Type keyword(s) to search

Heels - General Discussion

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Manifest, Chicago Fire, Heels, Grey's, The Flash, The Rookie, Magnum P.I. and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 3 2023
https://tvline.com/lists/chicago-fire-stellaride-marriage-spoilers-taylor-kinney-absence/ 

Spoiler

Can we get ANY tease for Heels?? — Victoria
I was sure to ask Stephen Amell about Season 2 of the Starz wrestling drama (arriving this summer), after talking to him about his upcoming visit to The Flash. He shared that “we definitely have CM Punk more involved” in Season 2, as DWL wrestler Ricky Rabies. Amell also teased that when(ever) the Season 2 trailer drops, “you’ll see two very familiar faces, one of which I think Arrow fans will be very excited about.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1

Interview: Stephen Amell on Arrow, Heels and being surprised by his own career success
Peter Gray  April 14, 2023
https://www.theaureview.com/watch/interview-stephen-amell/ 

And now you’re starring in the show Heels, where you get to bring in your wrestling background.  Was that always an ambition of yours to merge those two passions together?  Was it a surprise or did it happen quite organically?
(Laughs) It came as a complete surprise!  I was shooting the final season of Arrow, and I was preparing to take a really big break.  I was tired, because it was hard, and my manager called me and asked me to read this script (for Heels) because there was an offer coming.  I wasn’t going to do it.  I wasn’t going to sign up to another TV show (laughs), and my manager knew that but I read it (anyway), and about 10 minutes in I was, like, “Fuck!” (Laughs).  I had to do this.  And here we are, and I’m very, very proud of what we’ve done on Heels.
Is there anything we should be looking out for regarding the next season of Heels?
Nope (laughs).  I can’t talk about it yet.

From March 25...

Stephen Amell Q&A - GalaxyCon Richmond 2023
GalaxyCon   posted Apr 21, 2023

-- SA: "... And before the world of Heels, you know, I knew - I knew - as big a wrestling fan as I am, and I am, I knew very little about the promotions in the South and the independent circuit. So I knew very little about the Jack Spade of it all."

-- On Jack Spade's dream WrestleMania opponent, SA: "Maybe Triple H."

-- On when the second season of Heels will be released, SA: "So I just saw the trailer for the second season. It should be out imminently. And with that, there will be a date attached to it. I feel like I'm about a week away from being able to actually give people information. ... The trailer's really good."

Edited by tv echo

Flash Guest-Star Stephen Amell Unpacks Oliver Queen's Greatest Hits in the Arrowverse
BY BRYAN CAIRNS    PUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO
https://www.cbr.com/flash-stephen-amell-interview/ 

Looking ahead, any updates on the Code 8 movie or the second season of Heels?
The update is both should have updates very soon. Code 8 is almost done. It should be delivered to Netflix. That's happening imminently if it hasn't already. We anticipate releasing a trailer and a second season of Heels very soon.

‘Arrow’ Icon Stephen Amell Shoots Straight About His Return to ‘The Flash’
Damian Holbrook   April 25, 2023
https://www.tvinsider.com/1090543/the-flash-season-9-stephen-amell-return-oliver-queen-spectre-arrow/ 

And what is up with Heels? Have they given you any idea about Season 2?
Yes. I’m not really allowed to share anything, but…I would anticipate a summer release.

• Useful 1
(edited)

STEPHEN AMELL CONFIRMS INVOLVEMENT IN A NEW WWE PROJECT
STEVE CARRIER ON JUNE 6, 2023
https://www.ringsidenews.com/2023/06/06/stephen-amell-confirms-involvement-in-a-new-wwe-project/ 

Amell revealed that he has been involved in an upcoming WWE project, and they are considering various avenues for promoting the second season of his show Heels on STARZ. With the project’s release aligning with the premiere of Heels’ second season, Amell mentioned the possibility of working with AEW due to his connection with CM Punk. However, he also acknowledged his involvement with WWE, creating a dilemma of choice between the two promotions.

“We have talked about various avenues for promoting the second season of the show (Heels on STARZ) and obviously, we’re a little less than two months away from it coming out so we still have a little bit of time but, we’re kicking around some ideas.”

“I mean obviously, if Cody was still with AEW, it’d be pretty cut and dry that we’d do something with AEW. Now I’ve got Phil, CM Punk, who’s on the show with AEW, we got Cody back in WWE.”

“So, I have a connection with Phil, I have a connection with Cody. I haven’t done anything with AEW. I’ve done stuff with WWE.”

“AEW feels like it might be a little bit more of a natural path right now but I also am involved in a project for the WWE that comes out right around the same time as the second season of Heels comes out so it’s like, I don’t know. These are champagne problems.”

STEPHEN AMELL SAYS CM PUNK WILL HAVE HEAVY INVOLVEMENT IN ‘HEELS’ SEASON 2
SUBHOJEET MUKHERJEE     JUNE 7, 2023
https://www.ringsidenews.com/2023/06/07/stephen-amell-says-cm-punk-will-have-heavy-involvement-in-heels-season-2/ 

“He will have heavy involvement in the second season. Yeah, I’m excited to have him come back. I mean, obviously there’s a little bit of drama and stuff like that, but the reason that he’s been away for as long as he has been was because he tore his tricep tendon,” Amell said. “Which is, believe me, he and I are either roughly the same age. He might be a little older than I am. I might be a bit older than him, actually. I’m not sure. But I also know how things are healing at my age versus how they healed in my early 20s. So he’s taking his time. We worked out on Thursday. It’s leg day. I’m still sore.”

Edited by tv echo

From Phoenix Fan Fusion on June 4....

Matt’s Inside Line: Get Scoop on Walker, Heels, Fire Country, Good Trouble, La Brea, an MIA CW Series and More!
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH     JUNE 8, 2023
https://tvline.com/lists/walker-season-4-spoilers-finale-cliffhangers/ 

Spoiler

Any scoop on Starz’s Heels? Anything about Crystal?? –Victoria
When Season 2 (finally) kicks off on July 28, you will see that women of this world are in many ways leading the charge. Crystal (played by Kelli Berglund), now with a more prominent role in the DWL, will be dealing with the patriarchy in a controversial way, Willie (Mary McCormack) will steer the league’s strategy in bold directions, and Staci (Alison Luff) will really hold Jake (Stephen Amell) to the fire this season.

• Useful 1
(edited)

From the SDCC programming schedule (all times are PDT)...

https://comiccon2023.sched.com/event/1OXIh/heels-season-2-preview 

Saturday, July 22 • 11:15am - 12:15pm

Heels Season 2 Preview
Michael Waldron, Stephen Amell (Arrow), Alexander Ludwig (Vikings) Alison Luff (New Amsterdam), Mary McCormack (Deep Impact, The L Word), Kelli Berglund (The Goldbergs, The Animal Kingdom), Allen Maldonado (House Party, The Wonder Years), and Chris Bauer (Survivor’s Remorse, True Blood) discuss Heels, the small-town sports drama series based on a wrestling league in rural Georgia. It is a story about the men and women who chase their dreams in the world of small-town pro wrestling as two brothers and rivals, Jack Spade (Amell) and Ace Spade (Ludwig), are at war over their late father’s legacy while working to find their identity and their individual versions of success.

https://comiccon2023.sched.com/event/1Okii/heels  

Saturday, July 22 • 2:15pm - 3:15pm

Heels
Stephen Amell (Arrow), Alexander Ludwig (Vikings), Kelli Berglund (The Goldbergs, The Animal Kingdom), Allen Maldonado (House Party, The Last O.G.), Chris Bauer (Survivor's Remorse, True Blood) AJ Mendez (WWE)

Limited Signing - Must have wristband from Exclusive Signing Portal Drawing to enter queue

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Heels: Stephen Amell & Alexander Ludwig on Self-Reflection and Jumping Back in the Ring for Season 2
CBR Presents   Jul 10, 2023

Stephen Amell and Alexander Ludwig Talk HEELS Season 2, AJ Lee
WrestleZone   Jul 10, 2023

S02.E01: Ten-Bell Salute
yEKg2oB9v4o1f4kkmd4aJ6VtAno.jpg
After the DWL's successful South Georgia State Fair showing, Ace is left reeling from Jack's revelation to him in the ring. He flees Duffy, leaving his brother behind to reflect upon the tragedy of their father's death.

Premiere Date: July 28, 2023    Starz      10pm 

• Like 1

Nice episode. Glad the show is back but damn it's been more than a minute.

I liked the flash back on what happened to King Spade, Ace getting into wrestling and Crystal being a fan.  

I disliked how they all hate the fact that Crystal got the belt though she freaking deserved it. 

I hope that Charlie Gully gets his at some point.  

The letter that King Spade left for Jack was sad. And Jack failed his father as well as brother.

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

What did the letter say? I couldn’t make it out. 

Jack,

take care of Ace.

Dad

Edited by juno
  • Thanks 1

S02.E02: The Journey Is the Obstacle
a0bl7StrQvdf4r4c4C4eFVUuOAX.jpg
Ace begins what he hopes will be his journey of spiritual awakening; back in Duffy, the collective elation from the South Georgia State Fair is fading fast; the financial vultures are circling after the DWL's success.

Premiere Date: August 4, 2023    Starz      10pm 

On 8/4/2023 at 7:14 PM, AnimeMania said:

S02.E02: The Journey Is the Obstacle

Ace begins what he hopes will be his journey of spiritual awakening; back in Duffy, the collective elation from the South Georgia State Fair is fading fast; the financial vultures are circling after the DWL's success.

Premiere Date: August 4, 2023    Starz      10pm 

Happy that Crystal got the belt.  As someone who's phone drains power within a day, where would Ace recharge his phone? And did he fall and hurt himself? I couldn't tell.

S02.E03: Discord
e8dc115cd4cceb964e9d57cc9ae857dd.jpg
Jack goes on the road to find Ace. The DWL has been left in the hands of Willie, who uses the opportunity to start developing a women's division with Crystal. Gully comes to town with an offer the DWL can't refuse.

Premiere Date: August 11, 2023    Starz      10pm 

S02.E04: Heavy Heads
22bb2e1407aeea0595d39f92c9ee716c.jpg
Ace returns to Duffy determined to leave the DWL and wrestling behind. Crystal worries about her first women's division bout. As things with her and Bobby-Pin start heating up, Jack contends with a still-smarting Gully.

Premiere Date: August 18, 2023    Starz      10pm 

This show just gets better every week. The character depth is done so well as you can see Jack struggling with trying to be a better person. Writing and acting is so good.

Everyone should be watching it.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 8/18/2023 at 7:53 PM, AnimeMania said:

S02.E04: Heavy Heads
22bb2e1407aeea0595d39f92c9ee716c.jpg
Ace returns to Duffy determined to leave the DWL and wrestling behind. Crystal worries about her first women's division bout. As things with her and Bobby-Pin start heating up, Jack contends with a still-smarting Gully.

Premiere Date: August 18, 2023    Starz      10pm 

What an episode. What an ending!

Rooster continues to be a dick and well as Gully.

I thought Willie had her hand in the till but she and Jack are paying someone off and we and his wife don't know the reason!

And Ace makes a comeback!

• Like 2

S02.E05: Who the Hell Is the Condamned?
07c898974dced954b50974d547ee38c7_706x397
A mysterious new wrestler surges in popularity in Duffy, igniting Gully's ire. He demands the DWL make an appearance at Florida Wrestling Dystopia to make amends. Jack asks Staci to take on more responsibility at the Dome, where she starts raising alarms and clashing with Willie.

Premiere Date: August 25, 2023    Starz      10pm 

On 8/25/2023 at 6:53 PM, AnimeMania said:

S02.E05: Who the Hell Is the Condamned?
07c898974dced954b50974d547ee38c7_706x397
A mysterious new wrestler surges in popularity in Duffy, igniting Gully's ire. He demands the DWL make an appearance at Florida Wrestling Dystopia to make amends. Jack asks Staci to take on more responsibility at the Dome, where she starts raising alarms and clashing with Willie.

Premiere Date: August 25, 2023    Starz      10pm 

Things are really picking up.

There has to be more to the story than Tom's old debts. 

Gully desperately needs a kayefab writer.  I don't know how he's gotten so wealthy without one.  He sucks otherwise. Well he and Rooster suck overall.  I can see Rooster isn't happy but he likes the attention and mostly the money.

I thought Bobby Pin had a wife? Maybe I am mixing him up with someone else.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, greekmom said:

Things are really picking up.

There has to be more to the story than Tom's old debts. 

Gully desperately needs a kayefab writer.  I don't know how he's gotten so wealthy without one.  He sucks otherwise. Well he and Rooster suck overall.  I can see Rooster isn't happy but he likes the attention and mostly the money.

I thought Bobby Pin had a wife? Maybe I am mixing him up with someone else.

Big Jim has a wife/new baby daughter (Ace is the godfather).  Bobby Pin has been pining after Crystal, no other relationships that we have been shown with him.  I get the two of them mixed up a lot as they have very similar sizes and hair.  When I see them next to each other or in the same scene, I can tell them apart no problem.

Is Crystal only going to be part of the Florida team long enough for the crossover match, or is it permanent? Bobby Pin will not like that when he was finally making progress in their relationship.

I told my SO that I fully expect, maybe not until third season, for Stacy to become a female DWL wrestler.

I too am curious about how effed up King Tom left the DWL and its finances in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, yourdreamer said:

Big Jim has a wife/new baby daughter (Ace is the godfather).  Bobby Pin has been pining after Crystal, no other relationships that we have been shown with him.  I get the two of them mixed up a lot as they have very similar sizes and hair.  When I see them next to each other or in the same scene, I can tell them apart no problem.

Is Crystal only going to be part of the Florida team long enough for the crossover match, or is it permanent? Bobby Pin will not like that when he was finally making progress in their relationship.

I told my SO that I fully expect, maybe not until third season, for Stacy to become a female DWL wrestler.

I too am curious about how effed up King Tom left the DWL and its finances in.

Thanks. I get them confused as well.

I think Crystal is only doing this for the cross promo. I don't see her defecting from Team Spade as long as they treat her decently. 

I don't see Stacy actually wrestling.  She doesnt seem the type. I can see her assisting Willa or playing valet. 

• Like 1
On 8/28/2023 at 1:53 PM, greekmom said:

Gully desperately needs a kayefab writer.  I don't know how he's gotten so wealthy without one. 

Gully made his fortune in something and then decided to buy wrestling league.with part of his fortune.

6 hours ago, greekmom said:

I think Crystal is only doing this for the cross promo. I don't see her defecting from Team Spade as long as they treat her decently. 

Gully has a woman's division, so until DWL establish their own, she is going to work with Gully's to build her skills and get regular matches rather than just doing promos.

Tom was sketchy as hell, played favorites with his sons, had to be the Face of the DWL, was really bad at business and then killed himself with Ace still in the house when it happened. I know this show is called Heels but I am waiting for the flashback that shows when/how Tom decided that Jack had to be the Heel.

• Like 4

S02.E06: Appearances

c4d2a183a433a1d968fd3195c9ab2b23_706x397

Jack, Ace, and Staci prepare for a potentially life-changing meeting for a primary spot in the programming of new streaming service Continuum. Willie and Wild Bill think back on an exciting time in the DWL’s infancy, when a young Tom Spade faced a similar opportunity.

Premiere Date: September 1, 2023    Starz      10pm 

• Like 1

S02.E07: The Things that Matter

g47UnBXx9m6JMHru4KXigEKR62R.jpg

In the wake of The Condamned’s growing popularity, Ace begins to lose himself in the myth of his character. The Dome prepares for a chance to further woo Continuum, with Wild Bill hoping to inspire the troops. Meanwhile, Staci digs further into the Dome’s sordid secrets, threatening to expose the crimes of DWL past.

Premiere Date: September 8, 2023    Starz      10pm 

• Like 1

S02.E08: High Flying
(Season Finale)

dKonixEEXJLAbaXYGsTGrZhhFbR.jpg

The cross-promotion event is here! Everything culminates with Harmageddon: DWL versus Dystopia. It’s all on the line for the Dome. Can Jack and Ace forgive each other, right their wrongs, and stick to their Gully-approved script? Or will it all fall apart in the ring yet again?

Premiere Date: September 15, 2023    Starz      10pm 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

S02.E08: High Flying
(Season Finale)

dKonixEEXJLAbaXYGsTGrZhhFbR.jpg

The cross-promotion event is here! Everything culminates with Harmageddon: DWL versus Dystopia. It’s all on the line for the Dome. Can Jack and Ace forgive each other, right their wrongs, and stick to their Gully-approved script? Or will it all fall apart in the ring yet again?

Premiere Date: September 15, 2023    Starz      10pm 

Damn.

This was.. wow.

Guess that was the season finale?

• Like 1

Just finished the finale. Some thoughts on another incredible ending.

I hope Jack has a temporary injury but he may have a stinger or a spinal fracture. Gulley is going to be a bit surprised when he finds out that the shoot was caused by a real injury. Even then he may be pissed as he always seems to be.

I don't like Willie and it won't surprise me to see her doing damage to Jack. I liked her only a bit this season with her support of Crystal.

I like how Wild Bill had some closure with Jack. Sad that he may be having a heart attack and may die. What happens to the $400,000.00 + he loaned to Jack.

Ace is at crossroads and looks like he may quit wrestling all together.

I love Crystal and I think all her success is great.

The merger is going to change everything and will create great storylines.

Hope there is a season 3.

• Like 2
On 9/16/2023 at 12:11 PM, juno said:

Just finished the finale. Some thoughts on another incredible ending.

I hope Jack has a temporary injury but he may have a stinger or a spinal fracture. Gulley is going to be a bit surprised when he finds out that the shoot was caused by a real injury. Even then he may be pissed as he always seems to be.

I don't like Willie and it won't surprise me to see her doing damage to Jack. I liked her only a bit this season with her support of Crystal.

I like how Wild Bill had some closure with Jack. Sad that he may be having a heart attack and may die. What happens to the $400,000.00 + he loaned to Jack.

Ace is at crossroads and looks like he may quit wrestling all together.

I love Crystal and I think all her success is great.

The merger is going to change everything and will create great storylines.

Hope there is a season 3.

Great thoughts.

I am in the same boat about Jack. Gully is an ass and I hope that Continuum buys out Dystopia and then fires him and keeps Jack as creative.

I don't understand Willie.  First, did she EVER ask Jack that she can be creative input?  I know she probably asked Tom and he probably said no but Willie never approached Jack in my memory.  She knows alot of shady crap that Tom has done to keep the DWL going. Again, did she go to Jack with this when he took over and told him? Again, I don't think so. At least not the full story.

I hope Crystal can continue to shine.  Wild Bill loaned all that money to Tom not Jack.  Again, I don't think Jack knows but does Willie?

Hopefully we do get a season 3 but it took forever for season 2 and with the writers and actors strike that now has surpassed 4 months, I don't think we will see anything for the next 2 years plus. 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, greekmom said:

Wild Bill loaned all that money to Tom not Jack.  Again, I don't think Jack knows but does Willie?

Loaned? Bill gave that money knowing that Tom would be unable to ever pay that back. He also kept quiet how he had been helping Tom over the years even when Carol tore into him about never being there when she told him that Tom killed himself.

• Like 3
On 9/17/2023 at 11:59 PM, nilyank said:

Loaned? Bill gave that money knowing that Tom would be unable to ever pay that back. He also kept quiet how he had been helping Tom over the years even when Carol tore into him about never being there when she told him that Tom killed himself.

ok then "loaned" (in quotes).

Anyhoo.... no word on a renewal for season 3. Doesn't look promising.

2 hours ago, greekmom said:

ok then "loaned" (in quotes).

Anyhoo.... no word on a renewal for season 3. Doesn't look promising.

Did you hear something? I have not heard anything. There were some good reviews for the season.

It really deserves a third season.

• Like 1