Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Elvis, Jesus and Coca-Cola

• Start Topic

I guess not many people are watching this show. I don't know why I am. It has such a ludicrous plot, and this episode was full of Allie (Ally) and his wife (I can't remember her name) running around Mexico City guided by some random guy on the phone, while their two children are abandoned in the hotel and decide to wander about getting high and acting stupid. Who wrote this terrible series?

• Like 1

I didn't fully understand who the guy on the phone was and what connection he had with the family and who the group that kidnapped them were and if there is some connection to the cartel (which I'm sure there is, along with some plan to bargain them to the US government). I enjoy the series but every episode has definitely gotten a little wackier. It's so different from the film, other than the name 'Mosquito Coast' they could be totally different, unrelated things. 

• Love 2

Well, I like this show! I think it's fun and intriguing, even if it's totally improbable. And I like all the characters in the family, even the kids, which I normally can't say. So the daughter isn't actually Allie's daughter, they kidnapped her? I'm wondering if the group that they reached out to for help has something to do with the kidnapping. Like maybe after they kidnapped their daughter, they needed help, and Allie made a deal with this group, and offered to do something illegal for them. I'm guessing the US government is after them because of something bigger than a kidnapping. Also, they don't seem like the type to just kidnap someone, so I'm guessing there's more to that story.

The only thing that bugged me was the French backpacker saying he didn't speak English at first, but then later we see that he speaks excellent English. I'm guessing his preconceptions of Americans isn't going to change after the kid pulled a gun on him!

• Love 1

This show is starting to lose me a bit. After all the kids have been through, I find it hard to believe, that they just wander off. They know they are in danger. It felt super contrived. 

I did like the idea of using kids as the local spies. Very clever, and somewhat terrifying. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

Well, I like this show! I think it's fun and intriguing, even if it's totally improbable. And I like all the characters in the family, even the kids, which I normally can't say. So the daughter isn't actually Allie's daughter, they kidnapped her? I'm wondering if the group that they reached out to for help has something to do with the kidnapping. Like maybe after they kidnapped their daughter, they needed help, and Allie made a deal with this group, and offered to do something illegal for them. I'm guessing the US government is after them because of something bigger than a kidnapping. Also, they don't seem like the type to just kidnap someone, so I'm guessing there's more to that story.

If this is from the website she looked at ( I fast forwarded through part of the show so might have missed something) I assumed the story was a plant from the NSA agents looking for them, not real.

i am a latecomer to the show but am rapidly losing interest. This show need more than the crisis of the week. 

(edited)
4 hours ago, Rickster said:

If this is from the website she looked at ( I fast forwarded through part of the show so might have missed something) I assumed the story was a plant from the NSA agents looking for them, not real.

i am a latecomer to the show but am rapidly losing interest. This show need more than the crisis of the week. 

Oh, I didn't think it had anything to do with the website she visited, I thought the agents just had connections to all the webcams, and the software was able to find her through the webcam.

Edited by pezgirl7
7 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

Oh, I didn't think it had anything to do with the website she visited, I thought the agents just had connections to all the webcams, and the software was able to find her through the webcam.

The line from the analyst was “We got a hit from the digital buoy. The article”. So it seemed to me it was either a planted article tagged to notify them when and where somebody looked at it, or they could have tagged pre-existing articles to notify them, I guess ( although saying “the” article makes it sound like there was only one). Then they connected to the cam to see her. I don’t think it was facial recognition software looking at all webcams.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/25/2021 at 5:01 AM, Rickster said:

The line from the analyst was “We got a hit from the digital buoy. The article”. So it seemed to me it was either a planted article tagged to notify them when and where somebody looked at it, or they could have tagged pre-existing articles to notify them, I guess ( although saying “the” article makes it sound like there was only one). Then they connected to the cam to see her. I don’t think it was facial recognition software looking at all webcams.

Thanks, I didn't catch that part. That's pretty crappy of them to make the daughter believe that her parents kidnapped her!

If the dumb parents would just tell the kids what they did then maybe Dina would stop digging around and stopped being traced.

Also, don't know why the parents would go galavanting around Mexico City and the kids have nothing to eat in the hotel room or money?

How much money did they actually steal?