Type keyword(s) to search

S01:E06 My Day with Andre

AgentRXS
  • Start Topic

Hawaii, 1982: Dewey spends a day with Andre the Giant that neither will ever forget. Lia and Rocky prepare for the huge Island Battle Royale, where more than the title is at stake. In 2032, candidate Johnson reveals his running mate.

Original Air Date: March 30, 2021

• Love 1

Definitely seen enough wrestling to know that Iron Sheik going through the middle rope meant he wasn't actually eliminated, so I wasn't surprised that Lia changed the script to have him win over Rocky.  I can understand why Lia assumed the worst with Rocky's meeting with Yao since she had already lost two other wrestlers, but this definitely would have been a case where she should have confronted Rocky first, instead of just go behind his back.  Curious to see how this all will play out.

More appearances from recognizable starts like Sgt. Slaughter and Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat!

The scenes with "Dewey" and Andre were great.  I know the actor might not be quite as big as the real Andre, but he really has nailed down his mannerisms and style, and is able to make him not feel like just an imitation.

So, Dwayne's running mate is a "former" enemy of his, General Monica Jackson, played by none other than Rosario Dawson herself!  A fun bit of casting, since they both co-starred together in The Rundown.  Of course, what I really want to know more about is the adaptation Dwayne apparently did of Matilda!

• Love 5

I need to know more about this remake of Matilda that Dwayne was in. 

This episode title was inevitable with Andre the Giant as a supporting character. Loved everything with him and little "Dewy" all of their scenes were very heartfelt and bittersweet. The actor is obviously not as big as Andre really was (few people are) but they are doing a lot with camera angles to make him even bigger, and he is really nailing the mannerisms and voice. 

Lia really should have talked to Rocky first before she changed the match to get back at him for talking to the other promoter. I can see why she thought the worst, but that really sucks. Things are certainly going to be awkward at home for awhile. 

Rosario Dawson! 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Lia really should have talked to Rocky first before she changed the match to get back at him for talking to the other promoter. I can see why she thought the worst, but that really sucks. Things are certainly going to be awkward at home for awhile. 

She really should have because so far Rocky has been shown to be a great guy and I know she was feeling betrayed that someone so close to her would seemingly turn on her.

Can I mention how much I love that Dwayne is called Dewey by his family (no matter what age).

• Love 6
(edited)
On 3/31/2021 at 3:38 PM, tennisgurl said:

This episode title was inevitable with Andre the Giant as a supporting character. Loved everything with him and little "Dewy" all of their scenes were very heartfelt and bittersweet. The actor is obviously not as big as Andre really was (few people are) but they are doing a lot with camera angles to make him even bigger, and he is really nailing the mannerisms and voice. 

If there was ever a way to make a proper series about Andre the Giant's life I would watch the hell out of it. I have seen a few different documentaries about him and they did a good job here just sort of capturing how tragic his fame and size really were. Because even super famous movie stars can sometimes put on a hat and dark glasses and be somewhat anonymous.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Love 6