Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: The Right Thing

ESS
  • Start Topic

(edited)

As new details surrounding Sharon’s cause of death are revealed, Cruz suffers a medical emergency that leads to troublesome consequences. Meanwhile, Rebel and Grady team up against a crooked funeral homeowner, and Lana meets someone from her past.

Edited by ESS

Wow what an episode tonight!!

Rebel freaking out about Ziggy & Sean was hilarious, but I don't blame her one bit for laying it into them both, any parent would go crazy when two teenagers are in bed with each other like that. 

Poor Cruz! Man he needs to take time off, but he won't and it was so funny when his app kept on going off.

I can't believe Rebel invited Sean on their family outing, but I guess I can't blame her either and OMG she actually got Nate on the phone for a sex talk, but that's Rebel for you, poor Ziggy.

I'm still really liking Sean & Ziggy together, but I have a feeling that she's gonna ending up pregnant by the finale mainly because of the foreshadowing with both Rebel & Grady mentioning to her not to get pregnant, but usually from what I've seen that never works in TV shows especially with teens, but I really hope I'm wrong with this theory.  

I liked that Sean helped Carl with his hair that was sweet. I felt bad for Carl too, but at least he was getting better for the time being.

I couldn't believe Lana was married! and divorced and they got married in Vegas while drunk/high.. wow.

Grady & Rebel back together again which I hate so much, but I have to remind myself that's how Rebel is and just except it and I have even though inside it's killing me because Rebel deserves so much better. 

I loved that Rebel tried to destroy the funeral directors place and Grady was helpful. but that still doesn't change how I feel about him as a character. 

What Cassidy did was low to Cruz.. that's not the way to do that. 

Speaking of Cassidy I she and Amir are back together. 

Nate & Misha still don't know about them. 

Wow what a twist with Angela's character! I didn't expect that at her.. she's working for that jerk from Stonemore...ugh...and she's a lawyer apparently. Dang.

I can't wait for next week's episode it looks to be another awesome one.

• Love 3
(edited)

Well we all thought she was a honey trap, we just all had the wrong ranger.  Seems like a really round about way to get to Cruz and the case.  But maybe she was just trying to throw Rebel off her game. 

Edited by Aliconehead
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, ESS said:

I loved that Rebel tried to destroy the funeral directors place and Grady was helpful. but that still doesn't change how I feel about him as a character. 

I don't like the Robinhood story every week: Let's resort to criminal behavior because that's okay if we're righting a perceived wrong.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, eel21788 said:

I don't like the Robinhood story every week: Let's resort to criminal behavior because that's okay if we're righting a perceived wrong.

Rebel was frustrated he wasn't listening to her and that's how she is and no it wasn't the right thing to do, but she wanted to get his attention to make him do the right thing.

4 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

Well we all thought she was a honey trap, we just all had the wrong ranger.  Seems like a really round about way to get to Cruz and the case.  But maybe she was just trying to throw Rebel off her game. 

Yep I'll say I was shocked about that.. , but this isn't gonna go well at all.

(edited)

I was kind of underwhelmed by this episode, but Mary McDonnell reminded everyone why she's so well respected as an actor ("next level good", as Erin Brockovich said a couple of episodes ago) with how her entire being changed when Helen found out her liver is failing.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 2

Interesting that Angela is working for Stonewall, but makes sense. I thought it was super weird that she would hang out all day waiting for Rebel just to apologize for flirting with Grady. I really have a hard time believing anyone would care so much to do that when they hadn't even slept with a guy.

I do like Lana, and am glad to see Tamala Jones get something interesting to do. But I hate when shows do the secret marriage plot.

Still don't get why I am supposed to root for someone who has no problem breaking the law, stealing, and committing extortion/assault, etc. I know she is trying to help people, but that does not make it okay to constantly break the law. 

• Love 3

I am guessing no one here has ever watched Leverage then?   The doing something drastic because following the letter of the law just doesn’t work.   If that isn’t you cuppa this show probably won’t work for you.   Rebel is exactly the kind of person who will go on a tear if you break her moral code and damn the consequences which is the major issue and sticking point with Angela  and why she is working for Stonewall.   Angela can pretend all she wants that she has a moral code but she would take up the side of the Mortuary because legally they were in the right and they had no legal obligation to do anything just like Stonewall has no legal obligation to give a damn that it killing its patients.  

• Useful 3
8 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I am guessing no one here has ever watched Leverage then?   The doing something drastic because following the letter of the law just doesn’t work.   If that isn’t you cuppa this show probably won’t work for you.   Rebel is exactly the kind of person who will go on a tear if you break her moral code and damn the consequences which is the major issue and sticking point with Angela  and why she is working for Stonewall.   Angela can pretend all she wants that she has a moral code but she would take up the side of the Mortuary because legally they were in the right and they had no legal obligation to do anything just like Stonewall has no legal obligation to give a damn that it killing its patients.  

Thank you for this perspective. I never watched Leverage, but at the same time I understand Rebel and how she is. You've explained so well better than I could have,

Best line, when Rebel finds Ziggy & Sean in bed.

R to Z: Besides, I thought you liked girls.

S: Actually, I'm kind of fluid too.

Z: So not the point, Sean.

Just cracked me up.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LekoBoy said:

Best line, when Rebel finds Ziggy & Sean in bed.

R to Z: Besides, I thought you liked girls.

S: Actually, I'm kind of fluid too.

Z: So not the point, Sean.

Just cracked me up.

I loved Rebel's diatribe at Ziggy and Sean.  You go, girl!  Woman has guts to be a proper mother and state the facts.  Cracked me up that Sean was "forced" to go to San Bernardino with the fam!

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/8/2021 at 10:28 PM, Chaos Theory said:

I didn't watch Leverage, but I did watch Burn Notice, which had a similar premise of doing something drastic when the law can't help you. And I liked them doing it in that show, but I find it problematic here. I think because Burn Notice usually had people's lives in danger and they had already tried other options. And none of those characters acted like they had a moral high ground.

Rebel seems to jump right to breaking the law instead of trying other options like going to the media to shame the funeral home guy into sticking to his original deal.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I loved Rebel's diatribe at Ziggy and Sean.  You go, girl!  Woman has guts to be a proper mother and state the facts.  Cracked me up that Sean was "forced" to go to San Bernardino with the fam!

That was funny I loved it too. 

• Love 1