Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E11: Guardian Angels

DanaK
  • Start Topic

"Guardian Angels" - Frank takes matters into his own hands to save Gormley's career when the officer is accused of using excessive force after decades-old complaints against him become public knowledge. Also, Danny and Baez learn to be allies when the transgender community comes under attack, Jamie and Eddie aim to settle a personal dispute with a local thug who likes to fight cops, and Erin is pressured to let a good samaritan off the hook for a violent act of vigilantism, on BLUE BLOODS, Friday, April 9 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

I am so turned off by storylines featuring blondie as a tough cop. It's so not believable that it's comical. Love how Jamie called her and her partner out early on about how they aren't out for revenge.

Did the bartender refer to Danny's partner as "Lips"?  😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, Neiman said:

Did the bartender refer to Danny's partner as "Lips"?  😂

I also thought I heard that.

ETA:  Baez says:  Well, do you remember serving a guy with brown hair in his 30s?

Bartender says:  Lips here's kidding, right?

Edited by preeya
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I really thought Jamie was going to beat that guy up and thought how out of character it was for him. I'm not sure getting the guy's friends to beat him up for supposedly squealing to the cops was a better solution, at least given Jamie's character, but it kind of felt good

That bartender was kind of a jerk. I'm a little surprised that it was Baez rather than Danny having issues with transgenderism, but I do recall he dealt with some drag queens with respect. The storyline seemed to be handled with some sensitivity though the ending was lame. Danny seems to have reigned in his behavior and became more sensitive this season

The governor was a jerk, though I'm not sure Erin should have gone to him and sandbagged her boss. She was right though in the sense the crusader was more aggressive than he needed to be

Still not sure about the Gormley storyline

30 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I'm a little surprised that it was Baez rather than Danny having issues with transgenderism, but I do recall he dealt with some drag queens with respect.

Because people expect Danny to be the one to have issues with transgender people, it's more interesting if he's okay with it. It's why the drag queen episode worked so well. Danny is one of the last people you would expect to be knowledgeable on the topic, so when he is it's a surprise to the audience.

I think there was an episode cut this season. At some point there was supposed to be an episode where something happens (I have no idea what) and Danny realizes he needs to change. Danny's personality has dramatically changed this season and I have no idea why.

I wish there had been a scene of Garrett convincing Sid to let him help. You almost never see the two of them on the same side helping each other. They will bicker with each other, but as soon as someone from the outside attacks, it's "no hits my brother expect me." 

Sean's part of the Sunday dinner scene was wonderful.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, preeya said:

I also thought I heard that.

ETA:  Baez says:  Well, do you remember serving a guy with brown hair in his 30s?

Bartender says:  Lips here's kidding, right?

Stupid question. Hilarious answer. Loved it!

• Love 1

I like that Danny’s evolving and wouldn’t mind a relationship between him and Baez beyond what happens at work.  However, I feel there are too many storylines going on each week.   

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Neiman said:

I like that Danny’s evolving and wouldn’t mind a relationship between him and Baez beyond what happens at work.  However, I feel there are too many storylines going on each week.   

I agree but that's been going on for a while now.  It would make me deleriously happy if they eliminated Erin's storyline each week.  I can't stand her.  She's an entitled bitch.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, DanaK said:

I'm a little surprised that it was Baez rather than Danny having issues with transgenderism, but I do recall he dealt with some drag queens with respect. The storyline seemed to be handled with some sensitivity though the ending was lame.

Danny is more tolerant than people think.  In the past there was also the gay actor he was guarding who still in the closet publicly.  Danny questions why he's in the closet since he could get married [to a man] if he wanted.  IRL cops may not necessarily agree with the lifestyles of the people they protect, but they literally have seen it all.  They ultimately see a person in trouble or a crime that needs to be solved. 

18 hours ago, Neiman said:

I like that Danny’s evolving and wouldn’t mind a relationship between him and Baez beyond what happens at work.

I personally would hate this.  Not all LEO partners get romantic with each other.  Eddie and Jamie have already done this and that's enough (even their relationship I found to be pushing the envelope story wise).  Stuff like that IRL is generally discouraged in the workplace, but TV drama.  If anything, if Danny's character decides to date again, I wouldn't mind seeing him navigate internet dating sites and adjusting to modern dating (I liked the idea of him dating a nurse, just like Linda because men do tend to fall into patterns with the women in their lives).

19 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

At some point there was supposed to be an episode where something happens (I have no idea what) and Danny realizes he needs to change. Danny's personality has dramatically changed this season and I have no idea why.

The writers.  They're trying too hard to be L&O I think.  Established characterization be damned.  

Still not sure about the Gormley storyline

I had a problem with it.  Gormley would have been thoroughly vetted before starting at One PP.  The incident would have been a non starter, especially since he'd been cleared.  It's tough to have a career in the NYPD and not have a beef pop up on one's file - even if the officer was not guilty of any wrongdoing.  I did like Garrett coming to his defense though.  You can tell they do respect each other.

I really thought Jamie was going to beat that guy up and thought how out of character it was for him. I'm not sure getting the guy's friends to beat him up for supposedly squealing to the cops was a better solution, at least given Jamie's character, but it kind of felt good

Same.  If anything, it was far more fitting.

The governor was a jerk, though I'm not sure Erin should have gone to him and sandbagged her boss. She was right though in the sense the crusader was more aggressive than he needed to be

Unfortunately, it's closer to reality than you might think.  Sandbagging is all too common at all levels - although usually it's to get ahead, not stop an overzealous crusader.

16 hours ago, AnnA said:

I agree but that's been going on for a while now.  It would make me deleriously happy if they eliminated Erin's storyline each week.  I can't stand her.  She's an entitled bitch.

Agreed.  She really seems to be more annoying these last few seasons.  I agree with the belief there are too many storylines in an episode.  It's OK if there's an A plot and a B plot.  They can save the C,D, and F plots for once a month episodes.  

• Love 3

Once again, ridiculous storyline with a ridiculous DA. She is so focused on sticking it to Erin, she could not possibly be doing her job. She once again tries to convince herself she is in charge by lamely reminding Erin, You work for me, I laughed and laughed. So stupid. Almost a show killing character for me, it is so dumb this whole storyline. Please let this insufferable cow get written out of the show already. I tune in for the Reagans not these waste of air time throw away characters.