Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E22: Kiss or Get Off the Pot

Absolom
  • Start Topic

The Elite Team must end their losing streak, but they're competing against the Candy Apples on their home turf and in an effort to steal the win, Abby recruits a former Candy Apple dancer to do a duet with Maddie that will result in her first kiss.

There really are no words to describe this show anymore.  Christ-y is nothing but a true fame whore.  She is giving religion a very bad name.  Really, does she not have any self respect.  After the crap from last night's show, I have decided that I will not waste my time nor the space on my dvr on this show.  I really liked this show the first season or so, but this has sunk to the very bottom of the barrel.  I am still amazed that contracts are allowed to be upheld when a child is being mentally abused and Abby does abuse those children mentally.

There really are no words to describe this show anymore.  Christ-y is nothing but a true fame whore.  She is giving religion a very bad name.  Really, does she not have any self respect.  After the crap from last night's show, I have decided that I will not waste my time nor the space on my dvr on this show.  I really liked this show the first season or so, but this has sunk to the very bottom of the barrel.  I am still amazed that contracts are allowed to be upheld when a child is being mentally abused and Abby does abuse those children mentally.

The two shows last night could have been listed as double bill horror movie ticket.  They were that bad.

• Love 1

Cathy's kids deserved the duo and the group.  Chloe's fall should have put the group in 2nd at least.  I believe what Cathy said about Abby conspiring with the judges.

Cathy's duet definitely but the group results, even with Chloe's flop I could see.  Cathy's group was graceful and beautiful but Abby's group was much more raw and compelling to me.  Sometimes the darker, moody routines create a more dramatic image. Chloe has become a very powerful presence and when she and Maddie are on their game, the group routines are tought to beat.  I believe that there is speculation that many of these competitions are by and large staged for the show which could influence how the scores come out.  Abby has been banned by some of the legit dance competitions so take that for what it's worth.  She has also been seen on camera allegedly trying to get scores changed to favor Maddie or others.  It's hard to tell what's real and what's not.

Edited by cali1981
  • Love 1

I was shocked that the new team was no where to be seen on this episode.  So much hype about it then they disappear and it looks like they are not back next week.  I think Abby and TPTB thought the hype would help ratings but I think it hurt them.

I think the show has run its course.  That was one of the most dull and predictable episodes yet.  There is no humor left in yelling insults between Cathy and the others.  Who still cares about Gino and his father?  I was happy to let them go when the Miami show died.  It's become too obvious that these aren't real competitions and that whoever production wants to win for the plot line is who will win.  Finding out that they film multiple takes of the dance and then pick the one they want for the story line was the last straw. 

• Love 2

From everything that I've read, Cathy is not to dingbat that the show makes her out to be. She was offered a role to play and did it, in her own words, "with gusto".  The real villians here are Lifetime and the sleazy production company that runs the show.  You do what you have to make a buck but doing it by encouraging the pyschological abuse of pre-teens is pretty appalling.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

This show has pretty much run its course at this point.  Though I had to laugh at Abby's repeated reference to her appearance on DWTS.  You mean the appearance where every dancer in the building hated you and basically called out your credibility?  Yeah, good times.

Also I know Abby likes to take credit for all the "success" of Dance Moms over the past few years, but what she (and the producers) never seem to realize is what hooked people were the original girls.  Yes, a lot of it is fake and the moms are crazy.  But people became invested in Maddie, Chloe, Nia, Paige, Brooke, Mack, and Kendall.  Perhaps a few other girls here and there.  Paige and Brooke are gone.  Chloe already has one foot out the door.   Anytime you shift the show away from them, people won't care.  It's the same reason why DWM: Miami, Abby's other shows and etc. have failed.  I think it was just a lightning in a bottle thing where it hit people at the right time and all the attempts at recreating that aren't going to work.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 4

I was shocked that the new team was no where to be seen on this episode. So much hype about it then they disappear and it looks like they are not back next week. I think Abby and TPTB thought the hype would help ratings but I think it hurt them.

Major WTF. Major. She held the spectre of this all-star brigade over those girls for how many episodes? She beat them down emotionally, reveled in the "inevitable" loss (I don't believe for a moment those broken-hearted children we saw at the end were all acting)? And they're already functionally out the door?

Un-freaking believable.

Also I know Abby likes to take credit for all the "success" of Dance Moms over the past few years, but what she (and the producers) never seem to realize is what hooked people were the original girls. Yes, a lot of it is fake and the moms are crazy. But people became invested in Maddie, Chloe, Nia, Paige, Brooke, Mack, and Kendall. Perhaps a few other girls here and there. Paige and Brooke are gone. Chloe already has one foot out the door. Anytime you shift the show away from them, people won't care. It's the same reason why DWM: Miami, Abby's other shows and etc. have failed. I think it was just a lightning in a bottle thing where it hit people at the right time and all the attempts at recreating that aren't going to work.

Bingo. We watch in spite of the witch. Keep chasing off the real reasons many/most of us watch and watch the (continued) exodus. Blame no one but yourselves. Edited by RealityCowgirl

I must say I was relieved that in both duets the boys were wearing shirts... I find it awkward when they aren't.

Hands down the candy apple duet was better, the dancers were more mature, the boy was clearly stronger and able to lift his partner, unlike Gino. I'm not saying that he's not good, or even strong, but him and maddie seem to be roughly the same size and build... While the other partners were also similar size and build, it was a more muscular size and build... If that makes any sense. Also, Gino got blamed for the "loss" but maddies faces were off from her normal in my opinion... It seemed like she was looking down or away.

I agree with orininal Christi, when did anyone say anything about adding a team member that Gino's dad and Sarah's mom seem to be vying for?

Add me to the list that finds it uncomfortable that Abby felt the need to assert her power in orchestrating maddies first kiss.

• Love 2

Add me to the list that finds it uncomfortable that Abby felt the need to assert her power in orchestrating maddies first kiss.

She did the same kind of thing with Brooke and forcing her to go on a date with the boy from the studio a few seasons ago. 

They did win. The group came first, and duet came 2nd.

Yes, but I still figured Abby would jump down Chloe's throat for falling anyway, cause winning isn't enough for her if the routine isn't "perfect" (which, news flash, it never is).

• Love 1

I think it shows how manipulative Abby is when she keeps going on and on about the girls being bad sports, when she's the one who drills in their head "second is the first loser" of course they were upset, they were probably scared of what's going to come than actually being sad about the "loss" (I don't consider 2nd losing). All they ever see modeled is bad behavior. And also someone needs to tell Christy there is a such thing as being a sore winner... She kept talking about coming off of a win, I wouldn't be so braggy, sarah was the weak link that was always a half second behind... So them winning was in spite of her not neccessarily with her help.