Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Welcome to the Dad Band

• Start Topic

When Dave's amateur band loses its lead singer just before a gig, Tina offers to fill in, however her high standards are out of tune with the rest of the group. Also, Marty quickly regrets letting his needy boss, Jerry (guest star Samm Levine), crash at his new place.

Airdate: 03/08/2021

Oh my, Tina can sing.

I thought this was a fun episode with a lot of good lines. 

"Tina is as serious about music, as I am about cars. Or you are about...well me." 

Even Grover got a good line in with his disgust about married couples and their displays of affection, lol. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Oh my, Tina can sing.

"Tina is as serious about music, as I am about cars. Or you are about...well me." 

Even Grover got a good line in with his disgust about married couples and their displays of affection, lol. 

Clearly Tina is very serious about her music, to the point of trying to get the other band members thrown out, which of course was very wrong for a dad band. Overall, a fun episode

• Love 2

On 3/8/2021 at 8:02 PM, jewel21 said:

Oh my, Tina can sing.

All of this. Tichina Arnold has some pipes! Wow, she was fun to watch. 

I loved that line from Calvin, lol.

Dave and Tina going at it was pretty hilarious as was Calvin and Gemma teaming up to get them to make up. "TIina is grouchy and irritable...it's like living with me" lol.

I always love Marty and Malcolm but I could have done without the creepy boss storyline though.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 3

It's always annoying to me when on TV people in large corporations think they can get raises by asking their immediate supervisor. So I was glad to hear Jerry (?) tell Marty that he didn't make those decisions. It's odd that Marty wouldn't know how how that worked.

• Love 3
On 3/10/2021 at 10:32 AM, MaryMitch said:

It's always annoying to me when on TV people in large corporations think they can get raises by asking their immediate supervisor. So I was glad to hear Jerry (?) tell Marty that he didn't make those decisions. It's odd that Marty wouldn't know how how that worked.

I'm not surprised since this is his first job. I have worked with early career professionals and they often don't know anything about performance reviews, salary negotiation, etc.