Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Witchful Thinking

• Start Topic

The Charmed Ones (Melonie Diaz, Madeleine Mantock, Sarah Jeffery) go in search of an ancient relic that will help them cure their magical allergy but find themselves unprepared for the outcome. Josefina (guest star Mareya Salazar) makes an important decision for her future.

On 5/2/2021 at 12:00 PM, Lady Calypso said:

The Charmed Ones (Melonie Diaz, Madeleine Mantock, Sarah Jeffery) go in search of an ancient relic that will help them cure their magical allergy but find themselves unprepared for the outcome. 

"find themselves unprepared for the outcome " pretty much sums them up

• LOL 4

OK . . . so because they put The Source into The Tree it ripped open a chasm to the Tomb of Chaos which released some sort of magnetic security curse that repels them from other magical creatures, and this week they used an ancient and powerful artifact to rid themselves of the curse but at the expense of others? So they had to reverse the spell and put the curse back on themselves? Does this make sense to anyone?

Meanwhile, Abigael's demon half is trying to kill her witch half, because why? If her witch half dies won't her demon half die too? They're really the same person after all.

Goodbye, Josefina. Nobody will miss you.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

So this episode was for nothing? Only to fast forward to Josefina to get a power? So they can check off a box? That's really what it felt like. I wonder if they will ever explore the male side of being a witch, surely they have male cousins who want powers. While I didnt mind Josefina, I am glad that she wont be around full time as yet another person who can make the sisters look like half-assed witches. She's already able to create "power" potions (which I hated in the original as well). She's totally superior to The "Charmed Ones"

TCO just had to go down a scary cave, take an egg and run away from some bad breath? That was the perilous journey they had to go on? Couldn't make it any harder? And to top it off they were able to just return it as if nothing happened. There should be no take backs. They should've had to try to find a new way around this problem of people I dont know being in danger because TCOs are magically given whatever they wanted at the expense of others. They cant even save themselves, their cousin has to once again save the day lol.

The slight plus side was the sisters had multiple scenes together...of course most of them involved others but I guess we have to take what we can get. But once they get that egg in the beginning, they embrace for half a second and remember "arent we supposed to have our own solo storylines?"

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't know why this show is so bored with their own main characters, they always get tired of them and move onto some new person. Even this episode, Josephina had to save the day, and their big epic quest amounted to them just going into a room and grabbing a thing. 

Not going to miss Josephina, you can only attack your totally supportive family so many times and then just be like "my bad, I just really wanted something so that makes it ok" and still be likable for me. Have fun getting your poison ivy on somewhere else. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I don't know why this show is so bored with their own main characters, they always get tired of them and move onto some new person. Even this episode, Josephina had to save the day, and their big epic quest amounted to them just going into a room and grabbing a thing. 

Not going to miss Josephina, you can only attack your totally supportive family so many times and then just be like "my bad, I just really wanted something so that makes it ok" and still be likable for me. Have fun getting your poison ivy on somewhere else. 

And her gift to them was...The Book of Shadows? That Mel has already been working on? So now when they use a spell out of it they can just credit it to Josephina.

• Love 3

Third decent episode in a row, so at least it's not as painful to watch.  I still enjoy watching the sisters interact and at least they have more scenes together, as mentioned by others above.  But still, it was weak.  The negative consequences for random people due to ending the allergy made no sense.  As usual, the Abigail subplot was a boring waste of screentime.  

Spoiler

I liked the scenes with Macy and Harry, but knowing that the actress is leaving after this season puts a real damper on their storyline.  It makes it harder to enjoy it knowing something will happen to break them up.

Edited by Camera One