Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: These Boots Are Made for Putting

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

I loved this episode.  I liked all of the contestants too.    So Course Marshall Colin is married with Rob performing the ceremony?     I really liked the episode winner, and her conquest of Ho Ho Hole (formerly Pole cano), or whatever it's called.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

Glad she won! She seemed to hit the North Pole chest/hips vertically at the same time with her legs splayed so she was able to wrap around top/bottom before either half bounced away. That’s my take anyway.

Uranus: The first golfer got it in the “best” slot? I went for water, but heard Joe say it landed in Uranus and they were all excited, but then the second golfer got Duck, and the lie was almost the same. I think the first lie should be significantly better. Also, the dinosaur hole — getting across the ribs first doesn’t give them that much better of a putting position.

I wonder how extensive their testing is in pre-production. I know they wouldn’t have time to trash holes completely, but they should be able to tweak the rules and settings.

• Love 2

That one fellow at least tried my idea of running past one fish at a time. So good on him for that. It was also good to see someone beat the Pole Cano finally. Jumping into the Wedding Ring does take some planning since that conveyor belt is moving pretty fast. As for the flippers, it seemed like it went down when the player jumped onto it. I wonder if you could jump on the first flipper, then wait until it came up so you could jump to the next. Someone get on the show so you can tell me!

I guess Course Marshall Colin really got married? Who knew.

There were a couple putts SO CLOSE to going in, I yelled out NOooo! But at least this week there were no obnoxious players (and no Port-a-potty holes, my least favorite) so it was a pretty good episode.

• Love 3

It seems every season there’s one show that focuses a bit too much on Joe and Rob, and for me that was this one this season, plus I didn’t think they were up to their usual humor level.

I noticed even the woman who missed on the Polecano zipline did better than other contestants this season and wondered if something was tweaked on it this show.

• Love 1

Decent episode.  Agony of Defeat and Turfing USA seem to be a package-deal this season, similar to Diving Range and Buns and Weiners last year.  Good to have a week off King Parthur, though the Parcade and Putt-a-Saurus have both been used four times in a row and could be rested.  

More interesting is that next week is listed as "Family Night" - I really hope this means a special episode (like Australia did) and it's not just some obscure quote from the episode.

• Love 2

The trick with the conveyer belt is that you have to jump way earlier than you think. Most people end up pushing off of air. Beast Master on Netflix has the same conveyer and you can see that the only ones to make it start their jump at least 6 feet from the edge. Those that don't have the same fate as everyone on Holey Moley.

Since each hole is filmed at once I am guessing the other contestants are sequestered so they don't have an advantage of seeing how not to do an obstacle. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, lynxfx said:

The trick with the conveyer belt is that you have to jump way earlier than you think. Most people end up pushing off of air. Beast Master on Netflix has the same conveyer and you can see that the only ones to make it start their jump at least 6 feet from the edge. Those that don't have the same fate as everyone on Holey Moley.

Since each hole is filmed at once I am guessing the other contestants are sequestered so they don't have an advantage of seeing how not to do an obstacle. 

I actually think they may watch each other.  I'm not sure on that, but I'm not sure it would help too much and sometimes it does feel like a group of contestants does much better than average (like the women at Ho Ho Hole this week) so maybe that's why?  Of course that could just be by chance, but it's the impression I've gotten.  I also just can't see the producers of this show really bothering TBH lol.