually find Kyle to be kind of a douche, I did appreciate him stepping up (literally) to explain to the cast what it meant after TJ gave them their mission. Maybe I just don't mind Kyle as much because Gabo is taking over the spot as the person who annoys me the most. Why does it feel like he's faking this "I don't know anything about this show or these people?" routine.

Amber B was in the preview, but she wasn't in either group that arrived at the house... did they just give away a big twist??

That one shot of CT in the aviators and green jacket though, dayummmm!

I'm guessing Amber B is a replacement for someone that got DQed out of the game.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'll have to rewatch on DVR or Paramount+.

Note to TJ Lavin. You will never be Anderson Cooper on The Mole. You will never be Joe Kelly (the host of the ill-fated revival). You're not even Ahmad Rashad. Enough with the "Handler" crap.

"Devin shares a car with Fessy and Josh. The car careens off a cliff. The driver jumps out in time, the others winds up too injured to compete. The End." Honestly, those three deserve each other. Devin is still thirsty to become the next Johnny, Fessy is nowhere near as humble as he thinks, and Josh is a straight-up dummy who will always be the show's punching bag.

Aw, they put the American Survivor players in one car. I'll probably have to look up who's who in that bunch. Tommy won his season, but Island of the Idols was a shitshow. Michele-with-one-L finished third on Winners at War behind Tony and Natalie. Michaela seems to be the top rookie on either side. Then again, shit happens . . . like Natalie getting bounced for a positive pregnancy test and Jay getting his bell rung by Rogan.

"You might know me . . . " Stop. I don't. I'm not jingoistic or rabidly pro-American. I just can't be bothered to do the research on the new foreign players. I'm guessing that the series has been marketed beyond North America, which means anyone in the world can watch The Challenge. That scares me.

Emanuel looks like he's gunning for the Jordan clout. Hence the hair style. Really, he should be paying Jordan royalties looking like that. Ditto that one girl with THAT laugh. It sounds so lifted from Revenge of the Nerds . . . and I'm guessing it's all her.

Apparently, the "World" players will be able to pick partners from the US side. It is funny seeing some genuine admiration for a lot of those meathead and drama cases. Also, I'm wondering if Tula is contemplating making a run for CT. #BTCT4Ever

It's so funny to hear last names freely used. When I was recapping, some of those were a bitch to find via mid-2000s search engines.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2

I’ve watched every season of Survivor since season 2 and I have no recollection of Tommy.  Was he a … teacher, maybe?  Regardless, not in any way a fan of Michele.  Michaela, yes.

Renan is a very hot gentleman.  However, he disappears when Kelz is in the room.  Most humans disappear when Kelz is around.

The Lavender Ladies can go out one-two thanks bye.

Nelson noooooooooo why????

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I’ve watched every season of Survivor since season 2 and I have no recollection of Tommy.  Was he a … teacher, maybe?  Regardless, not in any way a fan of Michele.  Michaela, yes.

Renan is a very hot gentleman.  However, he disappears when Kelz is in the room.  Most humans disappear when Kelz is around.

The Lavender Ladies can go out one-two thanks bye.

Nelson noooooooooo why????

Ugh, I’m not a Michele fan either. I don’t think the editors were fans, because I was still thinking “who?” at the finale. Even Probst said Aubry would have won if the jury saw all of her moves. 

• Love 2

I’m probably in the minority here, but I like that they have turned this into an international show. The most memorable newbies of the past few years have mostly been from the non-US cast members. The Big Brother US crew are giant bores with zero personality. So I’m excited for some of these newbies. I’m getting a ‘War Of The Worlds’ vibe with the international people picking US partners. 

I should say I don’t have an issue understanding their accents. I watch so many British TV shows that it’s normal for me. 

Edited by ImpinAintEasy
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, mojoween said:

One thing I did like was the insight of Faysal participating during Ramadan.  He’s still an ass, but now I am concerned about his likelihood of dehydration.

I did like that he showed a more personal side rather than the robot he comes off as.

• Love 1

Weird that they’d show this beautiful imagery of Croatia but wouldn’t say where the are.  I would think these countries which let them film there would want it publicized, to promote tourism.  I actually visited Alesund, Norway, which was featured a few season ago as the base for where they did this epic final challenge where they raced through a fiord terrain.  I didn’t even know about the plac until I saw it on the show.

Not a fan of BB, Survivor or these other shows so kind of rolled my eyes that they do these shows in Eastern Europe, Africa, etc.  I guess MTV, Paramount, Viacom are all part of one large media conglomerate so they’re cross promoting all these reality shows all over the world by using them as feeders for The Challenge?

But is there Challenge versions in other countries as well?

From the clips they kept showing of the season it looks like there will be daily challenges which cost more to set up, with vehicles including air and water craft so lot of challenges in the water, which wasn’t the case in Iceland.

But seems like spending more money on the dailies.  Also saw clips of hall brawl so the old standards as well, even though some of them are unimaginative and unbalanced.

I really liked this, if you're reading MTV. It gave me a chance to get a handle on the bigger cast before the show jumped right into competition. The old boozy first night is something we don't see enough on current seasons, in my old-timer view. 

Edited by AncientNewbie
  • Love 2