Type keyword(s) to search

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023)

tv echo
  • Start Topic

I’m watching the movie now and I’m the only one who’s wondered if there is FOOD in the Quantanm realm? There must be if there are organic organisms living there but I used to think Janet was in homeostasis her time down there. But when I learned there were other beings it made so much more sense that she aged and didn’t go insane from the loneliness.  

On 4/30/2023 at 2:44 PM, Dani said:

Layers of ice cream and cake decorated like a regular cake. 

Yes that’s what ice cream cake is. Bottom layer of some type of cake, layers of ice cream (choose your flavor) and decorated like a cake with fondant or frosting. 

So I can fully admit if I hadn’t seen Loki I wouldn’t have cared much about Kang as a villain in this movie. With everything going on with Jonathan Majors does anyone know what the future holds?

I thought it would been better served spending more time on Scott adjusting to an adult Cassie and their relationship now, along with the citizens of the quantum realm. Of course I don’t want anything to happen to them but I didn’t have an emotional attachment to them. The beginning and end scenes were cute (of course people are going to mistake Spider Man for Ant Man- both have bug suits and both are white guys with brown hair, I’m sure that happens a lot!), but I think this movie suffered trying to be more than it was. The action scenes didn’t hold my attention. And I know they spent tons of money on them.

It’s probably going at the top of my bottom tier of the MCU films (my bottom tier include Thor 2, Iron Man 2, Doctor Strange). I probably won’t watch this one again. 

5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

The beginning and end scenes were cute (of course people are going to mistake Spider Man for Ant Man- both have bug suits and both are white guys with brown hair, I’m sure that happens a lot!), but I think this movie suffered trying to be more than it was.

While Scott was a known Robin Hood turned Avenger only a few in the MCU knew that Peter Parker was Spider-Man and from Bruce Banner back from space to the ordinary people it was just confused spiders with insects. Unless someone had a camera running when past Thanos attacked and they caught sight of Peter during  the MCU nanotech unmask at every opportunity he was never seen by those making the mistaken identification.

• Like 1
(edited)

From ‘Mario’ to ‘The Flash’: The Good, the Bad and the Meh of the 2023 Box Office (So Far)
By Rebecca Rubin, Brent Lang    Jun 27, 2023
https://variety.com/2023/film/news/box-office-2023-hits-misses-the-flash-super-mario-bros-1235654665/ 

THE UGLY
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

Opening weekend: $106 million
Current global gross: $467 million
Verdict: After scoring a trilogy-best debut, “Ant-Man 3” collapsed with less than $500 million worldwide, a benchmark that should be easy for Marvel. In turn, it’s one of the rare MCU movies to lose a lot of money in its theatrical run, serving as an unfortunate reminder that opening weekends don’t always tell the entire story. In this case, Paul Rudd’s Scott Lang fumbled the chance at happily-ever-after.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Read an Excerpt From Scott Lang's New Memoir ‘Look Out for The Little Guy’
BY SCOTT LANG    August 15, 2023
https://www.marvel.com/articles/culture-lifestyle/scott-lang-look-out-for-the-little-guy 

You know him, you love him, you’ve seen him both big and small, and now Scott Lang is adding “published author” to his ever-growing Super Hero resume. Look Out for The Little Guy, written by the universe-saving Avenger is coming to booksellers on September 5! Yes, a real book from Scott Lang! You can own it! 
The book is available for preorder with an on-sale date of September 5, 2023. Published by Hyperion Avenue, the hardcover adult fiction book retails for $26.99, ISBN: 9781368090131. Don’t forget to look out for the little guy!

Edited by tv echo

Edgar Wright Didn't Want Other Marvel Characters In His Ant-Man Movie, Says Editor (Exclusive)
By Russ Milheim  August 17, 2023
https://thedirect.com/article/ant-man-edgar-wright-movie-characters-marvel-exclusive 

In an exclusive interview with The Direct, Gran Turismo and Ant-Man editor Colby Parker Jr. revealed some new details about Edgar Wright's abandoned version of Scott Lang's Marvel Studios debut.
“His film, it was still heist film. But remember how we have three mains. I think there were, like, 15 people within the gang, the gang that was going to do the big heist. I remember I never got to see his script. But I remember hearing that once in discussions when all the big muckety mucks were in the room... [The heist] was going to be more of a collaborative effort and more of a 15-hander than a three-hander..."

(edited)

Antman and the Wasp: Quantumania got 4 nominations for Golden Raspberry (Razzie) Awards (which honor the worst of the year)...

Razzie Awards: ‘Expend4bles’ Leads Nominations
BY KIMBERLY NORDYKE    JANUARY 22, 2024 
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/razzie-awards-nominations-2024-full-list-1235803012/ 

Noms were selected in nine categories by Razzie voters, comprising “1,179 movie buffs, film critics and journalists from 49 U.S. states and two dozen foreign countries.” The “winners” of the 44th annual Razzies will be announced March 9, the night before the Oscars.
WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Michael Douglas / Ant Man & The Wasp: Quantumania
Mel Gibson / Confidential Informant
Bill Murray / Ant Man & The Wasp: Quantumania
Franco Nero (as “The Pope”) / The Pope’s Exorcist
Sylvester Stallone / Expend4ables
WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIP-OFF or SEQUEL
Ant Man & The Wasp: Quantumania
The Exorcist: Believer
Expend4bles
Indiana Jones and The Dial of … Still Beating a Dead Horse
Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey