Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E07: What Would Phil Harris Do?

• Start Topic

With the Bairdi fishery open for the first time in years, Josh and John on the Time Bandit reopen the Phil Harris playbook and ask Casey and Sig to help tank the fleetwide quota. Wild Bill bets on Nick McGlashan to turn the tide for the Summer Bay.

(edited)

Seriously, the ONLY thing all those experienced captains could think to do to find bairidi was to ask JOSH?   Sig was fishing as long as Phil.   Same with Jonathan.   The producers are trying waaaaaaaay too hard to make Josh out to be some rockstar fisherman.   Its just not working.

Sorry the star last night was the seagull on the Wizard.   "No, not cool." 

Edited by merylinkid
Jonathan is cool, Josh is an ass. Thanks AZ Christian.
  • Love 6
54 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Seriously, the ONLY thing all those experienced captains could think to do to find bairidi was to ask JOSH?   Sig was fishing as long as Phil.   Same with Jonathan.   The producers are trying waaaaaaaay too hard to make Jonathan out to be some rockstar fisherman.   Its just not working.

Sorry the star last night was the seagull on the Wizard.   "No, not cool." 

Do you mean Josh?

What makes me sad is how Sig and Johnathan appear to have sold out and are going along with this story of Josh being useful on a crab boat.  It was just a few seasons ago that they each took on one of the boys FOR ONE SEASON after Phil died.  They were so worthless that they were both not offered a contract renewal on their respective ships.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Can Keith not have to call every freaking time Monte is fishing? I know it's set up by producers but it's annoying as fuck. Every fucking season he has to call and check on how it's going. Let your damn brother do his shit. He always does good and get off his back. Ughhhhh I can't stand Keith.

I was extremely sad watching Nick and them naming the string after his daughter and knowing what's going to happen.

Can Josh just leave already. And once again it was nice not having Jake freak out over shit, no Keith being a dick and Sig being a douche. Jonathan is starting to grate on my nerves with his Josh worship.

• Love 4

My DVR recorded this but I haven't been able to make myself watch it yet. I mean, seriously Discovery? The guy's been dead for 11 years. Eleven. Years. And you're trying to make him out to be some mythic figure that the current captains have to analyze for tips on crab fishing? 

With all respect to Saint Phil <cue angelic music and beatific photo> I am completely over this. All the cutaway shots of his picture, the constant references, the spin-off series in Hawaii (which I refuse to watch), the constant attempts to paint Josh as carrying on the hallowed 'legacy' ad infinitum? SMH

For some reason Discovery must think that His Holiness Phil was the main reason folks watched Deadliest Catch back in the day and that beating that (ahem) dead horse is the only reason people still do. News flash - it wasn't, and it isn't.

Sorry for the rant. We now return you to our scheduled programming.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dsteele said:

My DVR recorded this but I haven't been able to make myself watch it yet. I mean, seriously Discovery? The guy's been dead for 11 years. Eleven. Years. And you're trying to make him out to be some mythic figure that the current captains have to analyze for tips on crab fishing? 

It's not like when he was ALIVE everyone was constantly contacting him for tips on how to fish.   They all had their quirks and ways to find fish.   It's not like Phil was the guru.   In fact, I don't remember a lot of 'teaming up" back then.   It was every man for himself (hold over from the derby days?).   Phil was just as secretive with good fishing holes as the next Captain.   He was also just like them in that he hit them off right off and other times had to search.   

Now they are playing it as St. Phil Patron Saint of Crab Fishing who always knew where the crab were and always came back with full holds.

• Love 4
(edited)

Super boring ep with a side of tedium.

The fishery's gonna close!  Yeah, right.  Not with Jake A. waiting in the wings to save them all.

The seagull befouling the galley and bunks was gross.  But, it was legit funny, too.  Kinda reminded me of Disco's storyline.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
On 6/5/2021 at 12:14 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Super boring ep with a side of tedium.

The fishery's gonna close!  Yeah, right.  Not with Jake A. waiting in the wings to save them all.

The seagull befouling the galley and bunks was gross.  But, it was legit funny, too.  Kinda reminded me of Disco's storyline.

The seagull vs. the greenhorn was quite entertaining.  I feel sorry for that guy having to clean up that bird doody!!!!  Yuck!  As for Phil, please let the man rest already!  It's like we're living for dead people.  Enough!

• Love 2