Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Fake It 'Til You Make It

• Start Topic

Challenged to create a webpage for Bethenny’s new cookware line, the top candidates struggle to follow simple recipes and communicate their vision. With the heat turned up, one thing’s clear: this is anyone’s game.

Original air date 2021.05.13

(edited)

Not that my opinion is worth a damn, but Kristen came in really having to win me over.  I was like, who is this person, where did she come from, is she Bethenny's friend????? And I feel like we'll never get those answers (LOL) but so far she has really won me over!  Also, she's just so nice to look at !  LOL.  I love her style.  It's so unique.  Head to toe.

I was very happy to see that Corey looks okay and not like he's some kind of prisoner or something. I hope that he's happy.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

This show is annoying and Bethenny is annoying, but when it comes to her brand, she is pretty good at so many things. She seems to save all their project fails. I suppose she's done these things enough times, but she seems like a pro at speaking well on demand about whatever topic, posing, showcasing her product, etc. Knowing what social media to get, even her annoying Christmas outfit changes for the gram. I really don't think any of these candidates can keep up with her, although I suppose the right person would learn with experience. (And that job sounds like an exhausting nightmare with no boundaries.)

I like that there hasn't been a ton of petty drama. Even Nicole has come off well saying positive comments about Corey when it was between the two of them and then being a friend to Wendy. It was actually kind of nice to see the four women being supportive of each other when they are all completely different.

I think Kristyn will win - even though she keeps giving Bethenny homework lol, I think she's maybe the most polished.  Milokssy seems a little too hesitant, although she did well in the earlier tasks. Who knows. None of these people will last for long.

The terrible writing and typos made me crazy too lol.

• Love 1
(edited)

It's funny that Nicole seemed really relieved to be eliminated.  Her attitude IS funny like Bethenny says.  She laughs it off and acts like she feels nothing.

Is next week the finale?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

I know Bethenny had the proof of Nicole’s goofs with the website, but part of me thinks the web designer may have purposely taken Nicole’s directions juuuust literally enough to passive-aggressively give Nicole a jab for her non stop bragging and yakking.  Wouldn’t a professional web designer call out an obvious nonsensical error like the “pepper” thing?  Or do they take the “final copy” as gospel, and run it as is?  

I was surprised but not surprised that none of the women could cook!  It isn’t hard to do if you have a recipe and follow the directions!   I get that they were multitasking to get photos and branding crap done, but they were baffled by the simplest things...like making sure the oven was ON a in order to BAKE a something. Or how to use a measuring cup!  Don’t Milokssy and Kristen have kids?  Do they just give them microwaved meals or fast food?  Maybe their partners do the cooking?  If I were Bethenny (or whoever ends up with this marketing/branding role), I would be concerned that these women made B’s line of food products look bad.  Some of the audience she’s targeting may think, Are the recipes too difficult to follow?  Are the products not going to come out right (a la the “flat titty” muffins)? 

• Love 5

I've been cooking every meal for the past year and yet I still feel pretty ignorant about baking.  But, I've known about cleaning dishes and vegetables since I was a kid..... so I hope I would be better than that.  But who knows?  LOL.

2 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I get that they were multitasking to get photos and branding crap done, but they were baffled by the simplest things...like making sure the oven was ON a in order to BAKE a something.

I am pretty sure they showed a contestant turning off Kristen's oven without her knowledge, no?

(edited)

I feel like I could do any of these challenges better than these people! ...however, I probably wouldn't last 2 hours in a room with Bethenny. She has business savvy and is well-spoken, but does she ever shift into a lower gear?

I'm sure they told the web designer to use their materials as is, cuz of course a typo like that would have been corrected. But it made for good drama to catch Nicole in that lie.  

Kristen is probably best suited for this job, but if she wins it will be really weird to have someone win that Bethenny basically hand picked mid-way through the competition. I mean, it kind of negates the whole thing, not that it has been a serious competition. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

At the end of assigning a take, Bethenny reiterates that this is not what the job will be doing. 

Every. Time!

So what is the point exactly? Oh that’s right, exposure for B’s thousand substandard products. Shame it’s NOT entertaining!

• Love 1