Type keyword(s) to search

Star City News

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

Go to article to see cute pics of his adorable daughters...

Colin Donnell Talks Joys of Being a Girl Dad Twice Over: 'Parenthood Changed Everything for Me' (Exclusive)
By Dave Quinn and Julia Moore  November 24, 2023
https://people.com/colin-donnell-being-a-girl-dad-two-times-over-is-the-best-8385159 

The Chicago Med alum, 41, tells PEOPLE that his family life is "the best," raving about his two daughters, Cecily, 3, and 7-month-old Lorelai, whom he shares with wife and fellow actor Patti Murin. 

"They're just the greatest," gushes Donnell, who wrapped up his run in Broadway's The Shark Is Broken earlier this month. "I cannot imagine my life anymore without being a dad. It's just.. they're my world."

“It sounds cliché to say, but parenthood changed everything for me, it really has,” Donnell adds. “Putting it into the context of work, especially, it's made me take things simultaneously more seriously and less seriously because on the one hand, I see what I need to do and the type of work that I should be doing to be able to provide for them.”

At the same time, though, the actor feels like a weight has been taken off his shoulders when it comes to his career — because now, there are people at home who matter far more. 

“In a much more freeing way, it doesn't really matter," he explains. "Auditions come around and we get it done and we forget about it, because somebody [has to be] picked up from daycare or dinner has to be made. It reminds you daily about what really matters."
Overall, becoming a father has made a profound impact not just on Donnell’s everyday life — but on his way of life, too. 

“It shifted the perspective and shifted the focus from being — Patti will attest to this — I'm a bit of a workaholic, because I love it and I love what I do,” he admits. “Being a dad doesn't allow for as much of that, and that's really a good thing for me.”

Edited by tv echo

This movie poster for Le Dernier Jaguar (variously referred to in English as The Last Jaguar, Jaguar My Love or Autumn and the Last Jaguar) was posted on Gilles de Maistre's Instagram and reposted on EBR's Instagram on Nov. 28...
https://www.instagram.com/p/C0L50DVNPqz/ 
GAC2wS-WIAAzhZH?format=jpg

Gillesdemaistre Immerse yourself in the heart of an extraordinary friendship! 🐆👧🏻
After MIA AND THE WHITE LION and THE WOLF AND THE LION, discover THE LAST JAGUAR, our new film, on February 7 in theaters. 
#Autumnandtheblackjaguar #ledernierjaguar #maijuinproductions #mediawan #studiocanal

(Google translation from French to English)

Edited by tv echo

Hallmark’s January Movie Slate to Star Katherine McNamara, Erica Durance and More — See the Full Schedule
BY REBECCA IANNUCCI    NOVEMBER 30, 2023
https://tvline.com/lists/hallmark-movie-schedule-january-2024-katherine-mcnamara-erica-durance/ 

Four new movies are on tap for the cabler in January, including A Scottish Love Scheme, starring Smallville‘s Erica Durance as a woman whose trip to Scotland with her mother turns into something much different. Meanwhile, over on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, Katherine McNamara (Shadowhunters, Walker Independence) will star in True Justice: Family Ties, playing a law school student who sets out to prove her brother was wrongfully convicted. (So… not a romantic comedy, in that case.)
True Justice: Family Ties
Premiere Date: Friday, Jan. 12 at 8 pm
A law school student (Katherine McNamara) with the help of her friends sets out to prove her brother was wrongfully convicted. The only way to clear his name is by finding the real killer, but the closer they get, the more danger they are all in.

true-justice-hallmark-movie.jpg

Edited by tv echo

Grant Gustin at GalaxyCon Columbus yesterday (Dec. 2)...

-- GG: "I was in episodes 208 and 209 of Arrow... Shooting that first one, we didn't even know - and the second one - we didn't know we were going to do a stand-alone pilot yet. The Flash pilot was supposed to be an episode of Arrow later in the season. So I - I was still just like pinching myself and they were all so cool."

#day2 #galaxycon #columbus #ohio #convention #grantgustin #flash #williamshatner #optimusprime
The Dragon's Hoard   Dec 3, 2023

10 Years Ago, the Arrowverse Truly Began With Grant Gustin’s Debut as Barry Allen
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   DECEMBER 4, 2023 
https://tvline.com/features/arrowverse-10-year-anniversary-grant-gustin-debut-arrow-barry-allen-1235092376/ 

“Looking back on it, when we realized that [Arrow] was hit and the audience wasn’t going away, I think that’s when Greg [Berlanti] started to develop thoughts of not creating a universe, but expanding the show beyond Arrow into another superhero show,” Marc Guggenheim, an original executive producer on Arrow who’d go on to help oversee the larger Arrowverse, told TVLine in a 2019 interview.
Glee grad Grant Gustin was actually the first person to read for the role of Barry Allen, and following the fresh-faced actor’s chemistry read with Emily Bett Rickards aka Arrow‘s Felicity — “We wanted to make sure he didn’t seem like jailbait next to her,” EP Greg Berlanti quipped in 2013 — the gig was his.
Initially, Gustin was due to also appear in Episode 20 of that Arrow season, in a formal backdoor pilot for a potential spin-off more focused on his character, but The CW instead went ahead and ordered The Flash to series.

Edited by tv echo

SA was at Comic Con Arabia last week (Nov. 30 - Dec. 1)...

Stephen Amell reflects on filming ‘Arrow’ at Jeddah’s 2023 Comic Con Arabia
NADA JAN   December 7, 2023
https://www.arabnews.com/node/2421961/saudi-arabia 

JEDDAH: The actor Stephen Amell was the superstar of the 2023 Comic Con Arabia, which recently took place at the Jeddah International Exhibition & Convention Center.
Amell recalled what he missed most about filming the DC series. “I miss the crew, the set, the atmosphere, and everything about Canada. I mean, my daughter was also born there, so I miss everything.”

What Amell hated most while filming the series was being exhausted from shooting all night, then going home to find his daughter waiting to play with him, but him not having much energy left to do so.

“Sometimes we pulled an all-nighter shooting and finished at 7 a.m.,” said the actor. “My daughter was born and growing during that time. And going back home after staying up shooting all night was really something I don’t miss.

“You know kids wake up around that time of the day,” Amell said. “When I arrived home, my daughter would try to get me to play with her, which I did, but all I could think about was going to bed and sleep. It was really hard for me to ignore the urge to sleep,” he said, laughing.
“We need people around us all,” Amell said. “Arrow was fooled by the idea that he could do it on his own. But he needed help, which he got, and that made him, and me, realize that we can’t do it alone.”

Stephen Amell Shares Nostalgic ‘Arrow’ Memories at Comic Con Arabia
By: Sakchi Khandelwal    December 7, 2023
https://bnn.network/world/canada/stephen-amell-shares-nostalgic-arrow-memories-at-comic-con-arabia/ 

Amell didn’t gloss over the challenges he faced during the production. He shared the strain of managing exhausting night shoots and balancing family time, especially with his young daughter. However, it was the character’s evolution that kept him motivated. Oliver Queen’s journey from a loner to someone who learned the strength that comes from relying on others resonated deeply with the actor.

Edited by tv echo

Data Proves The Arrowverse Is Still Massively Popular In 2023 - 11 Years After It Launched
BY NICOLAS AYALA     PUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO
https://screenrant.com/arrowverse-netflix-viewership-data-popularity/ 

According to Netflix's What We Watched: A Netflix Engagement Report, the Arrowverse shows The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, and Black Lightning are still immensely popular by the second half of 2023. Netflix's metric is solely based on the total number of hours viewed in the last six months, which means that the longer a show is, the easier the number can increase. Still, at an average of 45 minutes per episode and with a runtime of around 138 hours, a show like The Flash could have been watched more than 2,250,000 times in its entirety on Netflix just in the last six months. See the data below:

Show                                   Viewership          Seasons

The Flash                       311,000,000          9

Arrow                             159,700,000          8

Supergirl                          60,600,000         6

Legends of Tomorrow      37,100,000         7

Black Lightning                  4,600,000         4

Arrowverse Total            603,000,000        5 shows, 34 seasons

Edited by tv echo

Premieres on Friday, January 12, at 9 p.m. ET, on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries...

Hallmark’s ‘True Justice: Family Ties’ Stars Katherine McNamara
By Georgia Makitalo    December 22, 2023
https://tvshowsace.com/2023/12/22/hallmarks-true-justice-family-ties-stars-katherine-mcnamara/ 

Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is kicking off 2024 with a new courtroom mystery drama. This is called True Justice: Family Ties. This movie stars Katherine McNamara, Markian Tarasiuk, Nikki DeLoach, and Benjamin Ayers. This is the story of a group of law students, and one P.I. who “fight to exonerate the wrongly convicted.”
“A law student gets the biggest case of her life when her brother is wrongfully convicted of a murder.” Here is more about Hallmark’s True Justice: Family Ties. According to the synopsis, law student Casey is on a mission. She may not be ready to practice the law, but she needs to gather evidence to prove that a man is wrongly accused of murder. That man is her brother Marcus. He is accused of murdering her college friend.

Therefore, she enlists some of her classmates, Eli, Sarah, and PJ, as well as their P:I: pal Liam to start investigating this case. Moreover, they want to find the real murderer. They may still be students, but this team is working together and using their education to solve this murder.

“With a tip from her Professor, Casey and her friends begin to put the pieces together, but the closer they get to discovering the truth, the more they ALL begin to question their own safety.”

TrueJusticeFamilyTies_RAW_Day06_0070_RT.

Edited by tv echo

Sneak Peek - True Justice: Family Ties - Starring Katherine McNamara, Nikki DeLoach & Benjamin Ayres
Hallmark Movies and Mysteries   Dec 27, 2023

Preview - True Justice: Family Ties - Starring Katherine McNamara, Nikki DeLoach & Benjamin Ayres
Hallmark Movies and Mysteries   Dec 27, 2023

Exclusive: Oh My Pod U Guys- Corsets and Combat Boots with Katherine McNamara
By: Jayke Workman  Dec. 24, 2023
https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Exclusive-Oh-My-Pod-U-Guys--Corsets-and-Combat-Boots-with-Katherine-McNamara-20231224 

Alternative podcast link:
https://broadwaypodcastnetwork.com/podcasts/oh-my-pod-u-guys/49-corsets-and-combat-boots-with-katherine-mcnamara/51 

-- On Arrow, KM: "That job came at a perfect time because I had just finished the, you know, series finale movie of Shadowhunters and I was going, 'I don't know what my life is going to look like without this job. I don't even know how I'm going to feel. Also, you know, my next job, I'm not going to be able to - I'm not going to be fighting. I don't know what I'm going to be doing... I'm going to really miss that. And then I booked Arrow and I went, 'oh, I still get to fight.' ... Mia and Clary, yes, they both fight, but they're very different people. And I wanted to make sure I made them very different people, you know, because they were back to back and you're in the same genre... There is a possible world in which two young women who fight for their job can be different people and different characters and have different elements to them. ... But when it came to Mia, I, um - you know, spoilers for those who haven't seen the final two seasons of Arrow - ... But, you know, getting the phone call, going, 'you are the child of Oliver and Felicity.' And I'm going, 'cool, co-cool, co-cool.'  The biggest relationship in potentially the genre that is the most beloved and I am going to be the physical incarnation of it. No pressure. No pressure whatsoever. Um, but it was so exciting, because I had six seasons of television - of these two incredible actors who had created these characters and this relationship that had so much nuance and so many mannerisms of their own, that had kind of taken on their own life. And I was able to go, 'okay, great.' So I get to pick my favorite parts, the best and worst parts of these two people and mush them together to make a new person. I love it... So I took Stephen's walk. I'm like, I can learn to walk like a 36-year-old man. Let me figure this out. You know, this giant, giant dude. I'm going to take his walk and see what that looks like on me. And then other little things throughout. But the fighting style and the physicality mostly came from that. And I think the biggest difference for Arrow was the archery. And, you know, I had done a little bit of that in Girl Scouts, but there's - uh, there's a master archer in Vancouver who trained everyone on Arrow, who ever shot a bow, from Stephen to Colton Haynes to Katrina Law to myself, everybody in between. Um, it was all her. And she was one of the hardest coaches I ever had, but one of the best and one of my favorite. Um, 'cause we couldn't fire live arrows on set. It's a long range weapon, so they're not going to give an actor a bow and an arrow when the camera man is five feet from them. Not safe... But she would set up almost these obstacle courses in her studio of, you know, benches and things to go around and over and under and roll on and all this stuff and, uh, turn backwards and forwards. And then she'd basically walk behind - give you a course on what to do and walk behind you and go, 'nope, too fast, too slow, beng, you're dead, beng, I got you, beng, faster, faster, come on, come on.' And you'd have to learn like jump and roll and duck and go and kneel and shoot and this and shoot and - and it is exhausting. ... But then when you're on set and it's dark and there's smoke and there's things flying at you, then you can actually do these things safely."

-- KM: "The number of fight scenes on Arrow, we never did it full out until we were shooting it and then we only had one take."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Video snippets from SA's panel at GalaxyCon Columbus on Dec. 3...

#day3 #galaxycon #columbus #ohio #stephenamell #greenarrow #scottpatterson #gilmoregirls #marawilson
The Dragon's Hoard   Dec 4, 2023

-- SA: "Uh, David... I'm just going to say that because, you know, he was kind of first. We probably spent the most - the most time together. I mean, by - at the end of the day, it was - I probably spent the most amount - maybe the most amount of time with - with Emily, but, you know, Emily, for - for all that she did on the show, nine out of 10 times she wasn't there on the rooftop at three in the morning when it was raining. That forms a particular kind of bond. And also, David and I just had the ability, even at the worst of times, to just make each other laugh with the stupidest, most repetitive jokes that you can imagine, which, again, at three o'clock in the morning on a rooftop when it's raining and it's cold - in fact, the - the weather for Arrow was just kind of like what it's like out there right now. That's Vancouver from like November through March. So we needed senses of humor and David always brought that."

-- SA: "In the early days of the show - by the early days, I mean, like the first - first season maybe even second season - we would have more time to - to rehearse fights... As the show moved along, it's not that we didn't spend as much time rehearsing fights, we just - we just didn't have as much time, because everything started to become more sprawling and I started to become busier. And so, the thing that I really had to learn is, I had to learn how to pick up a fight by basically watching the stunt guy shoot something called the pre-vis. They''ll shoot the fight, right? So you watch it and you sort of look at the moves. And then I was learning a lot of these fights on the day that we were shooting them."

-- When asked if he shared any "inner anger" from those scenes or if it was all just acting, SA: "Listen, man, anger is easy. Like, anger is easy. Any - anything - anything that's - anything that's at an end of the spectrum, right? Real anger, uh, genuine joy, okay? Easy. Easy. The challenging parts are in the middle, right? So, um, no, I - I - I have anger. I have anger, like, you know, sometimes when I look at my daughter's room, I have anger. Um, or like when my wife messes up all the pillows on the couch and leaves blankets everywhere, anger. Um, but not that kind of anger. No. That's more acting."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Audio recording of Ben Blacker's Zoom Q&A with Marc Guggenheim, answering fan questions, on Dec. 17 (posted Jan. 3)...

https://benblacker.substack.com/p/guggenheim-recording 

-- In response to fan question about how he writes two separate story lines, present and flashback, for the same episode of Arrow, like in the pilot, that still share the same emotional arc, MG: "It was horrible. It was so hard... The first season, um, the network was very insistent on - I'm going to take a long, circuitous route to answer your question. Um, the network was very insistent, like, every single flashback relate to every single present day story. And - and that was just one of many requirements that they were sort of, you know, imposing on us, um, that we were sort of fighting back against. Um, and we were also struggling with the fact that we didn't know - like, the biggest challenge to -  before we could answer the question that you're asking, we had to answer an even more fundamental question, which is, just how much story can we tell in the flashbacks per episode? ... There's production limitations. There's screen time limitations. I always said, like, it was like producing one and a half shows, because the flashbacks, with the exception of Oliver for the most part, they're a completely separate cast, in totally different locations, different costumes, different everything. So we didn't, like, know, like - it took us a while in the first season to really sort of figure out, okay, how much story can we tell? Okay, so that's just like the preliminary thing... To answer your question, we basically like broke out - and we do this with every season - but we broke out, like, sort of the big moves of Season 1, both in the present and in the past. And it was very much a function of, how do we just really get the past and present talking to each other? And - and sometimes that was thematically and sometimes it was a lesson that Oliver had to learn. You know, we knew that we were telling a story about - you know, there's this trust fund baby who becomes a killer. ... If you were going to turn someone into a killer, like, how would you sort of emotionally break them down and build them back up again? And we then sort of looked for whatever opportunities we could in the present day to sort of echo that and sort of thematically connect that... I'll give you just a quick anecdote just sort of about the type of notes we got in Season 1 of Arrow... Bear in mind, we were on The CW after 10 years of Smallville. And they basically just tried to note the show like it was Smallville. And in Smallville, like, it was, what is Clark learning this week? And we kept getting the question, what is Oliver learning this week? ... At some point - I forget at what point of the season - I said to the network, I'm like, here's the problem. Clark was a high school student. He could learn something every week. Oliver is a 35-year-old man. If he's learning something every week, he's an idiot... And I always said, like, the franchisal show is that Oliver makes bad decisions. But like he can't learn a lesson every week. So then it became, okay, well, how is Oliver different at the end of the episode than he is at the beginning of the episode? Which is a nice way of saying, how the character journeyed, which I'm all in favor of, but with 23 episodes, sometimes it's hard to come up with one. So in the penultimate episode of Season 1, it ends with the Green Arrow is knocked unconscious by the bad guy, Malcolm Merlyn, you know, the big bad of the year. And we got on the phone with the network to get notes on the script and they're like, honestly, like, we love the script, we don't even have a note, we just have a question, which is - of course - how is Oliver different at the end of this episode, um, than he is at the beginning? And I said, well, at the beginning of the episode, he's conscious; at the end of the episode, he's unconscious... It had been a long season for all of us. And even the network was like, good enough for me. Move on! ... I think we were better in some seasons in terms of getting those past and present stories talking to each other and working with Oliver's arc than we were in others... Part of it was the story we were telling. Like, in Season 2, you had the relationship between Oliver and Slade Wilson. And because we had Slade in the past with Oliver, it was a lot easier to track that arc. Um, so much easier. So, different seasons had different challenges. ... I hate dogma. I really hate dogmatic notes, like, well, it has to be this... Why does it have to be that? ... I love when it surprises you when two storylines talk to each other."

-- In response to fan question about how he decides what to include and what not to include, and what to come up as original material, when he adapts from existing source material, MG: "That's a great question... Arrow's a particularly good example of this. Um, I always say, you gotta figure out what is the core of the character, what is the - either the core of the character or the essence of the property or both. ... Basically, to be very inarticulate about it, what makes the thing the thing? And, actually, Arrow is a great example. Um, I often use it to answer this type of question... We made no secret of the fact that we were heavily influenced by the, uh, Chris Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. Um, and, the truth is, in the comics, like, Green Arrow and Batman, like, have so much f**king overlap, it's ridiculous. I mean, it's like - there was even a period where Arrow, I'm not kidding, he had, you know - he's a billionaire, uh, who's - you know, a millionaire, who has a sidekick, a young, male sidekick... He had an Arrowcave. He had an Arrowmobile, an Arrowjet, I'm not kidding. Like, he's basically Batman. And - to the point where - I think it was Kevin Smith - he wrote this great moment where Batman is in the Arrowcave with Arrow and he's like, good God, man, have you ever had an original idea in your life? But here's the thing... What makes Batman Batman is the fact that he's an orphan. In the comics, Oliver was an orphan also. But we, in the show, gave him a sister and a mother and basically a dad, until we killed him off... To me, it's a great example of how you can change elements of a character if they're not core elements of a character. Like, if you make Batman - if you give Batman a brother or if you give Batman a parent, he's no longer Batman... Whereas you can do that with Arrow, even though Green Arrow is very much a Batman [unintelligible word]. Um, so it's about, what is sort of the core conceit? So for us, the core conceit was - and bear in mind, you know, this back story is like literally - like originally it was four panels in a comic book that Jack Kirby drew... Basially, like, the core conceit is, he's a rich kid who learns to survive on a deserted island. And we're like, okay, we have to sort of start with that and we can't ever deviate from that. We can build onto it, because like we showed, the island is not so deserted and stuff. But, you know, the whole core idea that, like, this rich kid faces adversity and has to come out the other side of it, um, and comes out the other side of it, you know, sort of a hero. That's the baseline that we're always trying to stick to. That has to be our North Star. And then you can sort of build on other things." 

-- In response to fan question as to whether there are Arrow scripts online, MG: "Good question... The pilot's out there quite a bit. ... I don't know. ... If there's a particular episode of Arrow that you're really curious to see the script on, just email Ben and I'll, you know, accidentally send it to him."

-- In the context of a discussion about writing and executing action scenes, MG: "Season 1 of Arrow, we had this scene - I think it was like episode 11. We had this parkour rooftop scene that we, you know... that we were working out in prep... I forget exactly what the specifics was... Like, the director came to us with a - you know, a different way of doing it, basically. And Andrew Kreisberg - not exactly known for being a great human being - was insisting on it being like, 'nope, it's gotta be the script, it's gotta be the way we wrote it.' And I'm like, 'no, it doesn't.' It's a friggin' action sequence... It's not like we're setting something up in an action sequence that's going to pay off five episodes later.... It's not a line of dialogue that's like key to this character moment. ... I'm like, you know... the director has a vision that I can guarantee you, he's going to be able to execute on better than trying to, you know, shove a round peg into a square hole, um, just to satisfy your, quite frankly, ego."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Official trailer for Katherine McNamara's new movie, Air Force One Down (directed by James Bamford) - in select theaters Feb. 9, 2024, and available to buy on digital Feb. 13, 2024...

Air Force One Down | Official Trailer | Paramount Movies
Paramount Movies   Jan 11, 2024

Katherine McNamara Fights to Save the President in 'Air Force One Down' Trailer [Exclusive]
The action flick also stars Anthony Michael Hall and Ian Bohen.
BY BRITTA DEVORE  PUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO
https://collider.com/air-force-one-down-trailer-katherine-mcnamara/ 

... Directed by James Bamford (Superman & Lois), the feature takes audiences miles off the ground as the President’s private aircraft has been overtaken by terrorists with just a few Secret Service agents standing in the way of a complete disaster.

The top draft pick to join the Secret Service, Allison Miles (McNamara) is head-hunted by recruiting Agent, Sam Waitman (Hall) after it’s clear that she has what it takes to join the most elite team of bodyguards in the world. When another Agent calls out for the day, Agent Miles is thrown directly into the mission of ensuring the President of the United States (Bohen) has an easy and breezy trip aboard Air Force One to attend a global meeting about an energy deal. After the craft is taken over by terrorists, Agent Miles’s skills are put to the test as she and her teammates are forced to work as a unit to bring down the baddies and safely ground the plane, all while making it on time to the world leader’s summit.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

The above IMDb listing includes an upcoming movie titled Jade with James Bamford as director and co-writer (KM does not play the title character, but another character named Layla).

(edited)

See Robbie and Stephen Amell return in electrifying Code 8: Part II photos
By Sydney Bucksbaum   Published on January 17, 2024
https://ew.com/code-8-part-2-photos-release-date-robbie-amell-stephen-amell-8426713 

EW can exclusively reveal that sci-fi movie Code 8: Part II will hit Netflix next month on Feb. 28. Before that happens, check out a sneak peek at the film in a new batch of electrifying photos.
The sequel, EW has learned, is a different story entirely from what would've been the Quibi spinoff. We now find Connor working as a janitor as he attempts to distance himself from Garrett. But when a 14-year-old named Pav (Sirena Gulamgaus) is targeted by corrupt police officers after investigating the wrongful death of her brother, Connor is forced to re-team with Garrett, the person who destroyed his life, to help the young girl.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

The Summit: Mountain Climbing Competition Series Hosted By Spartacus‘ Manu Bennett Ordered at CBS
BY MICHAEL AUSIELLO   JANUARY 17, 2024
https://tvline.com/news/the-summit-cbs-series-mountain-climbing-manu-bennett-1235114156/ 

Hosted by Spartacus and Arrow vet Manu Bennett, the show follows 16 strangers as they embark on “a once-in-a-lifetime journey through the treacherous New Zealand Alps in an attempt to reach the peak of a distant, towering mountain,” per The Summit‘s official description. “With their backpacks containing an equal share of $1 million, the group must traverse an exhausting distance in just 14 days in order to win the cash they are carrying. But not everyone will make it, as these strangers must work together to tackle the dangerous terrain, unforgiving Antarctic winds, heart-pounding challenges and gut-wrenching eliminations on their way to the peak.

“Tracking them along this journey is the ‘Mountain’s Keeper,’ who will surprise the trekkers with brutal twists and force decisions that complicate an already grueling ascent,” the press release continues. “Morals and relationships will be tested when they must decide what to do if someone falls behind, because if the group fails to reach The Summit in time, all the prize money will be lost.”
The Summit is slated to premiere during during the 2024-25 TV season.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

DOLLARS & SENSE
LegalDispatch 0.87

MARC GUGGENHEIM   JAN 19, 2024
https://marcguggenheim.substack.com/p/dollars-and-sense

ARSENAL COMICS (Saturday, January 20)

I’ll be joining Patton Oswald and a veritable army of comic book creators from 11 AM to 4 PM (I’ll probably be there from 12-3 PM) tomorrow in support of Arsenal Comics in Newbury Park.
MEGACON ORLANDO

I’ll also be tabling at Megacon Orlando from February 1 thru February 4. In addition to having plenty of comic books and graphic novels on hand to sign, I’ll also be traveling with access to a con-exclusive preview of PROJECT FROST.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Arrow Guest Star Michael Jai White Reveals the DC Show Has 'One of the Best Episodes' of His Career
BY LEE FREITAG   JAN 23, 2024
https://www.cbr.com/arrow-michael-jai-white-best-episode-career/ 

Arrow guest star Michael Jai White recently recalled his experience playing Bronze Tiger in the beloved Arrowverse series, revealing that the Season 7 episode "The Slabside Redemption" was one of the best episodes he's ever worked on in his career.

Speaking with ComicBookMovie.com to promote his new action movie One More Shot, White opened up about his recurring role as Ben Turner/Bronze Tiger in Arrow Season 7 during the story arc where Oliver Queen was an inmate at Slabside Maximum Security Prison. "I remember one of the directors told me about that arc for that season, culminating with one of the best episodes I've ever been a part of. I feel like that episode where we have that break from prison, felt like that was a movie by itself," shared the actor. "That was worth that season to me doing that, and I feel like that's the direction. And, I was really proud to work with Stephen [Amell (Oliver Queen/Green Arrow)], and [director] Bam Bam [James Bamford], to bring that performance in."

White also discussed how comic book movies and shows are becoming more fantastical and less realistic, praising Arrow for never getting too outlandish with its plot. "I wish there was more of that, because I feel like that, like a lot of the comic book movies have taken a softer look at things. It's kind of like, I don't know - It hasn't been very believable to me," he added. "I feel like, personally, I feel like comic book heroes should be badass, and they should be believable, and they should be able to kick your ass, you know?"

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Calamity Jane (2024), starring EBR and co-starring SA as Wild Bill, is now posted on Apple TV+ as being available on iTunes (although the People magazine article posted below states that it will be released both in theaters and digitally on Feb. 2)...
https://tv.apple.com/us/movie/calamity-jane/umc.cmc.3kspp07u5ko6ma9ss9uxa10up 

Starring: Emily Bett Rickards, Tim Rozon, Stephen Amell
Director: Terry Miles

Watch trailer here (click on video pic under "Trailers"):
https://tv.apple.com/us/movie/calamity-jane/umc.cmc.3kspp07u5ko6ma9ss9uxa10up 

Video of trailer is also in this tweet:

Pics posted by fans:

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1
(edited)

You can also watch the Calamity Jane trailer in this People article...

Arrow Reunion! Emily Bett Rickards and Stephen Amell Team Up in Action-Packed Calamity Jane Trailer (Exclusive)
By Jack Smart     January 25, 2024 
https://people.com/emily-bett-rickards-and-stephen-amell-in-calamity-jane-trailer-exclusive-8549509 

Calamity Jane, a shoot-’em-up Western featuring the two longtime collaborators, is coming to theaters and digital on Feb. 2. PEOPLE has the exclusive first look at the movie’s action-packed trailer. 

Rickards plays the title character, based on the real-life frontierswoman and sharpshooter of the American Old West who became a mythic figure in the late 19th century.

A dashingly long-haired Amell, meanwhile, plays Wild Bill Hickok — another folk hero from that era. This iteration of Calamity Jane, however, focuses on the aftermath of (spoiler alert!) his murder. 
In the fast-paced trailer, Rickards can be seen in a cowboy hat shooting her way through the Old West. At one point, surrounded by adversaries, someone warns Calamity, “There’s too many of them.”

“Just more targets,” she responds, wielding guns in both hands. 

Elsewhere, Calamity is told that seeking justice for Wild Bill’s death is dangerously foolhardy: “You embark on a quest for revenge, you better build two graves. One for them and one for yourself.”
Calamity Jane blazes into theaters Feb. 2.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

This Calamity Jane trailer is the weirdest Arrow reunion imaginable
By William Hughes    January 25, 2024
https://www.avclub.com/this-calamity-jane-trailer-is-the-weirdest-arrow-reunio-1851199265 

It is, in other words, profoundly strange, and pretty hokey, to the point that we keep re-watching it, trying to figure out if this is some sort of stealth Legends Of Tomorrow reboot. (If nothing else, that CW time travel series clearly had a better prosthetic hair budget.) It is nice to see Amell and Rickards back together for the first time since Arrow went off the air in 2020, but even so: We’re not sure how many people will be coming out to theaters, or even in to Tubi, to see this one when it arrives on February 2.

'Arrow' Stars Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards Reunite in 'Calamity Jane' Trailer
BY JASMINE ROBERTS    JANUARY 25, 2024
https://collider.com/calamity-jane-trailer-stephen-amell-emily-bett-rickards/ 

As the curtains rise on Calamity Jane, it's a nostalgic reunion for fans of the Arrow-verse, where Rickards and Amell previously shared the screen as Felicity Smoak and Oliver Queen. The dynamic duo, beloved for their roles in The CW's Arrow from 2012 to 2020, left an indelible mark on the superhero genre. Their on-screen chemistry was so strong, that the series re-wrote Oliver's comic book accurate love interest to be Rickards character Felicity, rather than Dinah Laurel Lance, aka Black Canary. However, Arrow opted to kill the character off, leaving room for "Olicity" to grow.

In the world of Arrow, their collaboration was nothing short of magic, creating moments that linger in the hearts of fans. Now, as they embark on a new cinematic journey with Calamity Jane, the echoes of their Arrow-verse legacy resonate. The reunion of Rickards and Amell is more than just a convergence of talent; it's a celebration of the enchanting connection that fueled the success of Arrow and paved the way for an expansive superhero universe on the CW. Without them, there would never have been The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Batwoman, and Black Lightning (kind of). As audiences gear up for the Wild West escapades of Calamity Jane, it's an opportunity to revel in the nostalgia of Arrow-verse magic and witness these two actors weave their charm once again on the big screen.

See Arrow alums Emily Bett Rickards and Stephen Amell reunite as lovers in Western Calamity Jane
By Sydney Bucksbaum   January 25, 2024
https://ew.com/arrow-emily-bett-rickards-stephen-amell-reunite-calamity-jane-trailer-8549898 

Seeing the two Arrow alums back together onscreen again is unexpected after Rickards sent shockwaves through the Arrowverse fandom when she announced that she was leaving the CW comic book drama at the end of its seventh season and would not be returning as a series regular in the final season. She eventually returned for an appearance in the series finale.

Emily Bett Rickards & Stephen Amell in Western 'Calamity Jane' Trailer
by Alex Billington   January 25, 2024
https://www.firstshowing.net/2024/emily-bett-rickards-stephen-amell-in-western-calamity-jane-trailer/ 

"There's too many of ’em." "It's just more targets…" Goldwyn Films has revealed their trailer for Calamity Jane, a western thriller arriving to watch in February. Currently set for release on VOD in about a week from now. After Wild Bill is killed in a poker game, Calamity Jane must break out of prison and seek revenge before the Deadwood's Sheriff can arrest them. Not to be confused with the actual classic western also called Calamity Jane from 1953 starring Doris Day. Directed by Terry Miles, Calamity Jane reunites Arrow co-stars Emily Bett Rickards and Stephen Amell, who star alongside Tim Rozon, Priscilla Faia, Gage Marsh, Garrett Black, Christian Sloan, Troy Mundle, and Spencer Borgeson. I will say that, sure, Emily looks pretty badass in it as a gun-slingin' Calamity Jane, though the rest of the film looks pretty bad.

Arrow’s Emily Bett Rickards & Stephen Amell Reunite In “Calamity Jane” Trailer
Craig Byrne    Jan 25, 2024
https://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrows-emily-bett-rickards-stephen-amell-reunite-in-calamity-jane-trailer/

“Olicity” in another century?
Stephen shared a post about the film on his Instagram story, noting “When @EmilyBett calls, I answer.”

Arrow’s Power Couple Olicity Reunites For a Trip To Old West
by Virginia Singh    January 26, 2024
https://startefacts.com/news/arrows-power-couple-olicity-reunites-for-a-trip-to-old-west_a131 

There is no doubt that the love story between Oliver Quinn and Felicity Smoak has been the one thing that has kept fans glued to Arrow, even at times when the show has lost its appeal. Great casting choices and the chemistry between Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards over the years definitely paid off in the long run.
Though Arrow ended in 2020 after an 8-season run, the actors continue to stay in touch and never miss a creative opportunity to get back together. The new Calamity Jane movie, which hits theaters in February, is the perfect setting for a great collaboration.

Arrow’s Emily Bett Rickards and Stephen Amell Reunite… for an Old West Shoot-‘Em-Up? Watch Movie Trailer
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   JANUARY 25, 2024 
https://tvline.com/trailers/emily-bett-rickards-stephen-amell-arrow-reunion-calamity-jane-movie-trailer-1235139075/ 

Sharing the trailer (seen above) in Instagram, Amell wrote, “When @EmiilyBett calls, I answer.”
Rickards, though, did return for the series finale, to bring proper closure to #Olicity’s love story.

Though fans of the Arrowverse ‘ship had to be thrilled to get the couple’s final walk into the cosmic sunset, Felicity almost was involved in that very final episode’s “new” flashbacks, as well.

“The original plan was for it to be something with Oliver, Felicity and Diggle (David Ramsey), probably circa right after Episode 114, when Felicity was sort of brought into the circle of trust,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim explained to TVLine at the time. “The problem was that Emily was only available to us for two days.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

From EBR's Instagram on Jan. 25...

https://www.instagram.com/emilybett/reel/C2itfSNPMF_/ 

emilybett  CALAMITY JANE

I had the honour to dive into this woman’s life - From wherever she is watching, I hope she enjoys our retelling of her story. Select theatres and digital release Feb 2.

Movies take a village y’all. They start in a dream to end up on our screens. The community is endless but here is a start: @tkmiles @jannieklompje @realtimrozon @stephenamell @priscillafaia @christiansloan @garrett_black @llangfor
@guiltlessglamour @sofiephllips

As always big thanks to my team and to the champions who dive deep with me when the words are still scrambled eggs on a page. You are heroes. @mattkevanderson @mcilroyandassociates
See you soon Jane 🤎

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

In Any Lifetime gets its codename (PROJECT FROST) from the work of poet Robert Frost, specifically his poem The Road Not Taken which one could read as an exegesis on parallel universes.

Because parallel universes is what this book is about.

To wit: After his wife’s death, Jonas Cullen traverses the multiverse to find the one parallel universe where his wife is still alive. His quest — where even the universe itself opposes him — challenges the reader to question whether it’s possible to love someone too much.

Half the novel is a multiversal quest while the other half charts the romance between Jonas and his wife. I like to describe it as “What if Christopher Nolan had directed The Notebook?”
The book drops on July 16, 2024 — but it’s available for PRE-ORDER now.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

You can now watch Calamity Jane on Amazon Prime Video starting Feb. 2 (rent for $6.99)...

https://www.amazon.com/Calamity-Jane-Stephen-Amell/dp/B0CPMBLVNR/ref=sr_1_1?crid=8RICU4SUQYGS&keywords=calamity+jane+2024&qid=1707163170&s=instant-video&sprefix=calamity+jane+2024%2Cinstant-video%2C75&sr=1-1

Arrow’s Emily Bett Rickards and Stephen Amell Have Onscreen Reunion Almost 4 Years After Finale
By Shelby Stivale  January 26, 2024
https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/arrows-emily-bett-rickards-stephen-amell-have-onscreen-reunion/ 

Amell, for his part, posted a set photo, explaining how he got the role of Wild Bill.

“So right around this time last year, I got a text from @emilybett asking me if I ‘wanted to come and play’. I said yes. Immediately,” he wrote. “It was so cool to see her on a film set, fully in control. If my experience on set is any indication, she is terrific in this movie.”

EBR posted another Instagram message about Calamity Jane on Feb. 1 (also go to link to see pics):
https://www.instagram.com/emilybett/p/C20Nl1rRVyA/?img_index=1 

emilybett Calamity Jane, born Martha Jane Canary was a frontierswoman, an adventurer, a performer, a fighter and even a nurse during a turbulent era known as the Wild West.

Studying her life there seems to be no break from pain or courage. She defied social norms and relentlessly demanded to have a place in history. In 1880 she was Americas “most famous woman”, arguably the first heroine of the United States. Plays were written about her in the East and New York newspapers called her “The Queen of the Plains”. She was the “female cowboy” that every townsfolk wanted to grab a drink with and every journalist wanted to speak to. That would explain the pictures we have of her, especially the one where she is standing in front of Wild Bill Hickoks grave. This photo helped cement the infinite lore that these two legends were in relationship, though some accounts say they rode into town once together and that was it.

I’ve thought a lot about when the persona of Calamity Jane became most if not all of her and if at times it was more of a burden than she bargained for. Sitting on my computer in my comfy bed drinking matcha next to my snoring senior dog I have the luxury of considering this, where as I assume Jane was too busy trying to survive.

Jane died at the age of 51 most likely due to excessive drinking but if there’s one thing I can gather from the internet it’s that she embodies the saying “larger than life” even in death.

As we get further from places in time we realize the information we have is most likely skewed and that history was always written form the victors POV. There are others stories that have yet to be revealed from this era. I encourage the filmmakers of today to dive into the rich unpredictable rhythm of the Western frontier, for until we have access to time travel… we have movies.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Marc Guggenheim and Stephen Amell were both at MegaCon Orlando this past weekend.  Here's full video of SA panel at MegaCon Orlando panel on Feb. 2...

STEPHEN AMELL Talks NEW DCU, Elseworlds, and Arrowverse | Megacon Orlando 2024
Aryan P   Posted Feb 3, 2024

-- When mod asked about his new movie that was released that day (Feb. 2), SA: "Yeah, I do. Which one are you talking about? (Mod: "The one with Emily Bett...") Yeah, me and Emily. Well, it's - sorry, um, Emily has a movie coming out today that I make a cameo in... It's an important cameo. ... Well, so, the movie is called Calamity Jane... My manager called me up and he goes, 'listen, um, I - I don't kow if you're - I don't know if you're interested, um, but it'd just be a couple days. It's a - it's a - it's a Western that they're shooting up in Vancouver with Emily.' And I go, 'yeah, sure.' That's how that went... 'Do you want to know the part?' I go, 'no.' It's fine... We play, um... we wanted to really sort of mix it up. So we play love interests. (Laughs)"

-- When mod asked what was his favorite thing about working with Emily, SA: "My favorite thing - jeez, working with Emily? ... You never have to worry for one second that she's not fundamentally prepared for anything that you might want to do in the scene. She's always ready. She's always really focused. She has a serious nature about her without being overly serious. And she's just a terrific actor and - and scene partner. Um, you know, one of my favorite scenes that we shot in that movie is a scene where I literally don't say anything, 'cause I just let her do all the heavy lifting. Let's go."

-- SA confirmed that a trailer came out that day for Code 8: Part II and talked about shooting that sequel. It will premiere on Netflix on Feb. 28. He also talked about his cousin Robbie Amell.

-- Some wrestling talk (Cody Rhodes, CM Punk).

-- Some talk about doing the Arrowverse crossovers. SA always liked working with Grant Gustin. Shooting the pilot for Arrow was his favorite because, when he finished it, it was "greatest thing" he had ever done at that point. Also some talk about accidentally punching a stunt guy when filming a stunt and then later getting accidentally kicked by a stunt gal in Season 5.

-- When asked by fan what he's learned from playing Oliver Queen, SA said that Oliver taught him that "you really can't go it alone" (but he didn't mean as a vigilante, but in life) and that you have to trust people.

-- SA confirmed that Heels will not be going forward at Starz but that the people who made the series want to land it somewhere else. He said that the idea behind Jack Spade was that he was a guy running a small town wrestling business who evolves into someone bigger who runs a national, international or global wrestling business.

-- When fan asked how he felt about Arrow evolving from being its own show into becoming the backbone of the Arrowverse, SA: "Good. Good. It - it led - it led to a few frustrating moments, um, but those were important... We started as this grounded, crime fighting show that really didn't leave Star City. And then, you know, we evolved and we evolved and we - we're bringing in - we are helping to bring in other shows. And, you know, it's important to try stuff, but after Season 4, I sat down with Greg Berlanti, who's the - if I'm the father of the Arrowverse, he's - he's the grandfather. Okay? Um, no, I'm the - no, he's the father, I'm the son... I said to him, I said, 'you know, Greg, if we're going to go forward and we're going to keep making the show' - and we were, because I was under contract. I said, 'can we do our show? Let's do our show.' And he said, 'I agree.' And that led to, I think, a very, very strong Season 5, 6, 7 and 8, which is typically not how that works. So I stand - I stand by - I stand by what we did and how we did it. ... It's a lot of responsibility to anchor something, but I like responsibility."

-- When fan asked which five of his Arrowverse cast members he would take with him on a deserted island to keep him company, SA: "Five? ... We're going to go with, um, uh, uh, Moira, Thea, Emily, Tommy and Diggle. (Audience applauds) Felicity. Felicity, not Emily. Felicity."

-- Some talk about what to eat when you're trying to get cut (in shape).

-- When fan asked about his favorite villain, SA said that it was "really fun" to act with all of them. But in terms of the "overall dynamic", he said it was Prometheus/Adrian Chase because that villain was the show's own creation and could only exist because the show lasted for five years. However, in terms of the dynamic that he liked the most, SA said that it was when Oliver and Malcolm became "like frenemies." They liked and respected each other, but didn't trust each other.

-- When fan asked which Arrowverse show he liked to cross over to the most, SA said The Flash because of their catering: "So good."

-- Some video gaming talk.

-- When fan asked how it felt to suit up as the Green Arrow one last time in the final season of The Flash, SA said that it felt "great." He said that they ended the show (Arrow) when they should have ended it, but he wouldn't have come back if he didn't miss it.

-- When fan asked how he would feel about returning as Oliver Queen (in cameo or bigger role) if James Gunn's rebooted DC Universe eventually does Crisis On Infinite Earths, SA said that he loved playing the character and loved being a "custodian" for the character, so if the opportunity's right, then it's right. He also said that the question would be whether or not it will make the people "who invested eight years of their life and 170 episodes of television" happy. If so, then it would make him happy.

-- When fan asked if he has a favorite author and if that author wrote a character that he'd like to play, SA said that one of his favorite authors is Chuck Klosterman, who wrote a book called Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs, and who also wrote a semi-autobiographical book called Killing Yourself to Live. SA met Chuck back on the Ninja Turtles set and they talked about doing this book on screen, but Chuck didn't want to revisit that time on screen. So SA said that if he did this book, it would have to be without Chuck's permission.

-- More wrestling talk (James Harrison).

-- Some talk about Nocking Point wines.

-- Fan: "Hey, Stephen. In the comic books, Black Canary and Green Arrow were always linked together as a couple. Uh, how come and how did the change evolve from Oliver ending up with a Canary to changing it where he ended up with Felicity?"
SA:
"That's a good question... So - I think that probably the original plan was for Oliver and - and Black Canary to do a thing. Greg Berlanti, who is currently and - and maybe will eventually be permanently the most prolific producer of television, like currently and maybe eventually in history, has a - has a saying. He goes, 'you have a hit show, until you don't.' So you don't save story. You burn through it... Marc Guggenheim, one of the show's executive producers who's - who's here this weekend, was a showrunner for - for quite - quite a few years, said, 'yeah, you know, we write ourselves into a corner all the time. We like that in the writer's room. And then we write our way out.' And, uh, you know, you have a plan. And then Emily comes along and you change the plan. ... There's no preconceived notion. I mean, we would start out every season with an idea of where it begins, kind of where the middle point is, and hopefully where it ends. But along the way, if you've got to pivot, like - much like in wrestling, right? You have a plan and somebody gets hurt, you change the plan. Right? Or, you have a plan and then for the match and then the crowd reacts a certain way, you change the plan. So you can't be - no pun intended, you can't be too married to anything. You really can't. Um, you know, I - I know that that's - I know that's the comic lore. But, you know, Oliver also had a goatee and was very funny in the comics. So you do what you do."

-- When fan asked for his funniest memories of Arrow, SA: "Every single day that John Barrowman was on set."

-- When fan asked for his funniest moment in the Elseworlds crossover, SA said it was when for the first time all of his Arrow cast mates and Arrow crew saw him in the Flash suit. David Ramsey just went, "I can't, I can't." In contrast, SA said that everyone on the Flash set was "cool" and "fine" with it.

• Useful 1
(edited)

Collider posted this sneak peek scene from Calamity Jane (you have to go to article link to watch video) - scene is when Wild Bill (SA) visits Calamity Jane (EBR) in jail...

Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards Plan Their Future in 'Calamity Jane' Sneak Peek [Exclusive]
BY JULIA HUMPHREY    FEB 5, 2024
https://collider.com/stephen-amell-emily-bett-rickards-calamity-jane-sneak-peek/ 

ComingSoon.net also posted an exclusive (different) scene from Calamity Jane...

Calamity Jane (2024) Clip - "You Swore an Oath"
ComingSoon.net   Feb 5, 2024

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

"LE DERNIER JAGUAR": GILLES DE MAISTRE EXPLORES THE FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN A GIRL AND A JAGUAR, OUR OPINION
by Julie de Sortiraparis    February 2, 2024 
https://www.sortiraparis.com/en/what-to-do-in-paris/cinema-series/articles/308188-le-dernier-jaguar-gilles-de-maistre-explores-the-friendship-between-a-girl-and-a-jaguar-our-opinion 

One of the film's most surprising revelations is undoubtedly the performance of Emily Bett Rickards, known for her role as Felicity in "Arrow". The actress brilliantly portrays an agoraphobic young woman who, despite her fears, goes the extra mile to protect Autumn. Emily Bett Rickards excels in this counterpoint role, bringing lightness and emotional depth to her comical scenes that deftly balance humor and tension.
"The Last Jaguar " is more than just a family film; it's a poetic and visual manifesto for the harmonious cohabitation of man and nature. While the story may at times seem implausible, the importance of the message it conveys and the quality of the direction make this film a must-see for viewers of all ages, eager to marvel at the splendor of our natural world and reflect on our environmental impact.

1017239-le-dernier-jaguar-gilles-de-mais 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Posted by EBR on Feb. 7...

https://www.instagram.com/emilybett/p/C3Dfv2AreSg/ 

emilybett In honour of the French premier of The Last Jaguar - here is a picture of @lumipollack et moi drying off our sweat in the Mexican jungle just after our characters had survived the impossible.

On a note about Lumi - it’s wild to think the year I graduated high school a baby was born that would not only greatly inspire me artistically but become the only person I would ever want to be stuck in the jungle with. Lumi is extraordinary in this film. I’m in total awe of the woman and actor she is.

Big thanks to our French, Quebecois and Mexican crew for working so hard to capture this story about preserving our planet. @gillesdemaistre and Prune our fearless leaders, may you continue to turn us all from enthusiasts to activists.

Merci @studiocanal.fr - c’était un rêve de faire partie de votre production et j’attends avec impatience d’en voir plus dans le futur!

Stay tuned to find out where the jaguars are now and go get your tickets to the cinema already! 😍
bisous bisous!
XX

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Review: Tim Rozon, Stephen Amell, and Emily Bett Rickards star in ‘Calamity Jane’
Markos Papadatos    Feb. 8, 2024
https://www.digitaljournal.com/entertainment/review-tim-rozon-stephen-amell-and-emily-bett-rickards-star-in-calamity-jane/article 

Without giving too much away, Emily Bett Rickards is bold and badass in the role of the lead female Calamity Jane. Stephen Amell is able to breathe fresh life into Wild Bill, while Tim Rozon delivers a suave and vivacious performance as Sheriff Mason, who is the voice of reason at times.
Overall, “Calamity Jane” is a high-adrenaline and entertaining new western. There is something in it for everybody as everybody in the ensemble offers something distinct to the table.

The pace is appropriate, and the twists in the plot will keep the audience at the edge of their seats. Terry Miles is able to give us a modern take on a timeless story.

Emily Bett Rickards is fearless in the titular character, and she works well opposite both of her co-leading men Stephen Amell and Tim Rozon respectively. This movie garners four out of five stars.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

EXCLUSIVE: The West is Wild Again in the Exclusive Clip from CALAMITY JANE Starring ARROW’s Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards
John M Jerva    Feb. 9, 2024
https://action-flix.com/2024/02/09/exclusive-the-west-is-wild-again-in-the-exclusive-clip-from-calamity-jane-starring-arrows-stephen-amell-and-emily-bett-rickards/ 

Action-Flix.com is debuting an exclusive clip from the brand-new six-shooter blazing western Calamity Jane which reunites Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards of the hit CW and DC series Arrow. The thriller stars Rickards as the titular anti-heroine who sparks a trail of vengeance as she goes gunning for those that shot down Wild Bill (Amell). Fans of Rickards will definitely want to see her in this movie as she sheds her Arrow character persona for a hard driving cowgirl with impeccable aim. Check out the exclusive clip you’ll only see here below!
The home video and digital market has been flooded with westerns as of late but here we have Rickards leading the way with a strong female role. Not that I don’t like to see the guys blast away in all the recent output as main stars but it’s stellar to see Rickards headline this female centric western and get out of her comfort zone and hit a home run as the legendary gunfighter.

EXCLUSIVE CLIP: CALAMITY JANE (2024)-Western Thriller Starring Emily Bett Rickards and Stephen Amell
ACTION-FLIX   Feb 9, 2024

Edited by tv echo

Air Force One Down
BY JIM MCLENNANFEBRUARY 9, 2024
https://girlswithguns.org/air-force-one-down/ 

... Otherwise, this teeters on the edge of being as generic as its title. But it passes muster due to decent performances, especially from [Katherine] McNamara as agent Allison Miles, and well-managed action from [director James] Bamford, who has 30+ years experience in stunt work.
The action certainly elevates things above the humdrum. Sometimes the camerawork is a little frenetic, yet the shots are surprisingly long, and tend to make it clear McNamara is doing much of her own work. The highlight is an extended “one take” (it’s not, but done well enough to pass muster) in which she breaks out of captivity, and makes her way through the complex, eliminating enemies in a variety of interesting ways. It will stick in your mind considerably longer than most of the plot-based shenanigans, albeit slightly diminished by Miles then having to be saved by the President. I’d love to have seen more of that style, because it’s genuinely innovative stuff. If nothing else reaches this level, the movie remains a decent piece of entertainment overall, where the positive elements counterbalance an uninspired storyline. 

AIR FORCE ONE DOWN (MOVIE REVIEW)
Cara McWilliam   February 7, 2024
https://crypticrock.com/air-force-one-down-movie-review 

Air Force One Down is always watchable, mostly due to McNamara who adds interest as a young rookie secret service agent, however, it never elevates to anything beyond that. The one exception to this is an extended action sequence that moves seamlessly from room to room, reminiscent of a video game. This sequence alone shows that Bamford shows great promise as an Action film director, and his previous stunt work shines through, however the other action sequences are bog standard. Overall, Air Force One Down is a solid enough piece of work that is entertaining if never mind blowing. That is why Cryptic Rock gives it 3 out of 5 stars. 

AIR FORCE ONE DOWN – Review
By Mark Glass | February 8, 2024
https://www.wearemoviegeeks.com/2024/02/air-force-one-down-review/ 

On the plus side, McNamara is a pleasure to watch, especially during her fight sequences. The dancing part of her early career adapts well to the ass-kicking part of her role. The stunt team, set designers and cinematographer are the real stars in this otherwise miss-able retread.

• Useful 1
(edited)

Spoilers...

‘Calamity Jane’ Ending Explained & Movie Summary: Does Jane Kill Jack McCall?
Shrey Ashley Philip    Feb. 9, 2024
https://fugitives.com/calamity-jane-ending-explained-and-summary-2024-film-terry-miles/ 

The classic Western genre wasn’t really known for its complexities; rather, it was known for its linear storyline. Fueled by a revenge-based story, morality drama, and iconic shots of the American frontier, if I’m being honest, Westerns were a simple pleasure for most people. While Calamity Jane does not offer much, it is, in all fairness, a decent twist to the white male-led genre. Starring Emily Bett Rickards as the female gunslinger, this movie follows similar tropes but from a female perspective.

Spoiler

In the movie, Jane finds herself transported to Deadwood for trial on robbery charges by Deputy Sheriff Mason. While in lockup, she receives a visit from her lover and future husband, Wild Bill Hickok, a fellow gunslinger and lawman known for his drinking and gambling tendencies. Despite their history of violence and adventures, Bill expresses a desire to settle down with Jane, aiming to become a farmer and start a family. He reveals he has already purchased land for this purpose and promises to bail Jane out of jail first thing in the morning. However, Bill’s weaknesses for alcohol and gambling lead him astray, and he ends up at the local saloon engaging in a high-stakes poker game. During the game, he humiliates Jack McCall, further escalating tensions. In a fit of rage and feeling deeply insulted, McCall shoots Bill on the spot, killing him instantly. To compound the tragedy, McCall also steals Bill’s land registry, adding another layer of injustice. After the murder of her beloved Wild Bill Hickok at the hands of Jack McCall, Jane is consumed by grief, rage, and a thirst for vengeance. With her heart shattered and her world torn apart, she becomes determined to seek justice for Bill’s senseless murder. Jane knows that McCall’s act was not only a cowardly betrayal but also a theft of Bill’s dreams and promises of a peaceful life together.
Deputy Sheriff Mason is driven by a deep sense of empathy and a desire to right the wrongs he has witnessed and experienced. Despite his own personal struggles and the weight of his past, he sees in Jane a kindred spirit—a fellow soul scarred by tragedy and injustice. When Jane breaks out of the lockup after learning about her lover Bill’s tragic demise, she finds herself in a deadly confrontation with Jack McCall. In the chaos that ensues, McCall’s gun misfires, accidentally killing Sheriff Griggs and casting suspicion on Jane as the perpetrator. Though Jane pleads her innocence to Mason, who has now assumed the role of sheriff, he insists that she must explain her case to the judge. However, driven by her thirst for revenge and the need to pursue her lover’s killer, Jane escapes custody, determined to seek justice on her own terms. Despite Mason’s efforts to uphold the law, Jane’s relentless pursuit of McCall propels her into a game of cat and mouse.

Despite the unfortunate circumstances surrounding Jane’s escape and the accidental death of Sheriff Griggs, Mason remains steadfast in his desire to help her. He recognizes Jane’s desperation and the depth of her grief over the loss of her beloved Wild Bill Hickok. Mason empathizes with Jane’s need for justice and understands her burning desire to avenge Bill’s death. Moreover, Mason sees in Jane a reflection of his own struggles and past traumas. Both have experienced profound loss and have been scarred by the harsh realities of the frontier. When Mason realizes that Jane is indeed innocent and not a cold-blooded killer but rather a woman driven by her emotions and circumstances beyond her control, he recruits her as a deputy to catch McCall and bring him to justice.
During Calamity Jane‘s ending, Jason and McCall track Jack McCall down to his brother’s estate, but Jane decides not to kill McCall as she trusts Deputy Sheriff Mason’s conviction to bring him to justice through a fair trial. Despite her overwhelming desire for revenge and the pain of losing her beloved Wild Bill Hickok, Jane recognizes the wisdom in Mason’s counsel. She understands that killing McCall in cold blood would not only perpetuate the cycle of violence but also deny her the closure and justice she seeks in a lawful manner. Additionally, Jane comes to realize that succumbing to her impulses and taking matters into her own hands would ultimately dishonor the memory of Wild Bill. By choosing to trust in Mason’s intention for a fair trial, Jane demonstrates her strength, showing that she is capable of rising above her instincts for vengeance.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Josh Segarra joined the cast of Abbott Elementary for Season 3, which premiered Feb. 7 on ABC...‘

Abbott Elementary’s Showrunners Knew Josh Segarra Was The Perfect Manny: “We Wanted Someone Who Felt Very Warm, But Also A Little Suspect”
By Nicole Gallucci   Feb. 8, 2024
https://decider.com/2024/02/08/abbott-elementary-josh-segarra-manny-season-3-premiere-showrunner-interview/ 

Janine (Quinta Brunson) took a temporary leave from teaching second grade and accepted a prestigious fellowship offered by the Philadelphia school district. When Season 3 opens, she’s working alongside three fresh faces — Simon (Benjamin Norris), Emily (Kimia Behpoornia), and Manny (Josh Segarra) — to make her ambitious ideas for improving the school a reality.
However, the standout premiere performance from the trio was undoubtedly Segarra, who transformed from a himbo with a heart of gold in The Other Two and The Big Door Prize to a highly capable, seemingly genuine advocate for Abbott, its staff and students, and Janine. (Don’t let us down, Manny!)

For Abbott Elementary showrunners Justin Halpern and Patrick Schumacker, casting Segarra against his typical comedy type was a no-brainer. “I think for us, we wanted someone who felt very warm, but also a little suspect,” Halpern told Decider in a Zoom call. “In that opening we needed Janine to be a little bit weary of the school district. The district has been our big boogeyman for the first two seasons of the show.”
“The dude can act. He is a really good actor,” Halpern told Decider. “I think it was really important for us to have somebody who could nail both parts of that and Josh can do it. And there weren’t a lot of people we felt could. So I think that that’s the trick to that character — we’re not totally sure if he is the classic district all talk bullshit artist or he actually means what he’s saying.”

In Abbott‘s Season 3 premiere, Segarra is introduced as a suspiciously eager man in power who pledges to do better than the disastrous administration before him. He comes equipped with iPads and smart boards, heaps of praise for Abbott’s educators, and a zealous hope for the future, but when staffers struggle to believe his intentions are pure, he displays refreshing levels of awareness, persistence, and vulnerability. As a clean-shaven, soft-spoken character with impeccable taste in sweaters, Segarra and his contagious eye-crinkling smiles bring an air of authenticity to Manny. He dials up the charm through tonal shifts, facial expressions, and in high-spirited scenes, and he cultivates Lance’s perpetual sense of wonder without sacrificing maturity or wits.
From sharing what brought him to the school district to flexing his knowledge of Chalkbeat and Abbott’s teachers, Manny makes one hell of an impression in the premiere, thanks in large part to Segarra’s suave, gentle demeanor. If you’d have told me I’d be shipping Janine with someone other than Gregory a single episode into Season 3, I’d have pulled a Season 1 Ava, laughed in your face, then asked for a chair so I could laugh myself off it. But dare I say the initial chemistry between Segarra and Brunson feels like a game-changer, and though Halpern is staying tight-lipped on a potential Manny and Janine romance, he didn’t shut the suggestion down either.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Oh no, more flashbacks...

‘Suits L.A.’ Casts Stephen Amell To Lead NBC Drama Pilot
By Nellie Andreeva, Denise Petski   February 13, 2024
https://deadline.com/2024/02/suits-l-a-stephen-amell-nbc-drama-pilot-1235824358/ 

Arrow star Stephen Amell is set as the lead in NBC drama pilot Suits L.A., a new extension of the Suits universe from Aaron Korsh, creator and writer of the original series. Production is scheduled to start in late March in Vancouver.

Suits L.A. centers on Ted Black (Amell), a former federal prosecutor from New York, who has reinvented himself representing the most powerful clients in Los Angeles. His firm is at a crisis point, and in order to survive he must embrace a role he held in contempt his entire career. Ted is surrounded by a group of characters who test their loyalties to both Ted and each other while they can’t help but mix their personal and professional lives. All of this is going on while events from years ago slowly unravel that led Ted to leave behind everything and everyone he loved.

Amell’s Ted Black is described as a charismatic force of nature who puts his own needs above others. Fifteen years ago, the former New York prosecutor joined forces with his old buddy, Stuart Lane, to build an L.A. law firm that specializes in criminal and entertainment law.

Suits: L.A. is not be a reboot or revival but a brand extension in the vein of the CSI and NCIS franchises featuring new characters in a new location.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Stephen Amell Teases Suits Spinoff Will Be 'Different for Me — Talky-Talky, Not Punchy-Punchy' (Exclusive)
By Esther Kang    February 13, 2024
https://people.com/suits-spinoff-stephen-amell-to-star-suits-la-8575428 

Amell tells PEOPLE of the new role: "I'm very excited. It's something very new and different for me — talky-talky, not punchy-punchy."
Under the direction of Victoria Mahoney, the show is scheduled to begin production in late March in Vancouver. If the pilot goes to series, Suits L.A. could be released some time in the 2024–2025 season.

(edited)

LOL please no wig

This really surprised me. Could be good, but I have a hard time picturing it. Maybe cause I think they will try for a Harvey Specter type character and I can’t see him with that level of charm.

Edited by Chaser