Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: The Radical Truth

jewel21
  • Start Topic

I think we all thought it wasn't a "good shoot" (whatever that means, no shootings are "good" they are only arguably "justified"), but Adam had a point when he laid in to Kim at the end of the episode.  If they are whatever they are supposed to be - platonic life partners now, I guess? - then she should have given him the benefit of the doubt.  We, the audience, didn't have to, but he's right that she should have.  I for one was really surprised that he told the truth, but it was a decent way to end it; I'm glad Adam actually did the "right" thing.  

I'm not looking forward to next week's episode.  There will HAVE to be more to it than the previews, but the previews don't make me want to watch... even if I do get to see Jesse Lee Soffer shirtless...

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Avabelle said:

Time for annual family member of Intelligence dies episode (I assume). 

Or is in peril at the very least.

Is Jason Beghe's throat healing? His voice was noticeably less gravelly than it's been in the past.

Even though we didn't see the shooting, I'm glad they avoided the "cop kills someone and his fellow officers cover it up" cliché. 

• Love 1

Well they didn't kill off Bob, but of course they made him an awful human being. Is it a pre-requisite of becoming and IU member that your family life must be a clusterfuck.

Adam finally giving Kim what for...about freaking time. I may have cheered a little when he shut the door on her (despite it breaking my Burzek loving heart). She has always doubted him and he's always let her and never said anything. Probably why she looked so shocked he didn't welcome her with open arms.

Her tone at the scene was accusatory & then she doubled down back at the station still questioning him & when it was proved a good shoot she said nothing. Turning up at his door to apologise with the caveat that he had to see where she was coming from was pretty shitty form.

Adam's been betrayed by his father, questioned about his integrity by Atwater & Burgess in the space of a few weeks, no wonder he feels alone. Yes he's a hot head, yes he pushes it but Adam has never shown any sign of being capable of murdering someone & that's what Burgess accused him of.

As was mentioned above by Funky Chicken....the audience was meant to question him, Burgess never should have.

I had to laugh when Voight made the comment about them not signing execution orders.....um did we forget that felony barbie did just that & you let her get away with it. If anyone in this unit is capable of murder it's her (Voight already is a murderer).

As for the promo for next week, do they actually think this will make people want to watch? The squealing tweenagers that promo catered to are already going to watch. A random watcher isn't going to look at that and see 'oh, this looks like an interesting case, lets' check it out'

• Love 2

Well, I hope that’s the end of Adam/Kim love story, so sick of it, I wanna watch a cop show, not soap opera... 🙄

After the shooting, when Kim said “what did you do?” (instead of what happened, are you okay?), it shows Kim’s true color & how she sees Adam as a person. After those years of being together, professionally & personally, Kim should (at least) give Adam a benefit of the doubt. I understand why Adam feels so alone right now. His BFF questioned him several weeks ago. Then a woman he loves didn’t trust him/his judgement. When Adam shut the door on Kim, I was like yes! yes! yes! Her FBI boyfriend did the same to her when she ruined his case, can’t remember which season.

Hey writers, can you send Kim & Hailey to  FBI for special assignment or to an extended girls’ vacation etc pls? It would be good to have CPD episodes without Kim’s doe-eyes and Hailey’s smugness! 🤣 

I really miss Al & Antonio! The new guy adds nothing to this episode, he’s basically Atwater 2.0! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Who is the new guy? I didn’t watch last week’s episode.

Andre Cooper - portrayed by Cleveland Berto

From Wiki:

Officer Andre Cooper is an officer who was introduced as a rookie patrol officer whose field training officer shot and killed a black man in cold blood. He is first seen when Atwater and Ruzek go to arrest the officer and he is trying to get to his training officer's house to receive answers. He joined the Intelligence Unit in "Impossible Dream" at the behest of Deputy Superintendent Samantha Miller, who revealed that he was not respected by the department's black officers for standing around and not doing more as his partner shot the man and was being shunned by the white officers for not backing up his partner, and that Miller did not want to see Cooper, the valedictorian of his academy class, have his career ruined.

15 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Andre Cooper - portrayed by Cleveland Berto

From Wiki:

Officer Andre Cooper is an officer who was introduced as a rookie patrol officer whose field training officer shot and killed a black man in cold blood. He is first seen when Atwater and Ruzek go to arrest the officer and he is trying to get to his training officer's house to receive answers. He joined the Intelligence Unit in "Impossible Dream" at the behest of Deputy Superintendent Samantha Miller, who revealed that he was not respected by the department's black officers for standing around and not doing more as his partner shot the man and was being shunned by the white officers for not backing up his partner, and that Miller did not want to see Cooper, the valedictorian of his academy class, have his career ruined.

https://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2021/03/31/chicago-p-d-jason-beghe-praises-the-brief-addition-of-cleveland-berto/#more-153907

Then there is this...so I have no idea if he's still there or not. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

When Adam shut the door on Kim, I was like yes! yes! yes! Her FBI boyfriend did the same to her when she ruined his case, can’t remember which season.

I had to laugh at that, because the first thing I did was flashback to that moment when her FBI boyfriend did the same thing.

• LOL 3
38 minutes ago, Dr.OO7 said:

I had to laugh at that, because the first thing I did was flashback to that moment when her FBI boyfriend did the same thing.

She should be getting used to it by now. 😂 

• Love 2