Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E16: Power Of Veto Competition #5

• Start Topic

I thought it was interesting when Christine said she doesn't want Amber voted out. So, she's not altogether aligned with the other Detonators.

I didn't ever think she was. I think with both alliances it was just a case of her being in the right place at the right time. I feel like she goes along and does as much as she has to, to keep their safety, but was never as loyal as some of the other members. 

What would be hilarious is if this Team America challenge - to vote against the majority - ended up backfiring because Frankie and Derrick think they have the votes to evict Amber and it turns out if they vote to evict Jocasta there are enough other votes out there to save Amber after all.

That would be funny. Except I wish it were Victoria still on the block and not Jacosta. Jacosta is not my favorite by far, but I will take her over useless, whiny, delusional Victoria any day. 

• Love 1

Not that it's less annoying but I think Frankie's reaction seemed natural for who he is. He is extremely extroverted and some people react to bad news by turning it into the new plea for attention. I normally find people like that exhausting (and a person like that is the reason why I don't take a day off on my birthday anymore) but it seemed like a natural reaction for him to react by gathering the house around him to look at him sympathetically as he cried and wait for their cue to hug him.

It's -- at best -- annoying behavior but its what I'd expect him to do outside the Big Brother house, except he'd probably record a YouTube video so sympathetic comments can make him feel better.

Not that it's less annoying but I think Frankie's reaction seemed natural for who he is.

I absolutely agree. Considering the portion of Frankie's personality we've had the opportunity to see, it was totally natural reaction; expected, even. Frankie doesn't bottle up his emotions, and that's to his credit - he'll probably live longer than those of us "old school" types who were taught to bottle everything up. I am one of the old school guys! though, which I expect is why I empathized with Derrick's reaction more than Frankie's. And why I'm on medication for my blood pressure. :)

• Love 2

I absolutely agree. Considering the portion of Frankie's personality we've had the opportunity to see, it was totally natural reaction; expected, even. Frankie doesn't bottle up his emotions, and that's to his credit - he'll probably live longer than those of us "old school" types who were taught to bottle everything up. I am one of the old school guys! though, which I expect is why I empathized with Derrick's reaction more than Frankie's. And why I'm on medication for my blood pressure. :)

I was taught not to cry (and I'm a girl!) and I'm also on blood pressure medication.  But I just can't sympathize with the "look at me behavior" especially when it comes to something I think is personal and private.  I think his natural reaction is to look for public approval for everything so it might be a natural reaction for me, but some things IMO are made more special by keeping them private.  But we all deal with things differently, so I'm trying not to knock frankie, but just say that I have a lot of respect for Derrick in how he handled the situation.

• Love 1

Due to the stupid Verizon app fucking up and causing me to not be able to watch Bones reruns on TNT during the afternoon of my work day I pulled up the CBS app and watched last night's show again.

First, I have to admit this because we're all virtual strangers so you can't judge but I really like the timbre of Frankie's voice in his DR's. There is something about the way he talks that I enjoy. I'm so ashamed.

Second, Jocasta could not have been more annoying when Victoria was crying. Um, Jocasta. She's NOMINATED. Don't tell her how to act! She literally said "don't cry." Well that's fabulous advice. Thanks.